Player Warning: Ochun (Caitsith)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Caitsith » Player Warning: Ochun (Caitsith)
Player Warning: Ochun (Caitsith)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 14:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Endtanis said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Endtanis said:
First off, unless you have proof of the "you are the weakest link" comment, I'm calling bull; although from what I heard, he was the weakest link. Ochun is not really new player, as you say; If you consider R5 a "new player", then your son is on the same boat, as they're the same rank. They're in my LS, and we have been helping them with game and whatnot, but like I said, are not new to the game. With that being said, I've actually spoken to them, and funny enough, they have a story of their own.

Apparently, your son doesn't know how to play the job he chose to play; WAR. The party had actually been going for some time, and in the duration of the time he was in the party, he didn't provoke the mobs when he was supposed to and would go AFK in the middle of battles, thus causing the mages to pull hate while trying to cure/do their job, and they died 3 times. The decision to remove Hunteraspen (your son, which you neglected to mention), was a group decision, not just hers.

So, all in all, I am sorry your son was removed, but before they party on a job that is responsible for keeping people alive, you may want to educate them on how to properly play their job. When/if something like this happens again, find the facts and not go insta ragefest.

Good luck!

Since when do Ranks matter? What year is this?!

That's my exact point.

Quiet you, People who use Askar zuchetto don't get to talk.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-30 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
Caitsith.Misfit said:
Just wanted to give a heads up on this player. She is a female taru that goes by the name ochun. My son was in a party with her and some others and she kicked him just so she could bring in her friend. He was clueless to what happened. She sent him a tell saying u are the weakest link and then kicked him. He was very upset about it. My son is young and disabled. She is a new player and hangs out with a small group of newbs (nutshell and icho) to name a few. I found this very upseting, thats why im posting this. If u see her or get a party invite stear clear of this one. BAD NEWS. Thank You for reading and have fun everyone. Misfit

That's the first time I've actually laughed at a "cool story" meme~
 Caitsith.Visper
Server: Caitsith
user: Visper
By Caitsith.Visper 2010-08-30 14:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Misfit said:
Just wanted to give a heads up on this player. She is a female taru that goes by the name ochun. My son was in a party with her and some others and she kicked him just so she could bring in her friend. He was clueless to what happened. She sent him a tell saying u are the weakest link and then kicked him. He was very upset about it. My son is young and disabled. She is a new player and hangs out with a small group of newbs (nutshell and icho) to name a few. I found this very upseting, thats why im posting this. If u see her or get a party invite stear clear of this one. BAD NEWS. Thank You for reading and have fun everyone. Misfit

So he fits right in on FFXI right?

Honestly *** off with this player warning and get your son off the game.

Actually I'm more disturbed by this comment, just flat out mean, what right do you have to tell someone to get their disabled child off the game, we would probably be better off with you "off the game" its players like this that piss me off.

Ochun did what was best for the party, and I am sure that she had no idea your son was disabled and how it would have upset him or she probably wouldn't have done it. At least not without trying to give pointers etc, if he repeatedly did not listen after that then yes I would have to agree.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-30 14:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What I want to know is, what level was this party at?

After a certain level, you're expected to know how to play your job no matter who you are.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be provoking as a WAR unless someone was nearly dead or it was the dunes.

GTFO with WAR tank.
[+]
 Caitsith.Visper
By Caitsith.Visper 2010-08-30 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
What I want to know is, what level was this party at?

After a certain level, you're expected to know how to play your job no matter who you are.

Very true, I am going on the assumption it was low. Especially if they have a war tanking, so I'm thinking qufim??
 Caitsith.Endtanis
user: Endtanis
By Caitsith.Endtanis 2010-08-30 14:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a Qufim party.
 Caitsith.Visper
By Caitsith.Visper 2010-08-30 14:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there ya go, thanks end.
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-08-30 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In the absence of a PLD or NIN, the WAR should keep up with vokes. At least voke once per fight and extra voke if mob is running towards mages.

I'm not going to speculate on the mages side, but from my olden days XP parties in Qufim Island some mages overdo the CURE III or the nuking at beginning of fights, thus pulling too much hate + death to themselves. Give it sometime to let hate build up on Melees and then do your curing/nukings. I have always opted for /ma "Regen" <t> /wait 7 followed by /ma "Cure II" <t> macro.

[+]
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-30 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone can tank at those levels, including sam and mnk

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-30 15:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tanked qufim on war. Wouldn't be tanking if there's a better tank in party, just depends on the setup you have though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 15:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Hey everyone, -1 Flionheart because it means something.

lulz
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-30 15:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol qufim parties.
 Caitsith.Misfit
By Caitsith.Misfit 2010-08-31 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We have both said sorry to each other. This can be removed. This will be my last post on the boards. Ill be a man and admit i was in the wrong 4 going this far. Thank U and have fun Misfit.
 Caitsith.Judaine
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-31 14:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolyouguyswannacometomyservernow?
 Caitsith.Surreal
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-09-24 19:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow a Caitsith thread, I thought these didn't exist..