users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Mouse Lag Fix
FFXIV Mouse Lag Fix
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-06 03:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Can I post a link to this on the FFXIV.core Forums to let people know about this glorious patch?

I already did, but out of glee, I didn't think it through, and didn't want to see cliff hit with any fallout from square over this, so I modded the post and removed the link and credit to the fix.

I'll await clearance.

It's fine, just make it clear that this is a test, that it will break, and I will make a durable version of it once we make sure I'm not breaking the real patching sequence or anything (or at least... breaking it worse than it already is).

I'm a little concerned that SE does binary delta patches or something like that on the main EXE .. if they do then there might be some weirdness out of doing our own patching to the binary on disk instead of in memory. We'll just have to see with the next update. If I break anyone's install, I'm sorry.

Usually I don't release stuff like this without a lot more testing, but I figured there are probably a good number of people who are in the same boat as me with this mouse lag who would appreciate a potential fix right now.

The best case scenario is of course for SE to just enable this themselves.

-cliff
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-06 03:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

who the hell is cliff

he just appeared all the sudden

red bar and all
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-06 03:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Can I post a link to this on the FFXIV.core Forums to let people know about this glorious patch?

I already did, but out of glee, I didn't think it through, and didn't want to see cliff hit with any fallout from square over this, so I modded the post and removed the link and credit to the fix.

I'll await clearance.

It's fine, just make it clear that this is a test, that it will break, and I will make a durable version of it once we make sure I'm not breaking the real patching sequence or anything (or at least... breaking it worse than it already is).

I'm a little concerned that SE does binary delta patches or something like that on the main EXE .. if they do then there might be some weirdness out of doing our own patching to the binary on disk instead of in memory. We'll just have to see with the next update. If I break anyone's install, I'm sorry.

Usually I don't release stuff like this without a lot more testing, but I figured there are probably a good number of people who are in the same boat as me with this mouse lag who would appreciate a potential fix right now.

-cliff

I linked directly to FFXIAH post, so all that's taken care of, and now FFXIAH gets a ***ton of traffic ^^

I definitely encouraged everyone to back up the directory beforehand.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-06 03:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
I don't know what BG is.

bluegartr
By Ashrien 2010-09-06 03:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
who the hell is cliff

he just appeared all the sudden

red bar and all

He r Windower and founder of FFXIAH, and the coding behind it? :o

If there was a master on these forums, it's surely him. lol
 Fenrir.Mashuga
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mashuga 2010-09-06 03:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm, personally, ecstatic that this came out so fast.. Testing or not, this was my biggest gripe about FFXIV atm.

Setting a custom resolution to use with the Windowed-Fullscreen patch would be awesome though, if anyone's figured out that bit yet.

Windowed-Fullscreen FFXIV
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-09-06 03:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested the patch with the newest version of the game SE just pushed out. Sure enough it done broke. ;_;

It can't be reapplied either. If you try it'll crash the game right away.
By semimmortal 2010-09-06 03:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh... and right after I downloaded it :(
 Fenrir.Mashuga
By Fenrir.Mashuga 2010-09-06 03:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Cliff's got his middle finger raised and the cursor on 'build'. >,>
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-06 04:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:

-cliff

Appreciate the effort, mate, but do you think there is possibly an in-game command? Or, better still, is there anything within the ffxivconfig.exe that can be checked?

There could be a small chance that they are trying to protect the main exe, but might have left the config unguarded...
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-06 04:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uploaded a new version of the patcher for the 2010.09.06.2000 patch.

-cliff
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-06 04:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:

-cliff

The old patch seems to work anyway. I'm getting lobby error 13101, but can load the game fine with the old Hardware Mouse patcher.

A few people at FFXIV core are saying it's working as well. The patch itself (For FFXIV) was stupid though, I got some Unpack errors that were fixed by just changing the notepad data for the GameVer to today's one.

Something probably irrelevant, but Today's patch is actually 2010.09.06.2001.

Disregard that, I suck ***!

That was actually the cause of my 13101's. The file is xx.xx.2000. Derp derp.

I felt that was such a big ***, I should strikethrough instead of delete, in case anyone made the same mistake.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-09-06 04:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cliff said:

-cliff

The old patch seems to work anyway. I'm getting lobby error 13101, but can load the game fine with the old Hardware Mouse patcher.

A few people at FFXIV core are saying it's working as well. The patch itself (For FFXIV) was stupid though, I got some Unpack errors that were fixed by just changing the notepad data for the GameVer to today's one.

Something probably irrelevant, but Today's patch is actually 2010.09.06.2001.

