Forum » FFXI » General » New weaponskills
New weaponskills
 Phoenix.Zeotah
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-08-30 09:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chant du cygne reminds me of a sword skill from the SaGa games called "Final Letter". It had a similar animation of slicing a Z, and could also instantly kill an enemy. No way we're gonna see "instant death" though I do hope it has some sort of gimmick to it with low HP or something.
 Sylph.Linkk
Server: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2010-08-30 09:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawn, these shits look weak. Add a rainbow to the same old WS's and watch how many people say OMG and drool over them lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-30 09:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

visually impressive and potent

it better not be another fail ws like ageha.

XFD
Quietus and Blade: Hi
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-30 09:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Linkk said:
Yawn, these shits look awesome. Add a rainbow to the same old WS's and watch how many people say OMG and drool over them lol
Fixed. New weaponskills are still new weaponskills. I'll take them and have fun with my Z cutting.

I liked most of them, effect looking wise they were pretty neat. I'm jealous of Katana, freaking NINs get a dragon. The Z cut looked pretty nice, and the Scythe, Polearm, and Staff had some very nice ones.

On a side note as I haven't read back, has anyone speculated yet that SE will possibly lower the NM drops needed to obtain these? (Remember in update notes this was stated). I'm personally leaning at a no, but we can hope right?
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-08-30 09:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

These all look pretty awesome especially compared to the last ones. Let's hope they don't suck.
[+]
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2010-08-30 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Sylph.Linkk said:
Yawn, these shits look weak. Add a rainbow to the same old WS's and watch how many people say OMG and drool over them lol
Fixed. New weaponskills are still new weaponskills. I'll take them and have fun with my Z cutting. I liked most of them, effect looking wise they were pretty neat. I'm jealous of Katana, freaking NINs get a dragon. The Z cut looked pretty nice, and the Scythe, Polearm, and Staff had some very nice ones. On a side note as I haven't read back, has anyone speculated yet that SE will possibly lower the NM drops needed to obtain these? (Remember in update notes this was stated). I'm personally leaning at a no, but we can hope right?

Hey, if a rainbow floats your boat, by all means enjoy it. But don't make these ws's out to be what they are not. I do give credit to the Z ws. The rest are just colorful copies and slight variations of previous ws's
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-30 10:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool if Tachi: Fudo used an animation other than Tachi: Kasha. Tachi: Ageha is the same animation as Tachi: Yukikaze. Plus, Ageha sucks.

If it both sucks and doesn't look cool/new, what's the point?

Just perpetuates the Tachi: Gekko only SAM syndrome.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 10:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean only is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Barely anyone even has an Empyrean weapon and they release WSs for those only? Gtfo. It better be like Mythic weapons with the WSs at least.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a retard. Didn't read the final "as well as other arms upgraded through ToTM".
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-30 10:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact is we know nothing at this point as to if they will be good or bad, looks are looks in the end. Blame whatever you want to blame for having reused animations but this is how SE wants to do it and we have no say in them changing it. Heck they could have not given us new WSs in the first place.

I'd like to know more about the coins, are they hard to get?
[+]
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2010-08-30 11:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fact is we know nothing at this point as to if they will be good or bad, looks are looks in the end. Blame whatever you want to blame for having reused animations but this is how SE wants to do it and we have no say in them changing it. Heck they could have not given us new WSs in the first place. I'd like to know more about the coins, are they hard to get?

lol I blame cheap SE because creating new animation is far to hard right. They rather same money and time by reusing what they already have. And we do know something at this point. Most of these new ws's are reused animations lolol
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-30 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to get into an arguement with you, if you want to know more PM Jaerik about why they are doing it. SE does it the way they like it. Either take it or pass it, that's your call.

Follow up to the coin question, anyone create one of those weapons yet?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted a pic of a completed one I think.
 Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-08-30 11:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quietus looks sick, did bat wings or something pop out of it?
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-08-30 11:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Follow up to the coin question, anyone create one of those weapons yet?

If you have solid Walk of Echoes group , you can clear , & get one of the top 5 , you can basically get pouches contain 5~12 coins I think .

Even solo you can solo minion & cross fingers you get whatever you need to drop , but that way you can get a coin per run , not sure what's the drop rate on single coins though .
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-08-30 12:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Hiradennotachi not sure if it appears in my "items" list though

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bismarck/Xzeikx

there we go
 Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mrkyuusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu 2010-08-30 12:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to the Armageddeons WS, it looks like a varient off of "Leaden Salute". For the COR out there it would be nice to have a different elemental WS that hits just as hard against HNM, and be able to swap out DARK/FIRE for mobs who have strong dark resistance.

My only real hope for these WS is that they can skillchain for LIGHT and DARK more easily then the last set of WS. Most jobs are getting skillchain bonuses, or have job abilities that enhance closures of skillchains.

Last hope, is that if they don't have good light or dark closure, then they can at least be good substitutes for single hit WS (For more evasive/higher DEF mobs). And have higher stat caps for potentcy.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-30 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
I have Hiradennotachi not sure if it appears in my "items" list though

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bismarck/Xzeikx

there we go

That's not an empyrial weapon!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-08-30 12:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not an empyrial weapon![/quote]

Yea but its still pretty nice and only 2 less dmg ... Working on masamune as well but im waiting to buy carabosse gems till i see how these new trials play out
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-30 12:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
Quote:
That's not an empyrial weapon!

Yea but its still pretty nice and only 2 less dmg ... Working on masamune as well but im waiting to buy carabosse gems till i see how these new trials play out

2 less dmg and a normal delay, so it's actually better for most people, thinking about xhit builds etc :P so far..
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-30 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Some elvaan on asura has the airplane sword, i remember seeing it in town x.x;

thats all i know of with the Empyrean Weapons >.>;

Was thinking about the Thwastar myself, or the BST Axe, but never got around to it what with *** CHLORIS and such.

50 gd Chloris buds, thats a minimum of 25 kills ;;
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-08-30 13:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if you can dat mine on sept 1st after update? dunno if its pre-update like last month
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-30 13:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

should, it says it's a pre update.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-08-30 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

just wanna see the new trials D:
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-08-30 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I sort of like the ones where they combine two old weaponskills. Aka, the Hand to Hand one, Great Axe, and a few of the other ones. As for reskinning old ones completely, I don't even care. Most of you don't even use the ones they've reskinned any more, so it's not like you've seen the same animation again and again and again. It's not like they reskinned Tachi: Gekko, Rampage, Asuran Fists, or any of the commonly seen WSes. Just enjoy. I hope that Empyrean weapons aren't the only way to get them, even if that's what's been said. Anywho, they all look cool to me, especially Zorro, Ukko's, Blade: Hi, and Wildfire.