2 Pet Slimes?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » 2 pet slimes?!?!
2 pet slimes?!?!
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-03 22:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
By that 100% unflappable logical pattern SE has used

Though SE's recent attempts at following its traditional patterns has gone down the pan, what with COR rolls typically being Unlucky=Lucky+4, but anything beyond 75 is just random crap and shows they're not thinking straight.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-03 22:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think a change in lucky/unlucky dice rolls is enough to warrant it.

If what you were saying was true, i dont think it would be just 1 out of the 4 new pets added this update.

And the last update, all 4 of the "Upgrade" path mobs followed the exact naming pattern.

Seedbed soil / Deepbed soil - Funguar upgrade
Carrot Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth - Lullush
Herbal Broth / Dancing Herbal Broth - Nazuna
Humus / VermiHumus - Merle

plus they also added new pets families last update as well.

If last update a new pet was added not following the pattern i could see what you were saying as possible, but they weren't, all the old mob family pets followed their name pattern upgrades.

I'm only (possibly optimistically)logically stating the facts in front of us, that this is likely a new pet family.

I just don't see how it would possibly be a Diremite, becuase there is no logically conclusion as to why they would name it "Curdled Plasma Broth" and not "Curdled Blood Broth" if it was a Diremite path upgrade.

Maybe i just REALLY want a new amorph pet, but for now i'll stick to optimism, hoping for a Leech or Hecteyes, maybe a Slime or Slug =x
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 23:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
By that 100% unflappable logical pattern SE has
I'm sure you're right, but...come on, man. Look at all the corsair rolls up until bolter's/caster's. Lucky number X, Unlucky number X+4 for all the original rolls+DNC/SCH rolls. Now they come out with Lucky 3, unlucky 9 and lucky 2, unlucky 7 for bolter's/caster's respectively. SE doesn't give a damn about consistency. >:

Edit: durrr other guy got to it first.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-03 23:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant with Beast jugs, Not Corsair.

Who cares about Corsair.

In the last update note regarding BST the new jug pets added to old Families followed their patterns.

This update (So far) Seems to be doing the same, and i'll stick beside the fact its a new pet family.

We'll know in a few days for sure though, and as long as its an Amorph i don't give a damn what it is.

I'm just 100% positive (and hopeful?) it will not be a Diremite.

But if I'm wrong i'll be the first one to Admit it, then go cry deeply at the thought of still not having a pet thats > Birds on the Foodchain.
By Sleepyzero 2010-09-03 23:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a Bat........>.>
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-03 23:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleepyzero said:
It's a Bat........>.>

And i had considered that and then quickly threw it out the window because it made me too depressed to think about it.

If its a CoP Big-bat, Blood Drain, marrow drain, Subsonic(DEF Down) and the EVA down one it might be nice.

an AoE Defense down TP Move from a pet would be sweet, But Bats are so squishy and weak its still depressing.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-03 23:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if maybe it could be a clot... the only reason i thought of this is because of the item "Handful of Clot Plasma"

Any thoughts about this?... it kinda makes sense.. and for the most part clots are like slimes
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-03 23:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Most jugs are named after the food that attracts the pet the jug calls.

Meat Broth for Tigers
Carrot broth for Rabbits
Sap for Beetles etc

So it probably requires a Clot Plasma during the Synthesis (or more likely, Synergy), but its likely going to call a pet that feeds on Blood.

Leeches, Bats, Bat Trios are likely.

Hecteyes are only possibly likely because the Hakutaku (When mixed with Blood) is created, so in a way Hecteyes might require Blood (plasma) to be created.

My bet is still on Leeches however!

I hope

Hope-hope-hope ;;
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-03 23:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Most jugs are named after the food that attracts the pet the jug calls.

Meat Broth for Tigers
Carrot broth for Rabbits
Sap for Beetles etc

So it probably requires a Clot Plasma during the Synthesis (or more likely, Synergy), but its likely going to call a pet that feeds on Blood.

Leeches, Bats, Bat Trios are likely.

