Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AF 3 seals
AF 3 seals
By onionknightpld 2010-09-15 19:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok does anyone know about the seals and doing quest?
like i dont want to waste stones cause SE sucks but when u do certain quest its will give you different seals anyone know if it depends on your job that what u get? i dont want to spam a quest and only get whm seals or something i cant even use. i looked on wiki at which quest gives u what seals but ppl say it just random on there
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-09-15 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They will tell you it's just random on here too.... cause it is.

EDIT: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13941/everything-you-need-to-know-about-af3/
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 19:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the af3 thread...
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-09-15 19:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its ***tbh.

Walk around for ages in the hope that u -might- get the seal u want, even if u get one -at all-.

Is this SE's idea of a "fun" quest? Time spent playing used in a fulfilling manner?

If anyone from SE reads these forums, heres some hints for changes:

1: Make the seals 100%, just have a random one from the jobs that quest covers.

2: Make them drop into a pool, allowing players to do these quests with friends to up the chances of the required seal.

3: Using a conflux should count as zoning as regards these quests.

4: Give more options of getting these seals, gold chests or mob drops would be nice.

5: Share fame between the areas.

Abyssea is time consuming enough as regards how exp is gained, do we really have to spend 8-15 hours or more doing the same quest over and over in the mild hope of luck? Yay for time sinks.

Currently i am goin on 6 hours of whm bst n thf seals, albeit only 1 of each, in the attempt to get sam legs done. Considering how close to BH it is in stats idk if its going to be worth the +1 in the end, not even going to attempt the +2 if drop rates r this crappy.

Time is time, we spend it how we like, but this is not enjoyable. This is more mind numbing than Pop Idol.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-09-15 19:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple seals can drop from easy, tier 1 NMs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 19:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

These quests are merely an alternative for people that are solo and can't solo nms well.

I doubt they were ever meant to be the main method of upgrading AF3. Hence why most kinda suck
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-15 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Multiple seals can drop from easy, tier 1 NMs.
What he said. SE is trying to encourage you to fight NM's with your friends and not solo everything.