playing with the idea of changing server
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 13:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle is pretty much dead during EU prime time. And I'm getting tired of not getting anything done really.

I'm sure there's a few EU linkshells here though, as far as I know, most of them are dedicated EG ls's, which I'm not really intrested in. I dont mind doing shorter events, like Einherjar and limbus, but hours upon hours of sky/sea farming is a no thanks, as well as dynamis.

Because of work I only get maybe 2 hours per day that I can log on and play during weeks. And I refuse to dedicate my weekends to an online game. Ofcourse I do play at the weekends, but I wont cancel plans with friends because I happen to have dynamis on a saturday evening <.<

Basically what I wonder is if there's any EU heavy server out there, where you can log on at 5 PM CET and actually be able to shout for a bcnm/ksnm/isnm/nyzul/VNM/ToM or whatever and not find yourself shouting for 3 hours without a single respons, and where your shout is the only one in WG that isnt on japanese.

"Get better friends"

I only keep a few friends on my friendlist, mostly because I'm tired of the ppl that only send you /tells because they need your help, and they are never available when you ask them for help. And a lot of my friends either quit or changed servers a long time ago, which leaves me with NA friends who are never online when I am.

Not only is this game getting old and not so exciting anymore, but it's starting to get kind of lonely as well :(

tl;dr version

Basically what I wonder is if there's any EU heavy server out there, where you can log on at 5 PM CET and actually be able to shout for a bcnm/ksnm/isnm/nyzul/VNM/ToM or whatever and not find yourself shouting for 3 hours without a single respons, and where your shout is the only one in WG that isnt in japanese.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 13:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Never Shiva.

It has a fairly good EU (French and germans mainly) group, but most of the people kinda suck.

Not everyone, there are some really good players on Shiva... but the lol-players heavily out-weigh the good players.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 13:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so shiva is nono?

The sad thing though I have noticed with EU players (atleast on this server) is that if you put any 2 ppl that speaks the same language in the same linkshell, they will always speak in their own language when talking in ls. imo that is kind of rude. If they need a conversation that is too personal to keep it in english in the ls, they could just do it in /tells.

Other ppl have the same experience when it comes to EU players (not counting UK and other native english countries)
By Zekko 2010-08-18 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren is good
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-18 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Siren is good

Zanno... I'd want you to move here simple because you're a pretty cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything...

But with your EU time... I'd never see you :(
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 13:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Zekko said:
Siren is good

Zanno... I'd want you to move here simple because you're a pretty cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything...

But with your EU time... I'd never see you :(

:(

As always when beeing an EU player.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 13:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Never Shiva.

It has a fairly good EU (French and germans mainly) group, but most of the people kinda suck.

Not everyone, there are some really good players on Shiva... but the lol-players heavily out-weigh the good players.
<3 you too Fli :D
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-18 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh is perdy nice...not entirely sure about how it would be at 11 AM EST(5pm CET) but I usually see a good deal of people on most of the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Qua88 said:
Lol Zanno, was thinking exactly the same. I am from the Netherlands and on Carby as well. Right now if I want to party I have to be extremely lucky during EU primetime. Most of the times I'm ready to go to bed the NA people get online and I start getting invites for Abyssea.

Yeah I feel ya. I been shouting for hours and hours trying to get ppl for killing Tammuz. Today I shouted for little over 2 hours trying to get 2 more ppl (!!!) for under observation. I'm starting to think that carbuncle is the most EU unfriendly server there is. But I've always been here, ever since I first put my foot in windy woods wearing my little ? over my head.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 13:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Never Shiva.

You know me. To be fair there are a lot of LOL players on Shiva.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 13:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Never Shiva.

I agree, but to be fair I kinda think that rule applies everwhere...Can't imagine a server without tards... Oh wait that's called heaven.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 13:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Never Shiva.

I agree, but to be fair I kinda think that rule applies everwhere...Can't imagine a server without tards... Oh wait that's called heaven.

heh.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-18 13:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Qua88 said:
Lol Zanno, was thinking exactly the same. I am from the Netherlands and on Carby as well. Right now if I want to party I have to be extremely lucky during EU primetime. Most of the times I'm ready to go to bed the NA people get online and I start getting invites for Abyssea.

