Version Update Preview (07/09/2010)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Version Update Preview (07/09/2010)
Version Update Preview (07/09/2010)
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-07 03:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the plethora of job-related adjustments and additions already announced, the upcoming version update will usher in a broad spectrum of other refinements. Players can look forward to improvements in areas such as search comments, Walk of Echoes, Abyssea, and the quest Inside the Belly.

Search Comment

Trial of the Magians will be added as a new search comment category, allowing Magian trial parties to be formed with greater ease.

Walk of Echoes

Considerable changes will be applied to the Walk of Echoes, making it more accessible and rewarding than before.
- The time limit for battlefields will be extended, and monster behavior adjusted.
- The method of performance evaluation will be revised.
- The conditions for receiving the right to cast lots on victory spoils will be alleviated.

Inside the Belly

The variety of fishes applicable to the Inside the Belly quest will be expanded, allowing for new items to be obtained.

Abyssea

Abyssean monsters will yield greater amounts of cruor, a phenomenon theorized by scientists as a potential side effect of the perpetually crimson sky. Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils.

The new NPC "Horst" will be posted in Port Jeuno. Adventurers may request Horst to instantaneously teleport them to any Cavernous Maw leading to an Abyssea area they have previously visited.

*"Vision of Abyssea" and "Scars of Abyssea" require the "Rise of the Zilart" and "Wings of the Goddess" expansions to be installed and registered.
*The game data for "Scars of Abyssea" will be distributed via the FINAL FANTASY XI version update scheduled for Thursday, September 8, 2010.

Besides the above, many more additions and refinements are in the works. All the juicy details can be perused upon the release of the September version update!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-07 03:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils.
Gold chest items problem...solved?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-07 03:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah beat me to it Mitchel, gj tho, 1st thing came to mind when I saw this tbh was cheaper chocobos come the mad rush for xp next update, as well saving a bit of time always nice. I also submitted a suggestion telling them to auto translate trials or trial of the magians, I guess adding it as a seacom colour is just as good.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-09-07 03:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how it says thursday september the 8th >.> that is wed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-07 03:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Snooze you lose Krsone :)
Glad they're sorting out WoE, the one time i did try it out it was pretty good. Unfortunately it's either dead or monopolised by larger shells who can clear it.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-07 03:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Abyssean monsters will yield greater amounts of cruor, a phenomenon theorized by scientists as a potential side effect of the perpetually crimson sky.

Wonder why they're doing this. I have way too much cruor as it is. Guess this is for the more casual people who don't exp in Abyssea, or for more incentive to get that primeval brew?
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils.
Gold chest items problem...solved?

I don't think totally, since it says 'option to place items', not mandatory. It does help though, I'll say that much.

Quote:
The new NPC "Horst" will be posted in Port Jeuno. Adventurers may request Horst to instantaneously teleport them to any Cavernous Maw leading to an Abyssea area they have previously visited.

For the most part, woo to this.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-07 03:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We really needed more inv space this update, always at 78ish/80 as blm now thats with carrying 1 food over at a time from satchel, 1 obi at a time, 1 stack of each type of seals, 1 ls and rest is all gear minus elemental skill gear which usually in satchel unless an nm rly resistant. All my inv gets used and cant be satchel'd... or it would of made getting it pointless.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-07 04:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wonder why they're doing this. I have way too much cruor as it is. Guess this is for the more casual people who don't exp in Abyssea, or for more incentive to get that primeval brew?

Could be for the brew, or it might be that we need alot of cruor to purchase the new base armour pieces from NPCs? Just speculation though.

Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-07 04:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Considerable changes will be applied to the Walk of Echoes, making it more accessible and rewarding than before.
- The time limit for battlefields will be extended, and monster behavior adjusted.
- The conditions for receiving the right to cast lots on victory spoils will be alleviated.

Nice now farming coins low-man will be easier.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-07 04:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Nice now farming coins low-man will be easier.

5 level would have been enough tu put woe from the "impossible to farm state" to "pisspoor easy". Look at AV. That's what you get for playing in easy mode.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-07 04:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I guess I'll set my HP in Jeuno now, and if I need to OP anywhere, I'll use Horst to get to La Theine, then run up to Ronfaure OP, win!

I like the pyxide treasure pool thing too. It won't help for the dishonest people on chests that will take w/e they want, but for LS exp parties and such, it's a great addition to dispense any good items without people having to stop fighting.

