Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 03:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Is there no quest for drg head seals then? =/
Doesn't look like it. But then again getting fame there is pretty lame so... maybe just not found yet
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-22 03:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so, for the galkan sausage quest, you can just buy them from AH? Also, does it need to be +3 to get seals from the guy or can it be any type?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 03:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything but -1s. Some people say there seems to be no correlation between NQ +1 +2 and +3... but they always seem to take longer to get seals too lol. Plus the +3s are easy to make. Just make a trade maccro and spam enter. If not in the middle of it it will trade. If you are it will keep saying keep it in until it burns or you get +3
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-22 03:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/His_Bridge,_His_Beloved

Anyone know what drops the Viscous Spittle?

Spitting Spiders drop the Viscous Spittle.

Also in regards to the Galkan Sausage quest in 7 1/2 stacks (so did the quest 90 times, only using nq sausage!) I got 12 rng seals, 8 rdm seals, 5 pup seals, 3 drk seals. So based on what I've read from others in this thread it appears to be entirely random. It also appears that +1,+2,+3 does not yield seals more often than NQ. I did have 3 instances of same seals dropping in back to back attempts. 28 seals in 90 attempts using only NQ so that's nearly a 30% seal reward rate.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-22 04:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats all good news then, I need to get fame up before i can do the medical supplies one for my drg seals, cant say im looking forward to that at all! /sigh... time to get cooking.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-22 04:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it always take ages for it to start cooking? >.> been a few minutes now.. lol
By Shiroineko 2010-09-22 05:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are doing the south gustaburg fire to cook them, you may only cook/retrieve one galkan sausage every 58 minutes ^^ or a full Vana day from when you began.

Sucks huh? Go to Misareaux!
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-22 05:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, yeh i just read that... unfortunetly im very short on stones/time, so im just gunna buy the bloody sausages XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Heh, yeh i just read that... unfortunetly im very short on stones/time, so im just gunna buy the bloody sausages XD
It doesn't take hardly any time to cook them in mis if you just spam
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-22 12:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be the wrong place to ask this..but what is a good way to build fame in Abyssea? I need to start working on some of the AF3 quests but I don't think I have the Fame for them...and help would be appreciated.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-22 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
This may be the wrong place to ask this..but what is a good way to build fame in Abyssea? I need to start working on some of the AF3 quests but I don't think I have the Fame for them...and help would be appreciated.

Depends on the jobs you're looking to get pieces for. Also fame in abyssea doesn't carry over to all zones. You do a quest in 1 zone you only receive fame for just that zone.

Based on the fact you're RDM you'll probably wanna focus on Abys-Misareaux quest, "Smoke Over The Coast" which is the galkan sausage quest people have been talking about in this thread. It's tedious but easy. Just takes a lot of patience. It rewards Rdm af3 leg seals.

Besides that I recommend checking out wiki.ffxiclopedia.org for abyssea quest information. gl
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-22 13:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Depends on the jobs you're looking to get pieces for. Also fame in abyssea doesn't carry over to all zones. You do a quest in 1 zone you only receive fame for just that zone. Based on the fact you're RDM you'll probably wanna focus on Abys-Misareaux quest, "Smoke Over The Coast" which is the galkan sausage quest people have been talking about in this thread. It's tedious but easy. Just takes a lot of patience. It rewards Rdm af3 leg seals. Besides that I recommend checking out wiki.ffxiclopedia.org for abyssea quest information. gl
Thanks..I was looking at those quests and luckily for me I can mix and match for leg seals with the 7 jobs that sooner or later need to have the legs finished.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2010-09-25 03:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing the galkan sausage quest today in Abyssea Miseraux, was able to complete 8 seals for RDM, DRK, RNG and PUP. I cooked them in Abyssea on my alt character to not waste time/stones on main, spammed /item "G. Sheep Meat" <stnpc>. I'd estimate it took me around 9 stacks of cooked sausages for all seals. Btw if you happen to get aggro from the nearby clusters trade fast and they'll de-aggro.

What I noticed was that at first since I wanted to obtain the highest cruor amount only traded the g sausage +3. Where I obtained 2 seals out of one full stack, kind of tedious so I started trading them in order first the regular sausage, next the +1, next the +2, etc. Doing it this way I obtained somewhat one seal for every three trades, which made the quest a bit more tolerable. Nothing confirmed, just putting it out there to see if helps. GL
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-25 05:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

tried sausage+1 +2 and +3 multiple stacks. cooked them too in abyssea. seems absolutely random if you get one seal. the +1 gave 1 more seal (out of 4 i got from 5 stacks). other than that it sucks sausage!
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-26 05:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, outta curiosity, is there anything you can actually do with the -1 sausages, or is it simple toss em?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-26 05:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
btw, outta curiosity, is there anything you can actually do with the -1 sausages, or is it simple toss em?
Colibri food? lmao sorry

x.X Maybe it will put their stats down? XD
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2010-09-26 05:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

any quest been found for the Navarch seal: Head yet? dont have a group to do NMs with so quests is my onry option atm :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-26 06:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said:
any quest been found for the Navarch seal: Head yet? dont have a group to do NMs with so quests is my onry option atm :x
If thats the same as DRG, nope :( Not a damn thing.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-28 06:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ARggh! Is there some kind of wierd *** trick to gettin +3s all the time? Most of the time it burns on the first turn, even if i spam enter... I dont get it at all.. /sigh. No mater how fast it still burns most of the time if i go for HQs
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 06:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just use NQ...the only difference is the cruor...save your time and sausages and just spam NQ..you can't fail NQ
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-28 06:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh ive been doin that mostly, but you;d be surprised how fast +3s sell for double the price, nqs are gettin undercut alot. Im finding myself having to remove them from the AH and put them back up. Guess i might just go back to NQs -_- still gettin 10k profit a stack so cant really complain, its pretty much free money.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-08 10:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, OK. I think the ability to make +3s is ***. Theres gotta be some kinda trick other than just "spam enter" Cuz theres no way in hell i could hit enter any faster than i am, the only way would be to have a turbo button or something on a controller. Its still burning these sausages. So, there has to be a method to it. Anyone know it? Cuz its not spam spam spam.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-08 10:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
just use NQ...the only difference is the cruor...save your time and sausages and just spam NQ..you can't fail NQ

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-08 10:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, ***. Im not using it for the quest. IF you arent gunna answer me properly, stfu.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-08 11:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Hey, ***. Im not using it for the quest. IF you arent gunna answer me properly, stfu.

Then why post in this thread? "***"
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-08 12:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The way you make +3 sausage is by overcooking it 3 times, and "spamming enter" is the fastest way to get through the menus. The speed at which you press enter has no impact on your success, there is simply a chance that the sausage will burn every time you try to overcook it. Out of 6 stacks of sheep meat I was making 2 stacks of +3 sausage.

Burning the sausage on the +1 or +2 attempts will yield a -1 sausage. Burning on the +3 attempt yields nothing.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-08 13:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Then why post in this thread? "***"
If you read the rest of the posts through the last page or so, you will see how to cook the +3s has been the topic. Instead of making a whole new thread, its easier to ask here and talk about it here.
[+]
By Drkside 2010-10-13 18:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

May have been on here but too lazy to go back and check, is there rly an npc who u can trade seals to so other players can buy em w/ resistance credits?
By Drkside 2010-10-13 18:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

o yea, and if so who the hell is it in each zone?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8