Hecteyes are only possibly likely because the Hakutaku (When mixed with Blood) is created, so in a way Hecteyes might require Blood (plasma) to be created.

My bet is still on Leeches however!

I hope

Hope-hope-hope ;;

Ahhh i c.. well that makes alot of sense... well heres hoping you guys get something worthwhile regardless. I would think it would be neat to see a Bat pet.. dont believe there are any of those, and some bat tp moves can be fairly damaging.. altho im not sure what kind of tp moves leeches would do.. either way .. heres to hoping SE doesnt screw bsts over
[+]
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-04 00:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor CC being left in the dust! No room for the lil crab that could anymore :( Pet slime makes me want to lvl bst again though x;
 Sylph.Reaplife
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-09-04 00:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sutekii said:
I'll cast my votes for:

Curdled Plasma Broth = Leech(woot)
Goblin Bug Broth = Fly(hopefully with more than just cursed sphere and venom)
Bubbling Carrion Broth = Lizard(with petrify please?) Chirping Grasshopper Broth = Flytrap(boo)

Not to sound pessimistic, but I'm prepared to be disappointed....psyched tho I am.

BLM is getting Break at 85, so a Lizard with a short term petrify seems very possible. If so, I'll go back to leveling BST (mine is only 36, I got bored with it).
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-04 00:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well one thing i noticed in the update was that for Drgs, their wyvren can increase in levels and gain experiance in abyssea... (not sure if its going to be limited to those zones) wouldnt it be nice if they allowed all pets to level up .. and get stronger. maybe if that happens CC will have a place again, and pup's auto's will be super machines... (would be especialy nice for VE, since it might be able to tank)..
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-04 00:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
well one thing i noticed in the update was that for Drgs, their wyvren can increase in levels and gain experiance in abyssea... (not sure if its going to be limited to those zones) wouldnt it be nice if they allowed all pets to level up .. and get stronger. maybe if that happens CC will have a place again, and pup's auto's will be super machines... (would be especialy nice for VE, since it might be able to tank)..

They have just patched DRG so this happens in Abyssea... Like all other zones while partying for exp.

Nobody uses CC as a jug pet in Abyssea... Or VE on PUP for that matter.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-04 00:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

I just don't see how it would possibly be a Diremite, becuase there is no logically conclusion as to why they would name it "Curdled Plasma Broth" and not "Curdled Blood Broth" if it was a Diremite path upgrade.

I hate to rain on that logic, But what if its just a translation error? Also, I really, really don't think they'll give clot/slime/anything that takes lower PDT. I predict bat, since alot of bst mobs have them, but there is no bat jug.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-04 01:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Iphigenia said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

They have just patched DRG so this happens in Abyssea... Like all other zones while partying for exp.

Nobody uses CC as a jug pet in Abyssea... Or VE on PUP for that matter.
I wasnt saying use VE in abyssea... in particular, i was sayin that it would be nice if the pets leveled above the master to some respects and got stronger... not so much as surpassing us in particular level... but were able to achieve like "strength levels" as they level with us.. on the topic of VE.. he can barely take a few minutes of hits even with the adjustments to defensive attachments that were made, and the bonus that manuevers gave to a particular stat... just a thought and a dream i suppose...
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 01:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
I predict bat, since alot of bst mobs have them, but there is no bat jug.

Is there a Jelly Jug? (I am in no way a BST so I have no valid input on the matter).
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-04 01:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
I meant with Beast jugs, Not Corsair.

Who cares about Corsair.

In the last update note regarding BST the new jug pets added to old Families followed their patterns.

This update (So far) Seems to be doing the same, and i'll stick beside the fact its a new pet family.

We'll know in a few days for sure though, and as long as its an Amorph i don't give a damn what it is.

I'm just 100% positive (and hopeful?) it will not be a Diremite.

But if I'm wrong i'll be the first one to Admit it, then go cry deeply at the thought of still not having a pet thats > Birds on the Foodchain.
I wasn't really arguing your logic about the pattern, just poking fun at SE, really. I am positive they will stick to the normal pattern as there is absolutely no reason not to, whereas the cor thing had its reasons, though they were terrible "reasons."
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-04 01:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Those new COR rolls lucky/Unlucky do kinda suck.

