Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 16:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, so I've just finished the 85 uncap cutscene, and ...

Looking back on this update so far, is it just me, or were the crew at SE smoking some seriously good weed the past few weeks?

First, there's the new moogle that speaks in Spanish, Japanese and English. Then, there's Horst, the new NPC next to Joachim, who teleports you to the maws -- and asks you to "Make it so" or "Make it no" (lol)

This stuff is just silly. But then, there's the 85 uncap CS.

If you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it for you. Just...wow. I feel like I should warn you somehow. You're in for a treat.

I don't ever want to hear the words "Brown Mage" again. o_O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-09 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to post in the wrong forum lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 16:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm.

I blame the CS. It has addled my brain.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

whut
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory rate-downs for providing an alternate perspective, but maybe SE knows FFXI will die when FFXIV is released? I wouldn't be surprised if FFXI's total population is halved or more, since the only people that don't want to play it are the people that know their computers can't play it.

So they have a smaller team working on FFXI since (Obviously) FFXIV is in crunch time and that's an 18-hour-a-day work shift for anyone involved. Just using more resources for FFXIV rather than FFXI cutscenes which are easy to patch in the future.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 18:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
since the only people that don't want to play it are the people that know their computers can't play it.

And the people that know it sucks
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

uhhh I could play it on my ps3, I am strongly clinging to the fact that it's going to suck... maybe after a year of updates it'll pick up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

do you think that the ps3 sales will raise with the release of ffxiv?
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: The only company that believes with great poopage comes great power!
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Obligatory rate-downs for providing an alternate perspective, but maybe SE knows FFXI will die when FFXIV is released? I wouldn't be surprised if FFXI's total population is halved or more, since the only people that don't want to play it are the people that know their computers can't play it.

So they have a smaller team working on FFXI since (Obviously) FFXIV is in crunch time and that's an 18-hour-a-day work shift for anyone involved. Just using more resources for FFXIV rather than FFXI cutscenes which are easy to patch in the future.
I have a computer that can play it, I just find that it's really not that entertaining. For me the only thing it has going for it is that it's new, and given a newer look to it, but I still find FFXI much more fun. IF FFXI were to die out, I would still avoid FFXIV and just find another way to kill my time.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think when we say it sucks we mean the gameplay, not if the game is broken... it's a well known fact the game is brixed all over the place...
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The raw potential from XIV is enough to justify playing it.

And I'd prefer to be a part of the scene right from the beginning than half way through, when people already have high-end ***.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's kind of pointless to try to convince people in an obviously biased forum to play a different game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).

lol wtf kind of analogy is that..."Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta..." so seriously you'd pay for a game that has so many bugs, one of which you can automatically kill yourself with? lol The game itself is vastly different, in the way you fight..you level..do quests..its DIFFERENT. Not so much better, just different. I personally don't like what I'm hearing out of the BETA people about 14 whatsoever. Crafting sounds shitty, they sound like seperate jobs (lulwat....). Leveling sounds strange as you have a physical lvl and job level (go tactics MMO..?)... So its just different not necessarily "better"
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
I think when we say it sucks we mean the gameplay, not if the game is broken... it's a well known fact the game is brixed all over the place...

Not really. Either the game had a ma-hussive overall between phase 2 and 3, or people were majorly over exaggerating. The only issue I get is occasional crashes. (Which I also got in XI)
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:

lol wtf kind of analogy is that..."Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta..." so seriously you'd pay for a game that has so many bugs, one of which you can automatically kill yourself with? lol The game itself is vastly different, in the way you fight..you level..do quests..its DIFFERENT. Not so much better, just different. I personally don't like what I'm hearing out of the BETA people about 14 whatsoever. Crafting sounds shitty, they sound like seperate jobs (lulwat....). Leveling sounds strange as you have a physical lvl and job level (go tactics MMO..?)... So its just different not necessarily "better"

I don't even know what to say about your claim that the crafting is better in XI. I'm utterly speechless. there are a lot of things in XI that are currently better than XIV, but crafting is definitely not one of those.
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I guess it's kind of pointless to try to convince people in an obviously biased forum to play a different game.
The same could be said about trying to defend why we prefer to play FFXI to people who are biased to FFXIV.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
The same could be said about trying to defend why we prefer to play FFXI to people who are biased to FFXIV.

I suppose that analogy would work if we were in a primary XIV forum.

