Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-08 16:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Why can't I reply to any posts?

Over ongoing concern for user POL account safety, we have written new home-grown board software. For the safety of our users and to prevent malicious spam or browser exploits, you are now required to have a registered and verified character to post.

2. I can't see any price histories! Most of the site fails to load for me.

Make sure your browser has Javascript enabled. Also make sure you're not running any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs that disable all scripting on webpages.

3. I set my displayed transaction count to ____ in my player settings, but I still see 255. Why?

You will always see 255 of your own linked characters' price histories. Every other user, or users who are not logged in, will see whatever count you have set it to.

4. How do I get my equipment and jobs, quests, etc info to show up in my profile?
5. My profile data stopped updating! What's wrong?

I've posted a detailed explanation of the profile scanning system and troubleshooting tips here.

6. Help! I forgot my password and the email I provided doesn't work anymore!

This is a tricky situation. You can email us at ffxiah@gmail.com and we will try to verify that you are the owner of the account, and then reset your email and password for you.

7. I've moved servers, or restored an old character from somewhere else. What should I do?

Update 2010-03-23: If you have merged servers with another, there is no need to unlink your character or do anything beyond verifying your new character on your new server, and setting that character to be your default. Unlinking your old character will result in losing the association with your old PM's, comments, etc, so it is not advised.

8. If I transferred servers, can I transfer all my old transaction history too?

No. The buy/sell records from your previous server will still exist in that server's auction house history. Allowing you to transfer the old transaction history would compromise the integrity of the economic data on your new server, seeing as you never actually made the transactions there. However, no new data will be collected on your old server once you switch. Transactions on the new server should begin recording like normal.

9. How do I report a new relic?

Send a private message to one of the site administrators (Scragg or Jaerik) with server name, character name, and relic type, and we will add it to the list.

Recently, the number of relic reports has grown exponentially. Please be patient, as all relics must still be entered into our database by hand and the backlog of pending requests can be quite lengthy.

10. How do I embed my equipment or profile info on another site?

The script syntax is:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.ffxiah.com/widget.php?q=equip&server=Lakshmi&name=Jaerik"></script>

Replace the character and server with your own, of course. There is also a profile widget accessible by setting q=profile, but it's still under development.

11. Why does ffxiah.com lose track of my selected server on occasion?

If someone links you directly to a particular item or character on a server that is different than your own, your saved server cookie can sometimes end up pointing there instead. We're working on fixing this.

12. The economic index on my server suddenly jumped up or down by some absurd number. What happened?

While this hasn't happened for awhile, there seems to be an occasional mathematical bug in the calculation which can cause the economic index on a server to suddenly spike in either direction. It will usually correct itself by the next day.