Also there are Slime pets, only in Dynamis though.

I Think its a Leech, I would be pissed if it was a bat but i'd accept it at least, Since we also have no Bird pets either (right?)

Amorph is just a dream for most BSTs, almost every member of the amorph family has something nice going for them.

Slugs absorb water damage
Slimes/Clot have a high PDT
Leeches are just plain beastly, High attack/Defense
etc.

I don't see it being a slime really, But i definitely do not see it being a Diremite.

Though i won't rule out Translation errors, considering the massive amount of terrible translation errors the last update.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-04 01:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kaiye said:
Poor CC being left in the dust! No room for the lil crab that could anymore :( Pet slime makes me want to lvl bst again though x;

SE needs to adjust the power of old jugs. They just can't parse worth a ***. 5/5 BST Affinity merits, and ATM I feel like it's a waste.

SE most likely won't give us any amorphs until 90+, if we re lucky. Im prepared for lame repeats. New biscuits would be nice also. Or perhaps, temp items to increase our pets power or defense.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-04 02:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't mind some pet food that actually acted like pet FOOD.

being able to use Reward to give your pet a food-like boost to STR/ATK, DEX/ACC, PDT/DEF, etc would be lovely =|

some reason to use Reward when you're in a party situation and your pet isn't always tanking.

But thats a pipe dream =\ never gunna happen, because then SMN's/PUPs and (maybe) DRGs would whine they need that buff too.

For now I think i'll be satisfied that for the moment Atma bonuses in Abyssea effects pets as well!
 Sylph.Kaiye
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-04 07:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:

SE needs to adjust the power of old jugs. They just can't parse worth a ***. 5/5 BST Affinity merits, and ATM I feel like it's a waste.

Agree, CC could still be very useful in solo situations if SE would just give it a boost ;/ Urge to lvl bst rising... It's so exciting to see that they actually did something right with the job!
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2010-09-04 12:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they put levels on pet food (Zeta is 71 i think now), I think they will give us another pet food either this update or next update.

As far as the jugs go, I agree with the leech/clot, fly, lizard, flytrap idea. I'd be happy with anything from the amorph, but a bird is nice too. Some of the other jugs that haven't been used in the .dats would be nice as well. They pulled out the white rabbit, so maybe they will use the other ones as well.

Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-05 06:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd actually love another lizard jug, just for the sole fact I *** hate gnats, wamoura and chigoes. And serket solo will be easier. And I'd love if at 99, SE gave us the superbeast of each family. Not likely, but running around with a peiste, slime, manticore, roc, etc would be bad *** ***.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-05 06:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere in the Fanfest didn't they Mention wanting to give BST Jug pets Unique TP moves? or Unique Models... I forget which.

Either way i think i read SOMETHING to that extent, maybe they'll have a few level 99 Jug pets that are just pure win?
By Untamedheart 2010-09-06 18:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If Goblin bug Broth is indeed a fly, I could see it being the same model as the Assassin Flies in Mount Zhayolm similar to how we got the red mandy model for Vermihumus. Hopefully the fly will get the tp move Somersault which can do pretty good damage.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-07 01:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the new jug pets did have their previously unavailable TP moves, and their CoP TP Moves.

Sheep got Lamb Chop (Unavailable to other Sheep Jugs)
Rabbit got Wild Carrot (CoP TP Move)

So it seems likely it would get its CoP TP move! I hope anyway =x
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-07 04:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

cant wait :D
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-09-09 20:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see a bird among these...and the amorph would be nice ( i know this is post update but i haven't explored bst much ... forgive me )
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-10-05 03:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i am betting the next update we will get Bat (bird)
New Crab (CC 2.0)
New tiger (smilodon hopefully)
and new Cactuar
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By Tzaellia 2010-11-12 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me a Hecteyes jug pet and I'll be good.

Sic: Flare/II, Firaga, Blink, and all that ohter good stuff.

MmmmmHmmmm.