Is Dnc a better tank than Pld
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-08-31 06:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
i never said anything about magic but im pretty sure there is a set out there for dnc

go look for a MDB set for DNC that can rival a PLDs then
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2010-08-31 06:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It was pretty clear who made this thread without even looking at it.

Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-08-31 06:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Nabis said:
i never said anything about magic but im pretty sure there is a set out there for dnc

Not to defend a trololololololololol but the initial post was about blood tanking.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-08-31 08:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao, a 5years old sound smarther than u nabis.
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Nabis said:

:P yea go try to look for that

back to the thread, dnc/war with fan dance n phalanx from a rdm can bloody tank lot of stuff but still cant hold hate forever. we went to sky last night with 5 ppl n my friend straight tanked zipacna and despot. we tanked faust too while my blm was doin T2 spell only, near the end he still lost hate n faust raped my blm in 2 move XD. We even had a thf that TA a few time, was hard since dnc had back to the wall. so yea dnc can tank if DD n blm hold back on ws n nuke lolol

edit: we will attempt byakko soon with him as tank tho ill get another thf at least to help SATA/ accomplice
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-31 08:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
lmfao, a 5years old sound smarther than u nabis.
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Nabis said:

:P yea go try to look for that

back to the thread, dnc/war with fan dance n phalanx from a rdm can bloody tank lot of stuff but still cant hold hate forever. we went to sky last night with 5 ppl n my friend straight tanked zipacna and despot. we tanked faust too while my blm was doin T2 spell only, near the end he still lost hate n faust raped my blm in 2 move XD. We even had a thf that TA a few time, was hard since dnc had back to the wall. so yea dnc can tank if DD n blm hold back on ws n nuke lolol

edit: we will attempt byakko soon with him as tank tho ill get another thf at least to help SATA/ accomplice

Highlighted the main part.
Shame that tanking and "surviving" are not the same.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-08-31 09:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

:P that y im goin to test dnc tank with a few thf SATA him on byakko helixx, ill still bring a pld to back up incase he die. Fan dance/phalanx reduce so much dmg my friend is taking that dnc/war could b a nice way to tank it lowman if enough hate stay on him while DD/mage do there job. i do have pld but almost never use it since im mostly rdm or blm now.

atm we can duo lot of ***but as soon we add sum dmg he lose hate w/o a thf + the reset move from most mob now doesnt help cuz as soon a dnc lose is hate he have build he will never get it back if there DD with him unless they give him a few min again to rebuild hate which who b stupid n end up with sum death
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-08-31 09:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the point in trying to tank on DNC? >_>
[+]
 Valefor.Akitoshi
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-08-31 10:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sephirothforbes said:
PLD can keep hate without SATA? Hmm well if u Sata the DNC he shouldnt have prob with hate either, not like PLD can really hold hate against ANY decent dd Without the DD's /thf to plant hate, but i dont know how many hits he can survive no shield and all but makes a decent argument, id like to see what happens. And for more people to try out diffrent things instead of bashing his comment. Or betta yet show me a pld/ Whatever that can tank anything without sata.

What? This is plain stupid.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-08-31 10:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Akitoshi said:
Diabolos.Sephirothforbes said:
PLD can keep hate without SATA? Hmm well if u Sata the DNC he shouldnt have prob with hate either, not like PLD can really hold hate against ANY decent dd Without the DD's /thf to plant hate, but i dont know how many hits he can survive no shield and all but makes a decent argument, id like to see what happens. And for more people to try out diffrent things instead of bashing his comment. Or betta yet show me a pld/ Whatever that can tank anything without sata.

What? This is plain stupid.

The logic is infallible though :( Take a job with a decent amount of hate tools and watch him lose hate to any half-decent DD. Then take a job with no hate tools (lolanimatedflourish, pure VE. Less than voke, with same timer.), and watch it tank like a boss.
 Valefor.Akitoshi
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-08-31 10:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Then the PLDs not doing it right.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-08-31 10:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the joke, but on a serious note even a good PLD loses hate on Byakko easily at 80 cap, at 85 cap it will be even easier since Byakko's evasion will be floored even with pretty halfass DDs due to level correction + 25 more skill levels.
 Valefor.Akitoshi
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-08-31 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, lol. My apologies.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-31 10:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
:P that y im goin to test dnc tank with a few thf SATA him on byakko helixx, ill still bring a pld to back up incase he die. Fan dance/phalanx reduce so much dmg my friend is taking that dnc/war could b a nice way to tank it lowman if enough hate stay on him while DD/mage do there job. i do have pld but almost never use it since im mostly rdm or blm now.

atm we can duo lot of ***but as soon we add sum dmg he lose hate w/o a thf + the reset move from most mob now doesnt help cuz as soon a dnc lose is hate he have build he will never get it back if there DD with him unless they give him a few min again to rebuild hate which who b stupid n end up with sum death

DNC is great, but yeah, someone to sata the DNC will make things smooth. All the best on your byakko test run.
 Asura.Eldevine
Server: Asura
user: Eldevine
By Asura.Eldevine 2010-08-31 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
as soon as i say im trolling they stop posting. "reverse psychology" and im the stupid one he?

but on another note dnc can can deal more dmg per ws than pld @ 80 and can tank for the pt and hate does not need to be bounced around un less a blm magic bursts

I had to stop reading this thread cuz it's stupidity has gone way over the line to be amusing.

