Square Enix Account Management System Changes.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Square Enix Account Management System changes.
Square Enix Account Management System changes.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-09-01 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To continue using your current Square Enix account, you will need to register your country of residence and accept the terms of the new Square Enix Account Service Agreement.

Please follow the instructions on screen to register your country of residence and accept the terms of the service agreement.

Well I currently use an NA FFXI account and have it registered to a NA SE account..

What will happen if I select europe as my country of residence? Will I have to get the EU version of FFXIV to use it on the same SE account or will they be incompatable?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 09:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish i could help, but it keeps telling me my password incorrect. over and over again, after i keep resetting it.
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-09-01 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

im guessing nobody knows atm ? lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No you won't All versions of XIV are the same. None of this silly Playonlin-EU *** we had to put up with in europe
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-09-01 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

that still doesnt kinda answer my question lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 10:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use the same SE account, they are compatible.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 10:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I wish i could help, but it keeps telling me my password incorrect. over and over again, after i keep resetting it.
Wait 30 minutes to an hour before trying again.
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-09-01 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so you are saying that I can link an EU version of FFXIV to my currently NA version of the SE account by changing my region when I log into the SE user account management system.

This would give me access to all the bonus features of FFXIV such as the movement speed boots and lower cost for FFXI?

So I would change from having an;
NA FFXI
NA SE Account

to having an
NA FFXI
EU SE Account
EU FFXIV

and it all work perfectly? :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 10:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
so you are saying that I can link an EU version of FFXIV to my currently NA version of the SE account by changing my region when I log into the SE user account management system.

This would give me access to all the bonus features of FFXIV such as the movement speed boots and lower cost for FFXI?

NA FFXI
NA SE Account

to having an
NA FFXI
EU SE Account
EU FFXIV

Yup, no problem what-so-ever ^^
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-09-01 11:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

"Please make sure to purchase the software specifically developed for your registered country of residence or we cannot ensure that you will be able to use it."

http://account.square-enix.com/manual/en/attention.html

It doesn't matter where your FFXI came from, but to be able to play FFXIV you need to have the appropriate software.

Your country of residence for FFXI will determine your billing currency type most likely.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-01 11:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How does this work if I pay in the US but play overseas <.<?

*referring to ffxi at the moment*

Or vice versa, if I pay in forgein currency but play in the US?

>=o They taking my char from me? Q.Q
 Valefor.Shaone
Server: Valefor
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-09-01 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Xellith said:

NA FFXI
NA SE Account

to having an
NA FFXI
EU SE Account
EU FFXIV

Yup, no problem what-so-ever ^^
SE said:
You are now required to accurately register your current region. If this differs from your previous registration, you may be prevented from using any services or products that you had been using on your Square Enix Account up until now. However, if you fail to update this information now, you may be prevented from accessing future services. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This worries me.

link ( bottom of the page )
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-01 18:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

shameless bump ~ any verification on what happens if you pay with forgien currency or play out of your region =/
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-09-01 18:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you honestly think it's a money issue? They bill your card and that's that. Personally I believe the different versions are relative to matters of legality. In the USA all things multimedia, (with the exception of cable net oddly enough), are subject to Title II of the FCC Rules and Regulations. These rules, however, are not applicable to other countries as they have their own sets of rules. It would be for this reason that I say the monetary issue, isn't one.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-01 19:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
lol you honestly think it's a money issue? They bill your card and that's that. Personally I believe the different versions are relative to matters of legality. In the USA all things multimedia, (with the exception of cable net oddly enough), are subject to Title II of the FCC Rules and Regulations. These rules, however, are not applicable to other countries as they have their own sets of rules. It would be for this reason that I say the monetary issue, isn't one.

I think it could very well be a monetary issue forcing alot of people to quit ffxi. Alot of US troops play outside of the country while being charged US funds. Or vice versa. So thank you for that, but yes I am concerned about it being a money issue :3
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-09-01 19:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's the problem right there; you're not thinking.
If SE wanted to force people to quit FFXI they would not be advertising the ability to play FFXIV along with FFXI, at a discounted rate. They would instead raise the price and make it absurd to play both at the same time, thus forcing them to choose and that would naturally compel them to choose the latter game; XIV.
It is not a monetary issue.

Edit:
Quote:
New Director for FINAL FANTASY XI (09/01/2010)

We would like to announce the appointment of a new director for FINAL FANTASY XI.

Former Battle Director Akihiko Matsui has assumed the post, and would like to take this opportunity to offer a few words of greeting to our players.

Dear Users,

It is both an honor and pleasure to give this address as the newly appointed director of FINAL FANTASY XI.

With the commencement of official service for FINAL FANTASY XIV imminent, the period ahead will prove to be a turning point for FINAL FANTASY XI. I have had the privilege of being part of the team since the project commenced some ten years ago, but to assume the mantle of leadership at this juncture is daunting indeed.

As director, I intend to work in close cooperation with all project members and involved parties to ensure that FINAL FANTASY XI will continue to hold allure for our players. For truly, nothing would please me more than to see Vana'diel remain a gathering place for those seeking high adventure and camaraderie.

I look forward to your continued support in the future.

Akihiko Matsui
Director, FINAL FANTASY XI
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-01 20:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if this change in system is that devious of a thing, at least not to JP/NA/SA/EU/AUS players. It might be something as simple as a means to isolate accounts that claim to be of one region's release but have a payment system tied to another country (like player accounts from the People's Republic of China claiming to be JP region accounts) from which SE's accounting system can scrutinise more heavily.

It might be a stretch to claim these measures are "all about RMT", but for sure SE has taken heavy-handed sweeping actions involving RMT accounts in the past which have affected legit account holders. And while it seems unlikely to me at least that SE would assume all accounts from a given unsupported region (like the PRC) are suspect, this would at least give them tools to analyse the situation which they might not have had before (comparing reported region versus source of payment) and/or give grounds to deny service to their servers.

Alternatively, if accounts (of a certain region or reported region) are being fraudulently paid for through a certain payment source, perhaps those can be more easily tracked and their "Square Enix Crysta" payment method option targeted (or mandated) to those regions.

Of course, just like anything else, this is all speculation. But from other MMO's I've experienced (like those licensed by Codemasters in the UK targeting the NA and EU regions) after a certain point they all tend to do this "region of service affirmation/reminder" thing.
 Valefor.Shaone
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-09-02 05:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in terms of FFXI (I'm not sure what billing rate will be on FFXIV), NA accounts are much cheaper than UK or EU accounts. So there is certainly an incentive for SE to force people outside NA to buy the EU version.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/envi/charge.html
SE said:
FINAL FANTASY XI service fee €12.95/£8.99/$12.95 per month
Additional Content ID €1.00/£0.70/$1.00 per month

$12.95 = €10.12

So they make €2.83 ($3.60) less per month from someone outside of NA using the NA copy as opposed to the EU copy.

I'd understand that they would charge more for the EU version, as it has 3 languages to support, so more translators and testers.

But is it fair that people who lived outside NA and imported to the EU prior to release there, or never had an official release in their region, or moved out of NA after they started playing? Feels like its not to me. I'm not affected myself but I know people who potentially will be.

In the end, its really just a case of those people being cut out of all the perks though, so perhaps thats why its not the highest priority for them. And perhaps they think they can claw back some of the money they lost over the years if those people have to pay full price for FFXI whilst playing FFXIV. But thats just speculation.

(rates based on google search "2.83 euros in dollars" etc)
(edit:grammar error)