Anyone Know The Current ToD On Shikigami Weapon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Anyone know the current ToD on Shikigami Weapon?
Anyone know the current ToD on Shikigami Weapon?
 Sylph.Coralina
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Krisan
By Sylph.Coralina 2010-09-11 05:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I just spent a stupidly huge amount of time yesterday camping this guy under a (quite mistaken) assumption that I knew his current ToD (I pretty stubbornly waited it out after the presumed window closed, and an hour or two quickly became twelve). I honestly would like to avoid sitting in Ro'maeve the rest of my life and considering his only drop is a Rare EX item I'm going to guess that not many non-summoners are going to be too overly inclined to keep this a secret.. So yea, does anyone have a Time of Death on this guy? It'd really be appreciated so that I don't have to go another sleepless night and painfully long day to the point I pass out (and thus, miss it at the last possible time window) waiting on this dumb thing to pop.

I know some might see this and think "What non-summoner would know the ToD?" and to that I answer.. Quite a few people. Ro'meave has become quite the hot spot for Arcana trials.. Someone was bound to have spotted the darn thing when it was attacked.. Or geez, someone might have even aggroed it accidentally and killed it.. The fact I see 10-25 people always there tells me anything could happen.

At the moment I can only presume it popped sometime between 7PM-3AM last night.. but I can't really be sure (it could have honestly been killed right before I started camping, as unlikely as I think that is) and that's still a fairly large window to camp. (plus I have a few LS events strewn out over the next few days, so I can't just sit my *** down in Ro'maeve whenever like that again for awhile anyway. least of which to mention having a life otherwise, but eh, doesn't everyone?)

If a SMN killed him last night and didn't get the robe and sees this, feel free to keep a lid on it until you kill it next (or whenever) and do get the robe.. but please, when you actually do get the darn thing, share the ToD would you? It's bad enough if it doesn't drop, it's much worse wasting away without even knowing when the NM is going to be available for it then not to drop anything. ~_~
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-11 05:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Coralina said:
Honestly, I just spent a stupidly huge amount of time yesterday camping this guy under a (quite mistaken) assumption that I knew his current ToD (I pretty stubbornly waited it out after the presumed window closed, and an hour or two quickly became twelve). I honestly would like to avoid sitting in Ro'maeve the rest of my life and considering his only drop is a Rare EX item I'm going to guess that not many non-summoners are going to be too overly inclined to keep this a secret.. So yea, does anyone have a Time of Death on this guy? It'd really be appreciated so that I don't have to go another sleepless night and painfully long day to the point I pass out (and thus, miss it at the last possible time window) waiting on this dumb thing to pop.

I know some might see this and think "What non-summoner would know the ToD?" and to that I answer.. Quite a few people. Ro'meave has become quite the hot spot for Arcana trials.. Someone was bound to have spotted the darn thing when it was attacked.. Or geez, someone might have even aggroed it accidentally and killed it.. The fact I see 10-25 people always there tells me anything could happen.

At the moment I can only presume it popped sometime between 7PM-3AM last night.. but I can't really be sure (it could have honestly been killed right before I started camping, as unlikely as I think that is) and that's still a fairly large window to camp. (plus I have a few LS events strewn out over the next few days, so I can't just sit my *** down in Ro'maeve whenever like that again for awhile anyway. least of which to mention having a life otherwise, but eh, doesn't everyone?)

If a SMN killed him last night and didn't get the robe and sees this, feel free to keep a lid on it until you kill it next (or whenever) and do get the robe.. but please, when you actually do get the darn thing, share the ToD would you? It's bad enough if it doesn't drop, it's much worse wasting away without even knowing when the NM is going to be available for it then not to drop anything. ~_~

I wish you much luck getting the ToD for Shiki. Personally. As a 80 SMN. Which I've had half a year now, I've never gotten even close to getting the robe. With the overflow of SMN's from the days of AB everyone and their grandmother has SMN leveled to atleast 75 so the odds of actually getting the claim on the NM in a zone where people are doing trials for gear is very very unlikely. All I can say is hope for the best. (P.S. YYR isn't a must-have for SMN's, there are other peices that you can get to fill the gap.)

Edit:

Thought I'd throw some of the items out there.

