Forum » FFXI » General » Curious...Anyone know anything previously EP that
Curious...Anyone know anything previously EP that
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-09-09 19:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering really. last update when it was increased to level 80, nothing that used to be Easy Prey at 75 became Too Weak at 80. would be kinda nice for Trials if this was the case again.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-09 19:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Just wondering really. last update when it was increased to level 80, nothing that used to be Easy Prey at 75 became Too Weak at 80. would be kinda nice for Trials if this was the case again.

I'd say check out Robber Crabs. If they still aggro you, then it's probably the same as the last update.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-09-09 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any 85s yet :P
 Gilgamesh.Yukichibi
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yukichibi
By Gilgamesh.Yukichibi 2010-09-09 21:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they intend to change this, trial purpose i think.
If you look the exp table you can see the least the EP at 75 gave us 30xp, for a lvl 80 it's 23.
At lvl 99 will it be 1xp ?

Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-09 21:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was traditionally based on level difference (between what cons as EP, and which EPs will aggro and which wouldn't.)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Check

The magic number used to be 19 levels back at level 75--meaning level 56 mob targets were the bottom level of EP, and level 60 mobs, if aggressive would aggro/level 59 would not, even if normally aggressive.

It was using this formula (-19 levels at 75, -7 at level 1) that allowed ffxiclopedia to flesh out the "maximum level" part of the FOV chart...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Manual

...because you could still sign up for FOV trials even if you were way over the "suggested range level", but mobs have to give exp in order to complete the trials (i.e. be at least EP.)

I don't know how this works post-update 76 to 85, but it would likely be the same.