Forum » FFXI » General » Shaolin Belt Info
Shaolin Belt Info
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2010-08-22 13:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some good team set up to take down this NM Ovni?
Small groups to larger groups please post what you recommend for groups. Any other info that can take this beast down fast and what to watch out for and maybe have on hand like a potion or something. Thanks for any info :)
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
Server: Bismarck
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-08-22 15:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out for his Fluorescence > Ion Shower > melee attack combo. It uses all standard Yovra tp moves, though it didn't use Luminous Drape when I fought it. Bring a raise, you'll need it.

He's fairly resistant to damage, so bring good DDs (ranged / blm work fine). You'll need a few tanks and proper support. He doesn't hit *that* much harder than a standard om'yovra, but he'll tear you apart if you're not ready or slip up.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-22 15:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Manaburn it, don't bother with tanks. His pathing sucks. CORs are awesome for this fight if they have a good QD setup.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-22 15:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But is the Shaolin Belt really better than bullwhip for pup? I mean they are fairly close, but I think the 7% beats the +MA trait...Unfortunately its dropped from the same NM so this guy is gonna be highly camped :(.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-22 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What is his movement speed +%? Ice still the element of choice (ufo etc)?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 15:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
But is the Shaolin Belt really better than bullwhip for pup? I mean they are fairly close, but I think the 7% beats the +MA trait...Unfortunately its dropped from the same NM so this guy is gonna be highly camped :(.
No the MA alone wont beat 7 haste. But it haste your pet too which might do it
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-22 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured as much..might depend on the frame I guess and how much other pet haste you have (all I have are pup AF2 gloves..no spurrier). Hell I need a bullwhip anyways for sam/nin/etc/etc lol...Cant wait to find a solid strat for this sucker and get people together.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I figured as much..might depend on the frame I guess and how much other pet haste you have (all I have are pup AF2 gloves..no spurrier). Hell I need a bullwhip anyways for sam/nin/etc/etc lol...Cant wait to find a solid strat for this sucker and get people together.
From what I've read it seems easier to tank than normal ufos. Just harder to get dmg in. So I'd say a tank or 2 with a couple of support jobs and a whole bunch hard hitting spike dmg stuff. That doesn't rely on souleater or dread spikes lol. Bet blu/thf could do decent. Blms sorta. Keeping as many dots on would probably be pretty useful especially once regular dmg starts doing hardly anything
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-08-22 15:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppet to master dmg is always in favor of the master, i don't think it makes sense to lower master's potential dmg to increase the pet's. It is a nice belt if you are not engaging tho.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-22 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word out how to pop this UFO?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-22 16:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jicamakid said:
What are some good team set up to take down this NM Ovni?
Small groups to larger groups please post what you recommend for groups. Any other info that can take this beast down fast and what to watch out for and maybe have on hand like a potion or something. Thanks for any info :)

Level 90. mnkx2 rdm.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Junk.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Puppet to master dmg is always in favor of the master, i don't think it makes sense to lower master's potential dmg to increase the pet's. It is a nice belt if you are not engaging tho.
It depends on the amount.

It makes perfect sense to lower ones dmg by alittle to raise anothers dmg by alot. Assuming a haste of say 50% without belt in gear and spell and a 60 delay weapon the +MA is equivalent to about 2-3 haste.

But lower amounts of haste or weapon will make MA better in comparison. So will having higher amounts of MA when lvl caps increase
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-22 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well bullwhip is 7% haste, and Shaolin (to my understanding the -20 delay is roughly equal to 5% melee haste to the master) also has 3% pup haste... so 8% total haste if my understanding is close to accurate vs 7%... ya? Sounds like Shaolin might be better if your puppet is engaged a lot like rng frame (or melee, but i literally have never gotten to use it outside of skilling up in besieged :( )

edit: and pimp chan..plz cry somewhere else lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-22 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
From what I've read it seems easier to tank than normal ufos. Just harder to get dmg in. So I'd say a tank or 2 with a couple of support jobs and a whole bunch hard hitting spike dmg stuff. That doesn't rely on souleater or dread spikes lol. Bet blu/thf could do decent. Blms sorta. Keeping as many dots on would probably be pretty useful especially once regular dmg starts doing hardly anything
He paths like a *** blind person, run around on that raised ridge near where he pops and you'll see what I mean. Throw some mages and CORs at it.

As mentioned, Bullwhip should pretty much always outdo Shaolin... if the MA trait didn't lower TP/fist it might have been a different story in low buff situations but meh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 16:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure bullwhip is better... but cmon everyone is gunna want the bullwhip. While you could probably just sit in zone and buy one that would rot from whoever is killing for the other stuff.

So it is a nice option until you get your chance in line
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-22 18:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure bullwhip is better... but cmon everyone is gunna want the bullwhip. While you could probably just sit in zone and buy one that would rot from whoever is killing for the other stuff.

That would be dumb because, you know, swift belt is better unless you really are low on pdif which is kinda dumb at level 80 (well except for the retards that don't have a grasp on game mechanics and zerg AV with multiple minuets and eat meat because they "can").

Trophy item => trash it with nyzlulz gear. Also The goading belt is much better.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-22 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

That would be dumb because you know swift belt is better unless you really are low on pdif which kinda dumb at level 80. Trophy item => trash it with nyzlulz gear. Also The goading belt is much better.

What the *** are you smoking?

Unless I misread you.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-22 18:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

That would be dumb because you know swift belt is better unless you really are low on pdif which kinda dumb at level 80. Trophy item => trash it with nyzlulz gear. Also The goading belt is much better.

What the *** are you smoking?

Unless I misread you.

What the ***? Or are you comparing to shaolin?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-22 18:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He's comparing Swift to Shaolin.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 18:34:27