Vermillion Cloak
Wivre Hairpin from Abyssea-Konschtat
Pluviale
Caller's Horn +1 (Try to take this to +2 if possible)
Chyrsopoeia Torque (Not 100% how to activate latent effect yet, but eventually we'll know.)
Oh, and /RDM (Refresh) or /SCH (Sublimation).
 Sylph.Coralina
By Sylph.Coralina 2010-09-11 06:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I was just planning on getting the CP Robe with some SMN-specific augments.. That was what I wanted to do all along, but a friend of mine kinda convinced me to give camping it a shot yesterday. (We seemed to have a good idea of the ToD.. seemed being the key word..) After the travesty and gigantic sink hole that was, I'm just a little leery of writing off the time investment already spent in camping for it only to go back to my original plan..

Oh, also I have a Vermy already (lack of a headpiece kinda limits its usefulness).. Somehow missed that hairpin though, which saddens me a little as it's a bit too late to add it to my LS wishlist.. And Pluviale doesn't seem to have any info on it at all as to where it is obtained? The Caller set I'm definitely getting at some point.. In fact it's probably more likely I'd get the full Caller's set before this silly robe.. but again, I'm leery of dropping my current time investment in this just because there are alternatives..
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-09-11 08:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well since the ToM things everyone goes to Ro'Maeve to kill the weapons its sorta impossible because theres 2 days they go to kill them.
i went after server maint. and still didnt get it because there were people there killing the weapons. so if i were you i would either wait it out or hope you can go for a good refresh body piece :(
 Sylph.Coralina
By Sylph.Coralina 2010-09-11 09:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what it seems, yea. There's always at least 10 (usually 20+) people in that zone, which while might not sound like a lot.. it's really a very small zone. Honestly I think actually claiming it isn't going to be any kind of problem compared to figuring out when it pops, as it is I have no idea when it died last so I can't even make an effort toward the claim.

I may yet relent to my previous plans of going full add-on armor with SMN augments.. elsewise the only thought in my mind would be to hold out until AF3.. And I don't care for that idea, because there aren't a ton of Summoner specific armor pieces right now (AF2 isn't likely going to happen for me I know that much) and upgrading to armor that affects the class in a meaningful way is difficult.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-11 10:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Coralina said:
That's what it seems, yea. There's always at least 10 (usually 20+) people in that zone, which while might not sound like a lot.. it's really a very small zone. Honestly I think actually claiming it isn't going to be any kind of problem compared to figuring out when it pops, as it is I have no idea when it died last so I can't even make an effort toward the claim.

I may yet relent to my previous plans of going full add-on armor with SMN augments.. elsewise the only thought in my mind would be to hold out until AF3.. And I don't care for that idea, because there aren't a ton of Summoner specific armor pieces right now (AF2 isn't likely going to happen for me I know that much) and upgrading to armor that affects the class in a meaningful way is difficult.

That Wivre Hairpin is dropped from Gold Pyrexis in Kons. Abyssea. pair that with Avatar perp - w/ pet MAB MACC aug from ACP. Summoner's Bracer's aren't that hard to get, just get into a Dyna shell rarely anyone I know actually take the gloves most drop to the ground.
 Sylph.Coralina
By Sylph.Coralina 2010-09-11 11:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The ACP piece was what I was planning on, yea. Today was the first I ever heard of that hairpin so I'mma look into that.. The bracers I don't know about, Dyna isn't doing too well on Sylph from what I can tell.. The one Dyna shell I'm in at the moment isn't anyway.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By ranma6899 2010-10-31 05:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

before i lost my account i helped people ,i miss that at times . i had stop playing a month try to log in my password was changed ,so i tryed agai same thing commuicated with se i told my info ,they told me that doesnt match whats on the account even my credit card was changed ,so i wouldnt get charged i reported my credit card lost so i got new one .who ever got left my main on gilmesh i been watching the auction se never sent me form to prove it . i loged in old account try freeze my old the other account ,but they frroze my other chacter so i given up .who ever got has se help.
By ranma6899 2010-10-31 05:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ask your linkshell to help mine did ,my bestfriend finalthlon to bad though he on diablios server one best jap players i meet very helpful to