Now if only they'd let us buy forbidden keys by the stack.
[+]
 Bahamut.Moehre
Server: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-09-07 04:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

That would be one of the most useful updates... <.<
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-07 04:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

Man, even if it was something ridiculous like:

Forbidden Key x1: 500 cruor
Forbidden Key x12: 10,000 cruor

I'd still wanna buy them by the stack, because I'm sick and tired of sitting there all day spamming keys. ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-09-07 04:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Odin.Blazza said:

Man, even if it was something ridiculous like:

Forbidden Key x1: 500 cruor
Forbidden Key x12: 10,000 cruor

I'd still wanna buy them by the stack, because I'm sick and tired of sitting there all day spamming keys. ; ;

But dude, you need to save up for the Jesus Juice.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-07 04:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like a good update so far, going to be interesting to see what they do with walk of echos. curious if they will add anything else before thursday.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
Server: Cerberus
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2010-09-07 04:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
The method of performance evaluation will be revised. - The conditions for receiving the right to cast lots on victory spoils will be alleviated.

^^
WIN
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-07 04:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dierdren said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:
The method of performance evaluation will be revised. - The conditions for receiving the right to cast lots on victory spoils will be alleviated.

^^
WIN
Even though I've never actually really done WoE, I kinda disagree... This just means lazy *** that don't do anything can steal all the good loot <_<
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-09-07 04:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The lazy *** will take advantage of it yes, but i am happy for the mages and bards doing their thing and getting a chance to lot also.Not just the melee spamming ws.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-07 04:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's very true too. I assume that all the jobs that suck for exp in campaign also struggle to get drops in WoE, which as you say is pretty unfair.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-09-07 04:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Another good thing is if you are a ls there and you have a few leechers doing nothing, with this new everyone can lot system everyone in your ls vs a few leechers.

Most if not all of the drops ive seen/gotten in woe are non r/ex so your ls could distribute them afterwards unless the leechs get lucky.
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2010-09-07 05:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lookin good so far. Wonder if they made it so the amount of stones you have is vis
able. Think they said they were lookin to do that.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-07 05:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

While i hate it when jackasses who don't listen come in and mass leech Walk of Echos.... linkshell who do walk of echos should at the very least be smart enough to know that they're doing an event that anyone can join at any time that they'll deal with the occasional twatwaffle x.x, anything else is delusional.

Also, I'm loving this update so far.

Everything outside of the insult that was DW1 at level 83 of course.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-07 05:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Bah beat me to it Mitchel, gj tho, 1st thing came to mind when I saw this tbh was cheaper chocobos come the mad rush for xp next update, as well saving a bit of time always nice. I also submitted a suggestion telling them to auto translate trials or trial of the magians, I guess adding it as a seacom colour is just as good.

You can put "Magian Trial Log" in your seacom already >.>

so "Magian Trial Log <#> Do you need it? Can I have it? Team up? Ok! Invite to join party"

or something along those lines work just fine >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-07 05:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

W00t. New fish to turn in for inside the belly! Wonder if there will be anything good
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 06:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not see "The amount of merits you can store has been risen to 20"

I am dissapoint.
 Odin.Takahishy
user: Taki
By Odin.Takahishy 2010-09-07 06:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Horst~
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 06:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Inside the Belly

The variety of fishes applicable to the Inside the Belly quest will be expanded, allowing for new items to be obtained.

More Mercurial weapons?!

Lol the girl fishing looks like she just caught her hook on an airship.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-07 06:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Dierdren said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:

^^
WIN
Even though I've never actually really done WoE, I kinda disagree... This just means lazy *** that don't do anything can steal all the good loot <_<

Campaign?
Also, my LS does WoE weekly, it's a pain to kill myself to get top 5 to get shitty synth items for the LS and no coins.:/
Make coins/bag non exclusive like alex coin purses...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-07 06:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Inside the Belly The variety of fishes applicable to the Inside the Belly quest will be expanded, allowing for new items to be obtained.
More Mercurial weapons?!

Lol the girl fishing looks like she just caught her hook on an airship.
Doubtful. Last one added lots of crap and some new ways to get elemental ore. But maybe they will but better since magian is kinda outdating alot of Merc weapons... inb4 1% turn in rate on matsya
By Lynxblade 2010-09-07 06:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Inside the Belly The variety of fishes applicable to the Inside the Belly quest will be expanded, allowing for new items to be obtained.
More Mercurial weapons?! Lol the girl fishing looks like she just caught her hook on an airship.
Doubtful. Last one added lots of crap and some new ways to get elemental ore. But maybe they will but better since magian is kinda outdating alot of Merc weapons... inb4 1% turn in rate on matsya
Woohoo, I like fishing in game, maybee we can get something usefull this time From the quest, *crosses fingers*
First Page 2 3