And srsly... have u EVER heard of atonement? DNC WS for 750 on anything worthwhile?... *giggles*
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-08-31 11:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt read anything in this but I'm still going to post.

Who still uses pld? Any job is a better tank than pld caus if you're using pld at all except for very select fights you're a tool.

Dancer is > PLD in the context of merit pts and simliar situations.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-08-31 11:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
What is the point in trying to tank on DNC? >_>
we r a small shell that lowman stuff n the only pld i have beside me is workin the most time we go farming n as for myself i am lock mostly on rdm blm or brd. whenever my mage will have finish to merit there job ill b able to go back pld tho i dont love the job anymore like i used to. so dnc is a great alternative to tank
Leviathan.Aneu said:
I think you missed the joke, but on a serious note even a good PLD loses hate on Byakko easily at 80 cap, at 85 cap it will be even easier since Byakko's evasion will be floored even with pretty halfass DDs due to level correction + 25 more skill levels.

XD my friend told me he wanna try to solo byakko at lv99. ill try to record the fight if he ever attempt it
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-31 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On anything that needs a tank will you be able to land hits or hit for more than 0 enough to keep tp gain high enough for cures when you are sporting full pdt gear?

Fan Dance: "Physical Damage Mitigation is 90% and goes down by 10% with every successfully landed monster attack until reduced to 20% where it will stay for the duration or until recast." With full merits you have this every 3 mins, 90% is great but for quick attacking mobs it will be reduced to 20% in most likely less than 30secs. 20% is still a great bonus but is it enough?

Dnc's only CE gaining skills are cures and tbh their VE skills suck too. @80 VE and CE enmity modifiers are reduced even more so keeping CE hate is even harder with curing. You loose CE when you get hit and depending on your max HP you are likely to loose most of what you gain in a cure in a matter of a couple of hits. You have access to +42 enmity (+45 if your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to use a staff). Plds have +87 available. Granted neither job is likely to have all of it. Pld has a huge advantage in enmity generation on all levels and they still have trouble keeping hate on many things.

What happens when ***hits the fan? What abilities do you have to keep you alive when things go badly?

How quickly can you get back hate? SE is having a ton of fun giving mobs partial and full hate resets. When it resets all of your hard earned hate and starts flattening the mages what can you do to get it back?

With enough support and gear sets just about anyone can tank but saying they are better is a matter of practice. If it can be done, I am certain there are people who will manage it. The real question is, how is it in practice. Does it work and is it better or is it just that it can work and requires an annoying amount of special effort and longer fights.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-08-31 11:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this... list the jobs of everyone who can make the Byakko, and I'm sure someone here will list a proper lowman setup for you. You're not going to make DNC tank work more than likely. If you do it will be an extremely sloppy and/or slow kill to accommodate the fact that DNC really has no CE or VE tools that are spammable.

Without proper stuns and relying solely on PDT for damage mitigation, it's impossible to keep CE value above 0 with his TA rate since everytime you're hit for >0 you lose CE. 1500 VE is Kaeko's listed value for a 2 FM Animated Flourish, I believe VE decays at 60VE/second? With a 30 second recast your VE from AF would be completely diminished in 25 seconds, 5 seconds before it's up again. TA'd weaponskills won't do much to alleviate the lack of VE or CE tools since VE decays so rapidly, CE is impossible to keep above 0 in your scenario (unless you're double mambo+blind or something to have a decent evade rate) and TA is on a 1 minute timer (not spammable). You're honestly better off having the THFs try to tank than using DNC.

On a side note if you're really desperate for Byakko loot come 85 cap the bar for RDM/NINs to duo it (See Avesta video) will be lowered since you can compensate for gimpier gear with the additional 25 skill we're getting. Of course this requires two RDM/NIN who aren't idiots and cooperate/communicate together well (Don't composure buff at same time for example, so if Bind breaks the non-composured RDM can bind without recast penalty) and ***like that. >_>
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-31 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, DNC is an awesome tank*

*in a low-man situation with the proper support.
 Bismarck.Enzoe
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2010-08-31 12:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

no

but they sure do solo better
 Sylph.Biginallways
Server: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-08-31 12:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this a legitimate question? If so, consult your nearest physician as soon as possible.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-08-31 12:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy *** ..... A wild pikachu appears

Catch that ***but first weakin him with your 3hit dnc build!