Yeah I feel ya. I been shouting for hours and hours trying to get ppl for killing Tammuz. Today I shouted for little over 2 hours trying to get 2 more ppl (!!!) for under observation. I'm starting to think that carbuncle is the most EU unfriendly server there is. But I've always been here, ever since I first put my foot in windy woods wearing my little ? over my head.

That's my trouble with server changing. I don't think I could ever leave Odin, because I've been here from my first day and there's too much sentimental value to go anywhere else. And what if my friends who quit came back? I'd never see them! ,~_~,
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-18 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till 14 comes out and in about a month after SE will prolly be forced to merge more servers. Don't wana pay to swap servers just so that you merge back w/ it. XD
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 14:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Wait till 14 comes out and in about a month after SE will prolly be forced to merge more servers. Don't wana pay to swap servers just so that you merge back w/ it. XD

Maybe you're right.

I don't really plan on playing XIV, so I might just stay at XI untli I either give up online games, or something else comes out.

I played alpha and wasnt impressed at all. I know i know, I have a friend that almost got pissed at me for saying that, "OMG!! its aplha!!!!!! things will be different later!!"

I know it's alpha lol, but I didnt like anything what so ever about it, not the graphic, not the game play, nothing :(

And then I wasnt able to download the beta version, so I kind of gave up on XIV all in all lol.

XI til the end for me!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 14:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and something I really miss these days are one or a couple of friends that likes to low man stuff. Low manning ***is fun, overkill not so much fun.

Was in a linkshell maybe 2 years ago that brought 14 people just to kill Ungur for a guy. They refused to start killing him with "only" the guy who wanted the boomerang and like 7 other people from the ls, but had everyone waiting til the whole ls was there <.<
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-08-18 14:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh has quite a large EU population. I have no idea whether any of them are any good at the game though.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-18 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

don't bother going to Ragnarok. we're *** and we don't need more ***. that would be *** that have *** that don't need *** cuz we're all fagging each other with our fagness.

if my grammar is so bad: no welcome on Ragna!

edit: Asura is pretty good with EU players. and i'm not talking about attention-***. there are really nice players at EU-peak-time and you can easily get a LS that is not absolutely lol!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 14:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
don't bother going to Ragnarok. we're *** and we don't need more ***. that would be *** that have *** that don't need *** cuz we're all fagging each other with our fagness.

if my grammar is so bad: no welcome on Ragna!

edit: Asura is pretty good with EU players. and i'm not talking about attention-***. there are really nice players at EU-peak-time and you can easily get a LS that is not absolutely lol!

A friend of mine, Neki, moved to ragnarok awhile ago. But she lives in taiwan, which isnt really EU time either lol. She enjoy ragnarok more than carby though, and says there's a lot more people online during her play hours.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-18 15:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Oh, and something I really miss these days are one or a couple of friends that likes to low man stuff. Low manning ***is fun, overkill not so much fun.

Was in a linkshell maybe 2 years ago that brought 14 people just to kill Ungur for a guy. They refused to start killing him with "only" the guy who wanted the boomerang and like 7 other people from the ls, but had everyone waiting til the whole ls was there <.<

you ain't never lowman no ***with me

i see how it is
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-18 15:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragna is okay but is declining a lot. Many people quit and mostly people stand around shouting in whitegate while picking their nose what idiot might buy their nyzul-isle shouts.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-18 20:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Gilgamesh has quite a large EU population. I have no idea whether any of them are any good at the game though.
They are mostly french...so no. =D
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-08-18 22:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.
You know you want to at least try "the worst ffxi server" once.

Well since its the biggest server out of all of them its pretty active all day long.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-19 00:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that Unicorn is much for EU primetime. I'm a night owl and on pacific time, and there is nothing but JP shouts... sorry I couldn't be more help :-(
 Fenrir.Tiaraa
Server: Fenrir
user: Tiaraa
By Fenrir.Tiaraa 2010-08-19 01:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of us on Fenrir, but we're a little hard to find. I thought I was one of the only ones until I found an EU shell.

Would defiantly recommend it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-19 01:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

you ain't never lowman no ***with me

i see how it is

Lowman Tammuz with me? :D
Fenrir.Tiaraa said:
There's a lot of us on Fenrir, but we're a little hard to find. I thought I was one of the only ones until I found an EU shell.

Would defiantly recommend it.

What kind of ls is this?

I've been in a EU shell once on carby, but it broke. For some reason they did stuff really late EU time, which didnt make much sense to me lol.
First Page 2