Gil Getting Hard To Come By.. Thanks SE!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Gil getting hard to come by.. Thanks SE!
Gil getting hard to come by.. Thanks SE!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-16 01:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Really though SE has killed the games economy which really pisses me off if you want a decent weapon you have to spend hours and hours doing annoying tedious magian trials.

I just don't know what to even do to make gil anymore crafting sucks and is a waste really now a days most things I can farm don't give the solid return they used to and now with this last update you can't even tele *** anymore since people can warp directly to maws. :( I saw 3 tele shouts in 45 min in whitegate thats really sad imo unless you have a group to kill nms that drop things people want I don't really see a way to make gil in FFXI anymore except the slow and low gil/hour of npc'n stuff.

Any thoughts anyone?
[+]
 Cerberus.Soluna
Server: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-09-16 01:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In b4 the in b4's are in before the in b4's?
(TROLLOLOLOL)
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-09-16 01:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As a 100 leathercrafter I have felt the blow by SE, but I'll tell you this, abyssea is my new money maker, it is very possible to make under half a mil a week in abyssea by targeting the right nms. Find whats hot on the AH and sell the hell out of it, find a group of people who like gil just as much as you, and a 3-6 man group can take care of most timed nms in abyssea.

Example, just the other night a low man group I rolled with killed colibri NM for spiral ring, 1.2mil in the pocket, its all about adjusting to whats hot....I still make dusk when I can v_v.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 01:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

there is still quite a bit of stuff that does make money... and abyssea is a money pit if you spend the time, it doesnt even really take a big group to do much there, couple friends even with the split, you can make decent profit. you are correct that some stuff has suffered. but not all, there are still new players coming into the game, and there are still people leveling lower jobs, just appease to that market, instead of higher levels.... one thing to consider is people are still building relics, and mythics... farm those items.. with the jobs cap at 85now, a low man farming group into dyna might not be a bad idea, even with paying to enter, you might get lucky and get some 100 pieces and that in itself pays for the run +profit
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-09-16 01:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing, always has and always will be imo the best gil-maker in the game. People always need food, and you can always npc fish.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-16 01:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
As a 100 leathercrafter I have felt the blow by SE, but I'll tell you this, abyssea is my new money maker, it is very possible to make under half a mil a week in abyssea by targeting the right nms. Find whats hot on the AH and sell the hell out of it, find a group of people who like gil just as much as you, and a 3-6 man group can take care of most timed nms in abyssea.

Example, just the other night a low man group I rolled with killed colibri NM for spiral ring, 1.2mil in the pocket, its all about adjusting to whats hot....I still make dusk when I can v_v.

lol good idea I think now would be the time to focus on money nms since everyone is in a fuss over the AF+ gear.. I've been bored looking at ah seeing what gears are still decent and wow Im shocked to see the old money makers dirt cheap lol nobles for 90k vermy 40k :P
Just odd I guess wish they would take the time cap off abyssea that would make farming the nms easier at least ^^

I might just take up fishing lol :( you're right people are going to always need food and the dyna thing doesn't sound bad either as i still want a couple good pieces from there.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-09-16 01:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Fishing, always has and always will be imo the best gil-maker in the game. People always need food, and you can always npc fish.
This one thousand times over.

It's the only craft I know where you can make a constant profit while skilling up.
A lot of people turn their noses up at it, granted I know it's not the most fun thing to do, but even when throwing catches to an NPC it's instant gil and it's constant.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-16 01:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting still makes money of you farm your ingredients..

there is less demand for gil atm because of all the new gear being rare/ex

Magian stuff also pwn's a lot of the current AH gear atm also.

Make stuff people use a lot like food.. (or icarus wings even) those have sky rocketed on my server because nobody is making them.. like 20k profit a synth if you bought all ingredients.

Could also try to sell rare/ex gear to people.. merc kills or w/e.. things are out there if you want gil for some reason.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-16 01:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ty for the tips all :)
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-16 01:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Start a dyna ls and sell currency or did people stop upgrading relic weapons?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-16 01:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, would I hate to work as a developer for FFXI.

"SE, fix this. SE, fix that."

There are no limits to the complaining apparently.
[+]
 Sylph.Priy
Server: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-09-16 02:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do very well just npcing the crour gear... They all npc for around 7k
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-09-16 02:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Woodworking can also bring in a nice profit, especially when every ranger and ninja on earth is trying to level up for the new caps. Make shihei, make status bolts, make scorpion, demon, and kabura arrows. Usually I use the arrows I make, so they are not so profitable for me. But for woodworkers who are not leveling rng, it should be able to bring in a fair amount.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-16 02:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Woodworking can also bring in a nice profit, especially when every ranger and ninja on earth is trying to level up for the new caps. Make shihei, make status bolts, make scorpion, demon, and kabura arrows. Usually I use the arrows I make, so they are not so profitable for me. But for woodworkers who are not leveling rng, it should be able to bring in a fair amount.