Edit- on a side note why when looking for pikachu pics did twillight pictures also pop up .....
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-31 12:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
Holy *** ..... A wild pikachu appears

Catch that ***but first weakin him with your 3hit dnc build!

While he's tanking Kirin?
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-08-31 12:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta catch them all XD
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-31 12:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Next Nabis thread: Summoner evasion tanking!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-31 12:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Next Nabis thread: Summoner evasion tanking!

BLM tanking with Mana Wall, Refresh II, Ballad II+III, Evoker's Roll, and Diabolos's Favor + Auto-Refresh gear?
By Barnabus 2010-08-31 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WEll, too add my 2 cents, I'm a full time pld and though i may use /dnc as a solo i have yet to see a dnc main tank as well as pld/war or /rdm. Dnc has great abilities ,but to main tank , which is what people have forgotten what pld is all about imoa, is a waste of the Dnc.Sure it can hold hate to a point but to be able to take the hits and defend the pt is what pld was created to be.Any well equiped and knowledgble player could and does constantly take enmity away from many just as well equiped and knowledgeble pld's out there.But to say Dnc is better is just looking for an argument over skill vs equipement and levels and area, situations, whatever. Have a good day :)
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-08-31 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The 3-hit thing was someone poking fun at Shamaya's DI blog entry I'm pretty sure, it only works with the 999 delay base relic dagger. DNC can't equip. It's a 3hit THF build. As far as his Kirin thread goes... Any DD can pull hate on Kirin without having to two hour like Nabis did, and for that matter a 2300 Steel Cyclone under Mighty Strikes is pretty pathetic for someone who prides himself on his WAR.
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-31 12:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Barnabus said:
WEll, too add my 2 cents, I'm a full time pld and though i may use /dnc as a solo i have yet to see a dnc main tank as well as pld/war or /rdm. Dnc has great abilities ,but to main tank , which is what people have forgotten what pld is all about imoa, is a waste of the Dnc.Sure it can hold hate to a point but to be able to take the hits and defend the pt is what pld was created to be.Any well equiped and knowledgble player could and does constantly take enmity away from many just as well equiped and knowledgeble pld's out there.But to say Dnc is better is just looking for an argument over skill vs equipement and levels and area, situations, whatever. Have a good day :)

All I can say is duck and cover, you didn't mention /nin in there... You're about to get flamed as well. Lol...
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-08-31 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
How about this... list the jobs of everyone who can make the Byakko, and I'm sure someone here will list a proper lowman setup for you. You're not going to make DNC tank work more than likely. If you do it will be an extremely sloppy and/or slow kill to accommodate the fact that DNC really has no CE or VE tools that are spammable.

Without proper stuns and relying solely on PDT for damage mitigation, it's impossible to keep CE value above 0 with his TA rate since everytime you're hit for >0 you lose CE. 1500 VE is Kaeko's listed value for a 2 FM Animated Flourish, I believe VE decays at 60VE/second? With a 30 second recast your VE from AF would be completely diminished in 25 seconds, 5 seconds before it's up again. TA'd weaponskills won't do much to alleviate the lack of VE or CE tools since VE decays so rapidly, CE is impossible to keep above 0 in your scenario (unless you're double mambo+blind or something to have a decent evade rate) and TA is on a 1 minute timer (not spammable). You're honestly better off having the THFs try to tank than using DNC.

On a side note if you're really desperate for Byakko loot come 85 cap the bar for RDM/NINs to duo it (See Avesta video) will be lowered since you can compensate for gimpier gear with the additional 25 skill we're getting. Of course this requires two RDM/NIN who aren't idiots and cooperate/communicate together well (Don't composure buff at same time for example, so if Bind breaks the non-composured RDM can bind without recast penalty) and ***like that. >_>
as i told b4 we have a pld tank in the shell but mostly work when we go farm n i alrdy fought byakko b4 so i kno how to kill it. its sumthing we wanna try not make it fulltime dnc tank. the dnc is /war which mean he dont use AF to keep stun rdy n use provoke instead.

none is desperate as hell to get byakko haidate, i had to stop events this summer due to health otherwise every1 would had one by now. we had 4 byakko haidate drop so far in ~10fight but sadly 3 ppl that got them had to stop playing for RL n im happy for them; im the 4th owner of haidate. only kirin we cant attempt atm.

we r a small shell that play together pretty well n aint afraid to try diff strat. as long ppl have fun n r happy idc if i have to farm another byakko pop cuz we fail with a dnc tank.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12