First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 17:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Any way to keep track of most blocked user? Maybe would help to make some people get the hint and finally stfu.

as others have alluded to, the personality type that usually ends up on block lists is generally the exact type of personality that would only be encouraged by being on some sort of most blocked list
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-23 17:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Any way to keep track of most blocked user? Maybe would help to make some people get the hint and finally stfu.

Then people would start aiming to be it so they'd be on a pedestal. Just asking for trolls to come to the site. If someone is truly unlikable, people will find out fast.
I usually know when someone doesn't like what I say by the most watched list lol.

Indeed. I made the bottom of it once, and that's without *** or arguing! :D
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 17:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:

Then people would start aiming to be it so they'd be on a pedestal. Just asking for trolls to come to the site. If someone is truly unlikable, people will find out fast.
This would pretty much be like pouring gasoline on a fire lol.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-23 17:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention if someone is blocked enough, they'll eventually leave the site since no one will read anything they say.

A "most blocked" feature would just make someone keep bothering new / lurking people to stay on top. It would become a competition.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-23 17:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Can we give korpg his accnt back now? So he can stop using that lame *** alias, which we all know is him anyways. He did make quite sincere apology too.and now people can block him, if they choose to, I find him amusing. Lol ppppppllllllzz
Sooooo how about it, lets vote.
/
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 17:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Can we give korpg his accnt back now? So he can stop using that lame *** alias, which we all know is him anyways. He did make quite sincere apology too.and now people can block him, if they choose to, I find him amusing. Lol ppppppllllllzz
/
Why does this bother you that much?
If he wants it back he can talk to Jaerik about it, nothing to discuss or vote on.
Not that voting would have done much anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-23 17:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really interested in engaging in further negotiations with/over someone who's been banned.

If we've banned a user, rest assured we have exhausted all options of talking it out already. In some notable cases, over years.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-08-23 17:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
This is a sad day... So much for just skipping past people. It takes more maturity and restraint to just ignore someone, but I guess now this saves the admins from needing to ban people when they can just say /bl. I guess ah.com does mimic the game. ;>.>
You're missing the point. I no longer have to wade through pages and pages of endless bull ***to actually find something pertinent to the thread. It has nothing to do with ignoring someone.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 17:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Malekith said:
This is a sad day... So much for just skipping past people. It takes more maturity and restraint to just ignore someone, but I guess now this saves the admins from needing to ban people when they can just say /bl. I guess ah.com does mimic the game. ;>.>
You're missing the point. I no longer have to wade through pages and pages of endless bull ***to actually find something pertinent to the thread. It has nothing to do with ignoring someone.

THIS JUST IN READING THE EMAILS IN YOUR SPAM FOLDER IS A SIGN OF MATURITY AND NOBLE EXERCISE IN SELF RESTRAINT
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-23 17:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
This could be a fun game hmm which 5 people can you block to make Ni only 500 pages long? : p

You'll need a lot more than that, lol.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 17:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Malekith said:
What about people like me that say thing relevant to the thread and then after the main point of the thread becomes derailed I derail?
There is no reason to stay on topic on a 10 page thread with a topic that is only worth 3.
Unless you come here for the 1337 hagun debates.
oh wait nvm they have the same problem.
a block filter isn't going to cover everything and if you wade through all the spam and ***rather than just skipping over it something is wrong there already.

really i'd say this would be most effective if it was multi-tiered with a global effect and a thread specific function.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 17:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
This could be a fun game hmm which 5 people can you block to make Ni only 500 pages long? : p

the only thing about this feature that makes me even slightly sad is it will mess up my plans for a page 9000 claim on Ni :(
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

the only thing about this feature that makes me even slightly sad is it will mess up my plans for a page 9000 claim on Ni :(
Won't do anything to mine :P
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-23 17:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
This is a sad day... So much for just skipping past people.
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 17:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Won't do anything to mine :P
nor mine.

But I don't think it will lower the page count though.

They still typed, their posts are still there, all that is missing is the ability to read what they said.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-23 17:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to be a family on this website, you had to put up with everyone and people were somewhat accountable for their posts :|
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 17:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
We used to be a family on this website, you had to put up with everyone and people were somewhat accountable for their posts :|
I can't take anything you say seriously with that dog picture.
Just saying.

But then again my charlie one doesn't help.

in regards to the whole block deal.
meh got people off their(admins/mods) back and doesn't effect what I do lol.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-23 18:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

that dog looks mortified lol

maybe not mortified.. unamused
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 18:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
We used to be a family on this website

wat
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-23 18:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
We used to be a family on this website

wat

people werent as lame atleast idk, ffxiah has become mainstream and perhaps it is time for such a feature :| but i will not be using it
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-23 18:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did notice an increase of nonsense over the year, but we sure had our fair share of useless posters. (can't say trolls since they sucked at it)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 18:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I did notice an increase of nonsense over the year, but we sure had our fair share of useless posters. (can't say trolls since they sucked at it)
It's because I started posting :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-23 18:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish you could block certain things. Banning the people who make fake player warnings should have been a higher priority than adding a blist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-23 18:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

/
Why does this bother you that much?
If he wants it back he can talk to Jaerik about it, nothing to discuss or vote on.
Not that voting would have done much anyway.
Bothers me cuz I hate mass censorship. I think to silence someone is wrong. Censorship should be left in the hands of the individual.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-23 18:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I wish you could block certain things. Banning the people who make fake player warnings should have been a higher priority than adding a blist.

lol really flion? Banning Jaerik is the top priority?

Fake player warnings are far more annoying than any individual.

I don't think Jaerik should be banned, but I think spam like that shouldn't be advocated :/

And certain people just linking a youtube video, then constantly quoting it (coughstanflameroxanna).

Spam pisses me off more than debate.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 18:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

lol really flion? Banning Jaerik is the top priority?

Fake player warnings are far more annoying than any individual.

I don't think Jaerik should be banned, but I think spam like that shouldn't be advocated :/

And certain people just linking a youtube video, then constantly quoting it (coughstanflameroxanna).

Spam pisses me off more than debate.

yeah, that actually annoyed me as well

stupid ***doesn't become clever just because a mod is the one who did it

but of course he had a million bootlickers fawning over it like he painted the mona lisa when they'd be screaming at anyone else for doing the exact same thing

and yes, the few beople on my bl are people who i consider to be spam

i didn't block anyone simply on the basis of disagreeing with them
[+]
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2010-08-23 18:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

when you block someone, will that person still be able to read your posts? if so...is there a way to make it so they don't?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-23 18:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deodate said:
when you block someone, will that person still be able to read your posts? if so...is there a way to make it so they don't?
I'm curious about this too.
Where are you Mr. Stress Test?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10