Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Mouse Lag Fix
FFXIV Mouse Lag Fix
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Diablokiller
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Diablokiller 2010-09-08 04:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get the error because you're dumb like me and didn't backup the game, try taking ffxivgame.exe out of the folder, running the patch installer, and then replacing it after it finishes. Somehow worked for me.
[+]
By enkaze 2010-09-08 09:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

could you make a new unpatcher?
By landowner 2010-09-08 13:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome, this takes care of one of the major flaws! Bravo, Cliff, I hope you can carry this project over to release if it doesn't include hardware mouse.
By LunaticWoda 2010-09-08 15:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff this is EPIC keep it up man! And if your ever in my neck of the woods (chandler AZ) hit me up as I owe you a beer for making the game playable
By enkaze 2010-09-08 20:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

my game crashes everytime i press a button on keyboard :(
have to play with gamepad, and i cant type in game lol
if you can make a new unpatcher for the current version of ffxiv that would be awesome
By enkaze 2010-09-08 21:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i found this, fixed the problem thanks!
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cliff said:
Updated patcher for 2010.09.07.2001.
The normal .exe as of today's patch in case someone doesn't back it up before applying the mouse fix.
http://tehkrizz.net/Gaming/FFXIV/ffxivgame.exe
[+]
 Odin.Luthe
Server: Odin
user: utoxin
By Odin.Luthe 2010-09-09 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

enkaze said:
my game crashes everytime i press a button on keyboard :(
have to play with gamepad, and i cant type in game lol
if you can make a new unpatcher for the current version of ffxiv that would be awesome

Hmmm. I started seeing this after the last patch too. Didn't think anything of it last night... have you tried reverting to your backup? You backed up, right?

Update: My wife just tested, and reverting the hardware mouse patch fixed the crash.
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2010-09-09 19:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool Thanks so much for this Patch! I did get the error on the update just now but, grabbed my copy out and replaced the "broken" one and BAM, DL and install done and ready to rock. \m/
By DeusExMachina 2010-09-09 21:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to say thanks Cliff for providing this!

New patch today (well, two) so I'll be checking back to see if you've updated the mouse patcher.

Again, the game would be completely unplayable without this. I'm kind of dreading playing it right now knowing it'll be software mouse. :(
[+]
By Quicksand 2010-09-09 21:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure DeusM, I was about to give up on it until this mouse patch, games perfect now :)
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-09 21:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah without it, it's almost unplayable, at the very least so unenjoyable that it's not fun to play. Thanks again Cliff.
 Fairy.Haart
Server: Fairy
user: Haart
By Fairy.Haart 2010-09-10 02:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So...
After yesterday's patch I replaced the .exe with my backup and the game gave me an error still.

So...
I uninstalled and reinstalled FFXIV and started the game. Next, I exited and made a backup of the .exe again and inserted the mouse-patch. I can't get past the PLAY button. It tells me FFXIV has encountered a problem and shuts down. I replaced the .exe with my bakcup and it starts up fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

On a side topic....this game seems to be a big disappointment. Too many lag delays in combat where I can't do anything but watch myself die. And, for the first time in an MMO I actually found myself running around trying to explore and literally falling asleep at the keyboard.....and I've been a fan of FF since the first FF on the Nintendo. The cinematics and storyline seem really great as I would expect from FF, but the gameplay is horrible. It's actually slower then FFXI's gameplay which I didn't think was possible. They'd have been better off making this a turn-based MMO. This replaces FFX-2 as the worst experience so far.

I'm still "forcing" myself to play hoping some miracle will turn things around as I'm really drawn in by the intro storyline. However, after about 15 minutes I find myself preferring to watch Sex In The City with my g/f. Good job SE. You managed to find a cure for my addiction to MMO's.

Cliff, make another patch that makes this game not suck. You're our only hope.
 Lakshmi.Galathea
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-10 03:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Haart said:
I can't get past the PLAY button. It tells me FFXIV has encountered a problem and shuts down. I replaced the .exe with my backup and it starts up fine.
I'm crashing at the PLAY button also, but it doesn't give me an error, it just closes.
Even after rebooting, after clikcing Play, it shows the spinning blue loading icon and just goes back to a normal arrow.
64bit 7 ftw

edit: Replaced the original ffxivgame.exe and it loads, but no mouse fix yet (of course). Please help :P
By DAOWAce 2010-09-10 04:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While you're waiting for a fix you may want to use this in the meantime: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/14547-new-windower-now-with-hardware-mouse-v031-update/

Uses the Windows cursor, not the actual ingame hardware mouse.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 07:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Backup copies of the ffxivgame.exe file:

Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2010-09-10 11:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
Fairy.Haart said:
I can't get past the PLAY button. It tells me FFXIV has encountered a problem and shuts down. I replaced the .exe with my backup and it starts up fine.
I'm crashing at the PLAY button also, but it doesn't give me an error, it just closes. Even after rebooting, after clikcing Play, it shows the spinning blue loading icon and just goes back to a normal arrow. 64bit 7 ftw edit: Replaced the original ffxivgame.exe and it loads, but no mouse fix yet (of course). Please help :P

