Your update errors
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-31 07:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Okie dokie, usually we get some of these each big update. I just hit my first one, ROM:258/108. Update keeps getting to this and then crashing... I seem to remember last time it was a simple case of keep trying?

GFs laptop is getting D:patch.txt error, which doesnt sound good >.>
 Gilgamesh.Diabloss
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Diabloss
By Gilgamesh.Diabloss 2010-08-31 08:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

113.dat and my time just keeps looper 5:55~5:45 then back to 5:55 lol
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-08-31 08:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also on laptop I'm getting D:patch.txt error. Main PC seems fine just awefully slow
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-31 08:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ill keep messin around on the laptop and see if i can get it working, might even look for the file on my desktop and copy it over, see if it works.
 Odin.Evilbob
Server: Odin
By Odin.Evilbob 2010-08-31 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Having either Rom error or pol error and taking ages to even load lol
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 08:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not having this problem.

Possibly have something to do with the manual patch last update? Because I did that and mine worked fine.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-31 08:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to be stuck on 8.dat -.-

Started the download with 1h 5min remaining. Got to 8.dat and now I'm @ 4h 49min remaining.

Just waiting for it to crash tbh.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-08-31 08:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

had this a few years ago . SE told me to delete the patch.txt and it worked fine
[+]
 Hades.Xhander
Server: Hades
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2010-08-31 08:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even get to the update! Strange, never had any problems like this with past updates.... /sigh

Edit: Getting the old POL-1160 error. (Network is busy or there are connection problems). Since I am online typing this out on ffxiah.com I guess the network is busy...
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I think its odd you would start a thread when from past experiences you seem to know that the servers get swamped and many people end up with failed update attempts and simply need to keep trying.
Just have a bit more patience before you start a thread about it ^_^.
I'm currently downloading the update now, first attempt and I shall post back my success or failure.

Good Luck everyone!
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-31 08:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Fabiano said:
had this a few years ago . SE told me to delete the patch.txt and it worked fine

Thanks fabi ill look into that. If i get her POL to connect, its not even getting to the download stage anymore lol.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-31 08:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

vagrantchaos said:
Tbh I think its odd you would start a thread when from past experiences you seem to know that the servers get swamped and many people end up with failed update attempts and simply need to keep trying. Just have a bit more patience before you start a thread about it ^_^. I'm currently downloading the update now, first attempt and I shall post back my success or failure. Good Luck everyone!

lol hmm... call it reassurance to me that im not the only person thats having problems XD I dunno.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-31 08:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant even pass trough pol it give me error

stupid SE
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*Edit*
Fabiano should be right on the money, delete old patch.txt file and it should be fine.

As for the PoL crashes or failing to log in errors, that will be mass amount of people trying to sign in at once (we all know Se's servers suck), keep trying you'll get there ^^.
(Same can be said about the slow speed in which it is running in.)
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-31 08:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After something liker, 20 tries.. I finally got threw to downloading the latest version info, only to have it freeze up in the 60's% wise..

Going to be a loooong day to farm alch stuff...
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I cant even pass trough pol it give me error

stupid SE

Refer to previous post (took em 8 attempts of spamming retry to get in ^^).
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
vagrantchaos said:
Tbh I think its odd you would start a thread when from past experiences you seem to know that the servers get swamped and many people end up with failed update attempts and simply need to keep trying. Just have a bit more patience before you start a thread about it ^_^. I'm currently downloading the update now, first attempt and I shall post back my success or failure. Good Luck everyone!

lol hmm... call it reassurance to me that im not the only person thats having problems XD I dunno.

I was the same when it first happened to me a few years ago, /sigh they still haven't update there servers...
Se will never learn :P.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-31 08:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

vagrantchaos said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
vagrantchaos said:
I was the same when it first happened to me a few years ago, /sigh they still haven't update there servers... Se will never learn :P.

lol shes home now, it just got past the error and her laptop overheated XD
 Valefor.Talona
user: Arezt
By Valefor.Talona 2010-08-31 08:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate playonline...
 Gilgamesh.Diabloss
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Diabloss
By Gilgamesh.Diabloss 2010-08-31 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok now im crashing on 119.dat lol wtf
 Valefor.Madranta
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-08-31 08:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was getting that same D:Patch.txt error until I deleted it from the main FFXI folder and tried again.... now I'm at 20% complete and stuck on 118.DAT
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have a theory about this and it's up to you to decide if you believe this or not.
I'm pretty sure Se gives priority to people with faster broadband connections, get the people who can download and install faster out the way to make more room on download server. Makes sense to me.
My proof of this is my pc is connect via ethernet to a 50Mbs broadband connection, it is having no issues downloading update at all.
My laptop however is wireless and is failing miserably atm with its 54kps speed, popped in an ethernet cable and no more issues.
So my advise if you think it holds truth is, 'On wireless, get an ethernet cable and connect to router directly.'
Hope that helps a little?
Who knows could be complete bullsh%t.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-31 08:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been stuck on 8.dat/11% for 45-ish minutes now. Time remaining just keeps going up, it's @ 6h 13 mins now. Part of me want to cancel and retry but I'm worried I won't be able to log on POL at all if I do that.
 Hades.Xhander
Server: Hades
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2010-08-31 08:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best advice is to wait it out for a bit. I know this is hard for most people, myself included, but meh I hear Fight Club is a good movie........BBL.
[+]
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
I've been stuck on 8.dat/11% for 45-ish minutes now. Time remaining just keeps going up, it's @ 6h 13 mins now. Part of me want to cancel and retry but I'm worried I won't be able to log on POL at all if I do that.

Seems like a failure to me, I'm afraid it seems you may have to retry. The time you take waiting for it to sort itself out may become longer than just retrying, that's a silver lining potentially... Right? :S
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Xhander said:
I think the best advice is to wait it out for a bit. I know this is hard for most people, myself included, but meh I hear Fight Club is a good movie........BBL.

Incredible movie :D I'm going to watch that later ^-6.
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
vagrantchaos said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
vagrantchaos said:
I was the same when it first happened to me a few years ago, /sigh they still haven't update there servers... Se will never learn :P.

lol shes home now, it just got past the error and her laptop overheated XD

Ouch :S I hate it when my old laptop use to do that.
MegaMaw Mikey is at 3% health.... Black screen... WTF.
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

vagrantchaos said:
Tbh I think its odd you would start a thread when from past experiences you seem to know that the servers get swamped and many people end up with failed update attempts and simply need to keep trying.
Just have a bit more patience before you start a thread about it ^_^.
I'm currently downloading the update now, first attempt and I shall post back my success or failure.

Good Luck everyone!

Updated on first attempt, no issues at all.

Good Luck still. I'll stick about and see if I can help any more.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-31 08:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

vagrantchaos said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

Seems like a failure to me, I'm afraid it seems you may have to retry. The time you take waiting for it to sort itself out may become longer than just retrying, that's a silver lining potentially... Right? :S

Yeah lol, either way it's probably gonna take a while before I can log on game.

Cancelled and retried - POL error 1160 lol. Oh well, doesn't make a difference really.
By vagrantchaos 2010-08-31 08:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
vagrantchaos said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

Yeah lol, either way it's probably gonna take a while before I can log on game.

Cancelled and retried - POL error 1160 lol. Oh well, doesn't make a difference really.

Aww that really sucks =/ Maybe try my ethernet cable idea? I had no issues with my install :S. Keep spamming that enter key you will get back in PoL :D
First Page 2 3 4 5 6