HQ Augmented Item Success?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » HQ Augmented Item Success?
HQ Augmented Item Success?
 Bahamut.Jobice
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-16 23:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a friend of mine have been duoing the Valley of Sorrows Augmented Item NM for a few weeks now. We are starting to notice a trend on better success rates. Its still random but we've noticed that if its an HQ item all the stats are positive with no negative stats at all. We need more tests and research so I decided to post on here and see if anyone else noticed this? The other day we got a Demon Helm+1 with Elemental Magic Skill+5.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 23:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm interesting. I've only augmented NQ things aside of Demon Helm+1, Mahatma, and Amemet+1; I tend to get a lot of neg stats on NQ though. Haven't gotten 1 augment without a neg stat besides the three HQ I've mentioned. It would be cool if this was actually the case.
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-16 23:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong, I've seen a Cerb Mantle +1 with -1 str.
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-16 23:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What were the + stats?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 23:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I got -2 str on an amemenet +1... that was it.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-08-16 23:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-16 23:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm seems we have been getting lucky then. We are also testing days of the week and moon phase.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 23:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can save you some time on days and moonphase.

I've done same exact strat, starting, killing and opening at same time of day, day of week, and moonphase (including which direction it was going) and have had wildly different results. Perhaps maybe if I factored in time of year too... but yeah that would take forever to get results and take alot more time to record
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-16 23:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it may have to do with the NM as well. Valley of Sorrows seem's to give better stats to Mage type equip. I could be reaching here. I really haven't tried to augment any of my Melee gear.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 23:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jobice said:
I think it may have to do with the NM as well. Valley of Sorrows seem's to give better stats to Mage type equip. I could be reaching here. I really haven't tried to augment any of my Melee gear.
That's just a coincidence. People started thinking that early on and therefore did that more making it seem more and more believable. But in reality more just came from there because more was done there.

I can say I've done over 100 mage peices and only gotten a mage stat of any kind (including just mp) 6 times. 2 and 3 int on weskit, 2 +mp -hp on weskit, a +31 int on demon helm+1 and a +2 MAB on demon helm +1...

Well unless you count the +3mnd -3int on demon helm I got.

On the other hand I've gotten str 6 times on weskit dex like 3-4 times etc.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 03:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jobice said:
That's just a coincidence. People started thinking that early on and therefore did that more making it seem more and more believable. But in reality more just came from there because more was done there.

I can say I've done over 100 mage peices and only gotten a mage stat of any kind (including just mp) 6 times. 2 and 3 int on weskit, 2 +mp -hp on weskit, a +31 int on demon helm+1 and a +2 MAB on demon helm +1...

Well unless you count the +3mnd -3int on demon helm I got.

On the other hand I've gotten str 6 times on weskit dex like 3-4 times etc.

Ugh I've done lots of mage ***on this character and had a ***load of bad luck. I either get resist blind of some sort or element+ like water+12... I have haven't had any 'good' augments except ratk+4 on a ruby ring but nothing I can use ._. My boyfriend gets all the good augments. Like STR+3 on behemoth ring... acc+ on Amemet+1. I obv need some of his luck rubbed off on me. I got STR-2 on ruby ring and CHR+2 :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-17 03:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I here you. I got 4 aquilos staffs with +12-15 water resist... in fact that was the only augment I got on them before I gave up cause they came out with trial ones.

Most my demon helms had dark resist too
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 03:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get INT+3 on weskit on my alt character but not the character I actually use on an every day basis...

My friend got INT+5 his first attempt :\ Oh how I hate people with good luck
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-17 03:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I managed to get INT+3 on weskit on my alt character but not the character I actually use on an every day basis...

Took me about 30 weskits to get my first int one (+3)... took about another 30 to get another (+2). I figure the odds are better augmenting something that is what I already use or close to it then getting another int one that is ALSO more than I already got.

Thank god teal pants have killed the price on mahatma pants lol
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 03:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Took me about 30 weskits to get my first int one (+3)... took about another 30 to get another (+2). I figure the odds are better augmenting something that is what I already use or close to it then getting another int one that is ALSO more than I already got.

Thank god teal pants have killed the price on mahatma pants lol

Oh no doubt, but then I was kinda regretting augmenting them so I coulda sold them when they were 200k and rebought for 40k D:
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-17 03:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh i got A mantle with -1STR, -1AGI, +1 DEX!

thats screwed that piece up for my corsair >.>