Forum » FFXI » General » Looking for xi disc for ps2 please help
Looking for xi disc for ps2 please help
 Shiva.Dwyte
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-08-15 06:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, my good rl friend just got a PS3 for his bday and wants to play ffxi again on it, we've been lookin around for a ps2 disc but cant find one new or used, then we saw on PoL's site that on the bottom doesnt even have PS logo shown..did they stop making it? Checked all big game stores n cant find it for ps2, just pc/xbox, any info on how to get will help, thanks
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-15 06:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of PS3 does he have? can't do it unless he got one that can play PS2 games (IE the old fat ones)
 Phoenix.Cell
Server: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-15 14:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all fat ones. Has to be the first ones. On original 60 had full ps2 backwards compatability as it had the hardware from the ps2, emotion engine, I think. After that they made an 80gb that software emulated ps2 games and had like 80% compatability with ps2 games.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-15 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cell said:
Not all fat ones. Has to be the first ones. On original 60 had full ps2 backwards compatability as it had the hardware from the ps2, emotion engine, I think. After that they made an 80gb that software emulated ps2 games and had like 80% compatability with ps2 games.

^

I really wish they woulda just stuck it on all PS3s, because honestly it's like a kick in the nuts just to say "haha u can playz ps2 gamez NOT!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Kojin
user: Ashitaka
By Leviathan.Kojin 2010-08-15 14:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same issue as you a few years ago, it seems they did stop making the games for ps2 quite a long time ago. And yes the links at the bottom of SE's page links you to sellers that don't even carry it. Best bet is to try Amazon/Ebay and try to land a new copy, if you can't and can only land a used one, buy a new pc game and register the codes for him then buy the used ps2 version to play on.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-15 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Phoenix.Cell said:

^

I really wish they woulda just stuck it on all PS3s, because honestly it's like a kick in the nuts just to say "haha u can playz ps2 gamez NOT!"

Prices and what not, especially with the 60gb. It takes a totally redesigned motherboard. As much as I wish they'd bring it back(thank god my BC system has no issues yet) I doubt they will be cause it'd take too much man power and capital for not enough output of product to mass produce systems with different boards. Maybe we'll get lucky one day and they'll release an update with total software emulation.