That's odd, it didn't work at all for me. I had to replace the exe to get the update to work otherwise it errored on me and reapplying the patch to the new exe didn't work at all.

Also, I haven't had the lobby error since 20 minutes ago or so.

EDIT: Oh yes and of course, thank you again Cliff. You're a saint.
 Fenrir.Mashuga
By Fenrir.Mashuga 2010-09-06 04:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Working beautifully for me. Thanks Cliff, always spot-on.
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-06 04:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The patch itself (For FFXIV) was stupid though, I got some Unpack errors that were fixed by just changing the notepad data for the GameVer to today's one.

Be careful about manually updating the game version. The old mouse patch should cause crashes on the new version -- if it doesn't it means you don't actually have the new version, but you're tricking the game into thinking you do. That'll come to bite you later since the game only does delta patches of the main exe.

-cliff
 Asura.Egobrane
user: Egobranne
By Asura.Egobrane 2010-09-06 04:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Newest patch works as well, great work again.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-06 04:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
The patch itself (For FFXIV) was stupid though, I got some Unpack errors that were fixed by just changing the notepad data for the GameVer to today's one.

Be careful about manually updating the game version. The old mouse patch should cause crashes on the new version -- if it doesn't it means you don't actually have the new version, but you're tricking the game into thinking you do. That'll come to bite you later since the game only does delta patches of the main exe.

-cliff

I was getting the 20524 even with the backup of ffxivgame.exe replacing the patched version. And attempting to "Double check" and use the restore file you provide yields a "File not found" Notice. I just think my updater was stupid.
 Ramuh.Zetoriush
Server: Ramuh
user: zetoriush
By Ramuh.Zetoriush 2010-09-06 05:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It works flawlessly for me! Excellent job! Thank you very much!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-06 06:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the hell is cliff and who gave him a red bar?
[+]
By DAOWAce 2010-09-06 06:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the UI has to stop being a laggy mess and we're all set!

Thank you for doing something Square should've done since CB1. I wonder when they're going to learn.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-06 06:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Most truth you have ever said sir.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Valdrake
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valdrake
By Lakshmi.Valdrake 2010-09-06 07:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW! Thanks so much Cliff. for a while i thought maybe my PC wasn't powerful enough to handle FFXIV... so I dumbed it down so mcuh that PS2 FFXI looked better. And still got the mouse lag issue drove me insane!!!
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-06 07:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are so many people oblivious to who Cliff is?

Click about at the bottom of the page, srsly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-06 07:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Most truth you have ever said sir.

Please, you give me too little credit. That's the Only truth I've ever said.

Everything seems to be working fine for the people who are using the patcher on ffxivcore.com, And I've not run into any problems myself. Hell, the game dropped enough piss-off to lower it's point below the critical mass of unplayable, so maybe Cliff'll make good+1 and create the one that can outlast SE's shitty patches?
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-06 07:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DAOWAce said:
Now the UI has to stop being a laggy mess and we're all set!

Thank you for doing something Square should've done since CB1. I wonder when they're going to learn.

I believe the problem is it being server side rather then client side, I really do believe that once retail hits and we have a disk that installs stuff a bit more reliably that they will put stuff that should be client side... client side (IE, mouse, UI, idk what else really >.>)

[+]
 Asura.Ketak
user: Ketak
By Asura.Ketak 2010-09-06 09:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mind if I ask what steps you took to figure this out? Did you just search through the file with a hex editor or something?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 09:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Can I post a link to this on the FFXIV.core Forums to let people know about this glorious patch? I already did, but out of glee, I didn't think it through, and didn't want to see cliff hit with any fallout from square over this, so I modded the post and removed the link and credit to the fix. I'll await clearance.
It's fine, just make it clear that this is a test, that it will break, and I will make a durable version of it once we make sure I'm not breaking the real patching sequence or anything (or at least... breaking it worse than it already is). I'm a little concerned that SE does binary delta patches or something like that on the main EXE .. if they do then there might be some weirdness out of doing our own patching to the binary on disk instead of in memory. We'll just have to see with the next update. If I break anyone's install, I'm sorry. Usually I don't release stuff like this without a lot more testing, but I figured there are probably a good number of people who are in the same boat as me with this mouse lag who would appreciate a potential fix right now. The best case scenario is of course for SE to just enable this themselves. -cliff

Hey.. You posted. Thanks, Scragg. :D
 Ramuh.Usukane
Server: Ramuh
user: Cantrell
By Ramuh.Usukane 2010-09-06 09:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mew. ;3
[+]
 Phoenix.Greiver
Server: Phoenix