^^^^ !
Shihei are currently selling at around 70k a stack of toolbags on Gilgamesh O.o
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2010-09-16 02:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Goldsmithing is pretty much dead for me. Elemental beads sell less than the ore themselves. This also brings down the prices of HQ staves.
You just have to find that 1 item that people have a high demand for and the supply of mats for it are not too readily available for others.
The best items to craft right now are consumables or perishable goods.

The trade off is crafting/gil making vs actual gameplay. This is where a secondary character comes in handy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2010-09-16 02:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's all sorts of ways to make money nowadays, just gotta have Abyssea access to get to it. If anything, SE has succeeded in making it where Joe Smoe can obtain a ludicrous amount of money with some effort and time, if they can't be bothered to do crafting or any other activities to net some money.

Some of it takes skill, like the Amoeban drops that go for 50k - 100k, while others are just as simple as going to one point on the map and clicking on a spot, then back to another point. If that doesn't work for you, abuse that Cruor you should be gathering off of exp / meriting / Emp. Feet runs. Just gotta be creative and spot some points to get what you need. Won't be stupidly rich, but if your daily upkeep costs you over 100k or so a day, that's some hardcore Gil Toss action you got there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-09-16 02:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling cruor gear to npc... I know it was stated already bit it's alot better than most people think. Who doesn't like getting paid to exp? 15k cruor = 45k gil. You can make like 200-300k gil per exp party if you're going from 80-85+ merits. Just don't forget to save a little cruor for flux's and enhancements.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-16 02:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Man, would I hate to work as a developer for FFXI.

"SE, fix this. SE, fix that."

There are no limits to the complaining apparently.

K well you spend millions of gil and a ***ton of hours leveling a craft for SE to only kill it and most other crafts and pretty much destroy the economy you obviously don't know how much it sucks :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-16 02:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
Selling cruor gear to npc... I know it was stated already bit it's alot better than most people think. Who doesn't like getting paid to exp? 15k cruor = 45k gil. You can make like 200-300k gil per exp party if you're going from 80-85+ merits. Just don't forget to save a little cruor for flux's and enhancements.

yeah I did this for a bit made a decent amount of gil for it at least this i can count on for a slow steady stream of gil started working on fishing on my mule tonight lol
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-16 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tranquilizer 1.2M doesn't drop in abyssea or from magian
Turbo charger 700k
economizer 700k

cake

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-16 03:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Odin.Liela said:

^^^^ !
Shihei are currently selling at around 70k a stack of toolbags on Gilgamesh O.o

I hate you guys. I had to pay 100k for a stack of toolbag shehei last time. And a stack dont even last a week ><

For OP as everyone else has said, fishing. Even at low lv you can make some nice profit on moat carp. Cooking also make a good profit these days. If your fishing and cooking is high enough you can make really good profit from fishing for your own sushi.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-16 04:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Tranquilizer 1.2M doesn't drop in abyssea or from magian
Turbo charger 700k
economizer 700k

cake

Go out an get the items you need if you can't afford them.

If you really wanted w/e item you'd go do the bcnm/enm/ or ashu talif in this case (i think thats where the pup stuff drops).

Gil isn't the only way to aquire items >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2010-09-16 04:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shihei? What's that? /SAM all the way.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shallow
Server: Fenrir
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-09-16 04:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If I may put my two cents in... *looks through wallet* ah damn..only got a twenty.... oh well.

I agree with the whole magian trial stuff... I really wish SE would come out with more weapons and armor that can be bought off the auction house. As for gil, I can agree with the cruor gear NPC method.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-16 04:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rienea said:
Shihei? What's that? /SAM all the way.

Going /SAM as nin is a good idea, and you wont have to cast shadows?
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2010-09-16 04:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but who cares about NIN.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-16 04:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
going to take this on a little tangent here...
Fishing is a quick buck, and with synthesis help, can make a few hundred quick bucks. Food is always a necessity, as well as fish being the ingredient for alchemical goodies like bolt heads. But also on that note:
There are many synthesis recipies still out there that do not require the Auction House to make you gil. Bonecraft is a huge deposit of synths that you can farm very easily then NPC. Scorpion claws and shell, ram horns, beetle shells and jaws, with nothing more than a crystal can be 500-1k per item, and drop so fast of mobs that its almost sad how fast 200k-500k can drop into your pocket (one 6 hour day of farming usually).
If the low and slow route (which is what this is) doesnt grab ya, Abyssea NMs are hot, and can be low manned.
~Happy Hunting!~
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-16 04:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rienea said:

Hey, NIN is still good for certain mobs that I can't think of right now and they're good for other stuff and such.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-16 04:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bahamut.Rienea said:

Hey, NIN is still good for certain mobs that I can't think of right now and they're good for other stuff and such.

lol no they're not.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-16 04:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarcasm, idiot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5