Seeing as this is a forum primarily for XI, trying to talk about XIV is basically pointless unless we do so in a thread specifically allotted to XIV.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-09-09 18:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

Either the game had a ma-hussive overall

Lol, you should've used Eternius' avatar when you said that. <3 Scrubs.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not saying it shouldn't be played. I'm not saying it sucks. I'm simply saying that of the currently 30ish people on Trabia server in the beta, roughly 0 of them care to play FFXI after getting into the beta. And those that do, only log out to do some sort of endgame event in FFXI. Even purely speaking from a logical standpoint without taking either game's quality into perspective, that's 90%+ of the beta's population that would rather play the broken beta than play FFXIV. And that speaks pretty strongly, considering the game itself will be much better.
[+]
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I suppose that analogy would work if we were in a primary XIV forum.

Seeing as this is a forum primarily for XI, trying to talk about XIV is basically pointless unless we do so in a thread specifically allotted to XIV.
Was not saying the forum in general, but all of the people who are like "OMG FFXIV IS 100 TIMES BETTER! FFXI IS DYING! ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY XIV ARE THOSE WHO CAN'T RUN IT" I find XI fun enough, have seen testing for XIV first hand, and unless they change a lot in the next few weeks, I don't see a reason for me personally to leave XI.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
I don't even know what to say about your claim that the crafting is better in XI. I'm utterly speechless. there are a lot of things in XI that are currently better than XIV, but crafting is definitely not one of those.

where did i say 11's was better? anywhere in that....seriously.... I dont even know exactly how the crafting works in 14 but i heard its horrible and it does seems like they ARE seperate jobs per craft..which is odd
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
it does seems like they ARE seperate jobs per craft
That's because they are.

What makes it odd? The fact that it's not what FFXI does? Anyone who has even attempted it will tell you it's a lot less frustrating than FFXI's purely luck-based crafting skillups, for a craft that will probably net you no profit after months anyway.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

where did i say 11's was better? anywhere in that....seriously.... I dont even know exactly how the crafting works in 14 but i heard its horrible and it does seems like they ARE seperate jobs per craft..which is odd

I wouldn't say it's odd really. It makes no difference what so ever. It just means that instead of being a WAR crafting, you're an (x job) crafting. It makes it easier to manage levels, and you also get abilities that help crafting the higher level you get.

It's also far more interactive, and makes it possible to aim for +1's instead of it being entirely about luck.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 18:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST STOP PLAYING THIS DUM GAME DAT CRAZHES N PLAY WOW!
/TROLL
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

again...where did i say it was better? never did and ya just kinda jumped on me mate...wth lol..

Idk how you really lvl in 14, except the fact that you have job levels and a seperate physical level, it just seems kind of an odd system (i've heard complaints about it in the beta threads)....
Siren.Enternius said:
That's because they are.

What makes it odd? The fact that it's not what FFXI does? Anyone who has even attempted it will tell you it's a lot less frustrating than FFXI's purely luck-based crafting skillups, for a craft that will probably net you no profit after months anyway.

will net you no profit in a few months...... well thats because XI's economy is player driven and the game is so old, crafting (to a degree) is somewhat of a dead art...that argument is 100% moot here, because the only reason you're gonna profit like that in 14 atm, is because its all new, and will have much more new content.... somebody on my server sold a NQ Grim Cuirass for 30m.... ya..crafting is still profitable in XI so idk wtf you're going on about there
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
again...where did i say it was better? never did and ya just kinda jumped on me mate...wth lol..

Idk how you really lvl in 14, except the fact that you have job levels and a seperate physical level, it just seems kind of an odd system (i've heard complaints about it in the beta threads)....
Siren.Enternius said:
That's because they are.

will net you no profit in a few months...... well thats because XI's economy is player driven and the game is so old, crafting (to a degree) is somewhat of a dead art...that argument is 100% moot here, because the only reason you're gonna profit like that in 14 atm, is because its all new, and will have much more new content.... somebody on my server sold a NQ Grim Cuirass for 30m.... ya..crafting is still profitable in XI so idk wtf you're going on about there

You need crafters to full repair gear, crafters will always have something to do.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi ffxiv different game play.
so far I don't like what I've herd of it, now days games are sucking hardcore, why is ffxiv going to be any different? I see a mayor focus on the graphics AND tbh lol it has so many things of aion, and aion was a mayor failure.

I bet after lunch it will loose a lot of players eventually lol like aion did, even the graphics look like aion.

*** fail.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 18:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Siren.Enternius said:
That's because they are.

You need crafters to full repair gear, crafters will always have something to do.
I need some more dern Warp Cudgels dernit.
Phoenix.Darki said:
ffxi ffxiv different game play.
so far I don't like what I've herd of it, now days games are sucking hardcore, why is ffxiv going to be any different? I see a mayor focus on the graphics AND tbh lol it has so many things of aion, and aion was a mayor failure.

I bet after lunch it will loose a lot of players eventually lol like aion did, even the graphics look like aion.

*** fail.
just play some old fashioned d&d.
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15