Forum » FFXI » General » POL-12321
POL-12321
 Fairy.Antigone
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-01-24 19:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had just gotten my Xbox back from repair and had to reinstall the PlayOnline Viewer which I new I would have too. I reactivated my account with no problem and when I press the play button it gives an error message....

Version Update Communication Error
Error code: POL - 12321
An unexpected problem occurred persistent problems can be reported from Service & Support.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I googled and found other forums talking about it but no mention of how to fix the problem, I am uninstalling atm and reinstalling but I dont think it will fix the problem, please help if you have any info....
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-01-24 19:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is POL/FFXI completely up-to-date on updates and versions and what not? Not sure exactly how you can check, but might want to start there.
 Fairy.Antigone
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-01-24 20:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I had to install it when I got the xbox back so it should have all been up to date, I'm hoping that the problem will fix with another installation, I have 26 minutes left before I can see I guess.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-24 20:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a side note, you also may not be able to send pictures out from your file manager. I got a new xbox, and even though everything was ok with installing and all that, I can access screenshots but I can't send them out without some nonsense concerning my password. I was told to go to www.playonline.com, click on 'Services and Support', find 'contact us,' and open a web chat to get in touch with people who could fix it. Maybe that will work for you, too.
 Siren.Wiccaan
Server: Siren
user: Wiccaan
By Siren.Wiccaan 2009-01-24 20:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news15198.shtml

It's reported as a known issue. Follow the instructions there.
 Fairy.Antigone
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-01-24 20:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, I'll try that
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [111 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-16 06:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caderyn said:
Yeah great idea, reinstall everything... if you dont care about your macros, font colours, settings or other miscellaneous things. not anyone heres fault but SE are pulling a microsoft on this one.... they dont give a crap about our peronal settings and just sit there like tech support arses saying, until you've tried the above steps... etc. Thanks muchly

You can save your maccros which really is the only important thing to online
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-16 06:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

You can save your maccros which really is the only important thing to online
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [560 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Vaalmont
Server: Ramuh
user: vaalmont
By Ramuh.Vaalmont 2010-11-26 21:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you save your macros before reinstalling everything?
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-11-27 08:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vaalmont said:
How do you save your macros before reinstalling everything?

From Playonline.com:

Quote:

The following data can now be backed up on PlayOnline's servers.
-"Config" settings inside the main menu (excluding platform-specific settings such as "key assign", and language-specific items).
-[Current tell target] history for "chat" inside the active command window.
-Macro and book data.
-Map marker data.
-Item display sorting data for the "bid" option in the auction menu.

[Storage Location]
It is now possible to store configuration data on PlayOnline's servers, in addition to your game machine's own hard disk drive. Up to four slots are available on your hard disk for this purpose, while one slot is available on the server. One slot stores one character's worth of configuration data. Selecting a used slot will overwrite existing data.

[Saving Configuration]
Bring up the configuration file save screen by pressing the following buttons/keys at the character selection screen, and choose the slot in which you wish to save.

"PlayStation 2": L1 button + L3 button
Xbox 360: LB + left stick button
Keyboard: [Shift] + [Alt] + [Ctrl] +

[Loading Configuration]
Bring up the configuration file load screen by pressing the following buttons/keys at the character selection screen, and choose the slot from which you wish to load.

"PlayStation 2": R1 button + R3 button
Xbox 360: RB + right stick button
Keyboard: [Shift] + [Alt] + [Ctrl] + [R]

[Deleting Configuration]
Bring up the configuration file deletion screen by pressing the following buttons/keys at the character selection screen. Confirm deletion to restore default settings for the currently selected character.

"PlayStation 2": R1 button + L2 button + R3 button + L3 button
Xbox 360: R2 + L2 + right stick button + left stick button
Keyboard: [Shift] + [Alt] + [Ctrl] + [D]

Also, you're given three local slots (stores the same information as described on the quote at the system hard drive) so make sure you choose to upload it to the slot which says "playonline server".

The data is compatible with all platforms so you can for example use this method to move your macros from XBOX360 or PS2 to PC.