I had this problem too. But, I replaced my updated verison with the old, re did the DL for the update. Had to wait till this morning to try it as server had maintence last night but, I installed it and it's working just fine.
By dustycoder 2010-09-10 17:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
Fairy.Haart said:
I'm crashing at the PLAY button also, but it doesn't give me an error, it just closes.
Even after rebooting, after clikcing Play, it shows the spinning blue loading icon and just goes back to a normal arrow.
64bit 7 ftw

edit: Replaced the original ffxivgame.exe and it loads, but no mouse fix yet (of course). Please help :P

Same thing. Windows 7 64bit. After clicking "Play" the cursor just spins a bit and then nothing happens. If I replace with my backup the game plays fine, but no mouse fix.
By dustycoder 2010-09-10 20:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what value should be set for debug_hardware_cursor (assuming thats the field that needs to be set)? I see three null octets after it. But I also see debug_software_cursor with three null octets. And is it the octets before or after it that sets the value?
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-10 20:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated for 2010.09.09.2000. Was in a meeting.

-cliff
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-10 20:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who are having problems: you gotta make sure that you actually have the latest version and that you're actually using the latest patcher. You can see when you open the patcher which version it's designed for.

If you're experiencing crashes I suggest trying to first download one of the backups that have been uploaded by other people, and then patching that.

I'm not going to personally upload ffxigame.exe binaries because it's illegal and I don't want to be sued. (I doubt anyone will be, but as I work for a competitor I'm personally respecting their copyright)

If that still doesn't work for you -- sorry. If there's an actual bug, it's probably the reason why SE hasn't released the feature yet.

-cliff
By NapoleonMikey 2010-09-10 23:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update Cliff. Your work is greatly appreciated.
By Flionheart 2010-09-10 23:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks once again cliff.

Also thanks for giving me years of entertainment with Guild Wars :D
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-11 03:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

Totally wasn't me, but I hope you like Guild Wars 2 :)

-cliff
By DeusExMachina 2010-09-11 12:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

New update, but its for the boot version. Patcher still works.
By Flionheart 2010-09-11 12:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
Flionheart said:

Totally wasn't me, but I hope you like Guild Wars 2 :)

-cliff

Both it and Final Fantasy XIV are my most anticipated games lol. I'm just hoping they'll be playable together because it's going to be hard to choose which one I want to play -_-

From what I've heard GW2 is going to be game of the year :D and I can't wait, kudos to you ^^
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-11 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Haart said:
So...
After yesterday's patch I replaced the .exe with my backup and the game gave me an error still.

So...
I uninstalled and reinstalled FFXIV and started the game. Next, I exited and made a backup of the .exe again and inserted the mouse-patch. I can't get past the PLAY button. It tells me FFXIV has encountered a problem and shuts down. I replaced the .exe with my bakcup and it starts up fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

On a side topic....this game seems to be a big disappointment. Too many lag delays in combat where I can't do anything but watch myself die. And, for the first time in an MMO I actually found myself running around trying to explore and literally falling asleep at the keyboard.....and I've been a fan of FF since the first FF on the Nintendo. The cinematics and storyline seem really great as I would expect from FF, but the gameplay is horrible. It's actually slower then FFXI's gameplay which I didn't think was possible. They'd have been better off making this a turn-based MMO. This replaces FFX-2 as the worst experience so far.

I'm still "forcing" myself to play hoping some miracle will turn things around as I'm really drawn in by the intro storyline. However, after about 15 minutes I find myself preferring to watch Sex In The City with my g/f. Good job SE. You managed to find a cure for my addiction to MMO's.

Cliff, make another patch that makes this game not suck. You're our only hope.
expecting much from a beta test eh?
the game does not lag, it just your video card btw,i tested myself by replacing my 9800gt with my current ati 5770, the only issue with the game is the mouse lag, and some targeting issues, people try to play this game so hard with shitty specs, the games takes up to 50% of usage with my quadcore, would be terrible with dualcore users
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-11 13:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:

I'm not going to personally upload ffxigame.exe binaries because it's illegal and I don't want to be sued. (I doubt anyone will be, but as I work for a competitor I'm personally respecting their copyright)
-cliff
Even with this being an open beta? So would patches for this (and FFXI since we're discussing basically the same thing) fall in the same category?
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2010-09-12 09:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok...Latest update as of 11Sep10 ...is it me or is the patch not working anymore? Up until then, every update the patch worked flawlessly. I can redo my .exe with the back up but it refuses to run after running the patch.

Any help would be great. And thanks again Cliff!
By LostMK 2010-09-12 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can trick it, if you download the ffxivgame file and put that in - then use the most recent ffxivboot (the mouse fix) and it works
[+]
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2010-09-12 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ...then help the noob lol. Where the heck is the most recent fix? Is Cliff just updating that DL link he has posted on page 1 or am I missing something? Because that's what I was going to do. xD

Thanks for the reply LostMK
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8