Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2
First Page 2 ... 37 38 39
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-10 14:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how many fans of Guild Wars we have here, but for me it will always have a special place in my heart. Guild Wars was a fast based CORPG (Co-operative RPG) with no subscription fees, and really fun PVP.

Well Guild Wars 2 is on the horizon, and BOY does that game look good.

Following the same pattern of having no subscription fees this game is going to take place 250 years later, on the content of Tyria.

The game is based around the same fast paced combat, with a few small changes ofc.

Here's a cool trailer to get you in the mood for it.

*Note: Everything is real time, Even though it looks like A cutscene, it's gameplay.

I'll be playing this along side XIV.
[+]
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-08-10 15:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Will play GW2 too, GW is a beautiful game with a lot of options in PvP/PvE.
It's very funny to try your own/pvx wiki builds out and play some PvP/PvE content with it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-10 15:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Will play GW2 too, GW is a beautiful game with a lot of options in PvP/PvE.
It's very funny to try your own/pvx wiki builds out and play some PvP/PvE content with it.

Yes it was ^^ I remember I had a really powerful Dervish build, and I won random arenas a lot :D
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-08-10 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

this looks amazing, god i can't wait until it comes out. i'm not sure if i should play it alongside XIV or just GW2... i'm so psyched!! has there been any word on the beta yet?
 Sylph.Taruzard
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2010-08-10 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guild Wars 2 ftmfw
I cant decide whether to play both or not either :/ :x xD
my mains were Aerie Swiftarrow (Ranger) Monkey the Small (Monk) and Kiara Lightblade (Warrior) if anyone here somehow knows me, haha
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-08-10 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

after how long of waiting its finally close to release
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2010-08-10 15:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the re-do of the original start up theme on the character select BACK IN THE DAY. It's nostalgic from when I first started a little after beta :3
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-10 15:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

... Epic dragon fight looks EPIC. The first Guild Wars was kinda "meh" to me after a few days... 2 looks amazing though :\

So torn! Hate you Flion for posting this! :D
 Bahamut.Godbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Godbringer 2010-08-10 15:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't WAIT. Been camping their blog to read THEORY of gameplay... not just "omgpurty" graphics!

Cartwright/Izzy said:
Overall, we expect our content to be the driving force behind how long it takes to do things in-game. Anyone can increase the length of an experience bar and call it content, but our world is filled with an almost endless stream of things to do. We expect content—not long, grindy progression—to be the deciding factor that keeps people playing our game.

I love you arenanet.

The Healing and Death gameplay sounds pretty awesome too.. nvm. all of it does.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-10 16:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruzard said:
Guild Wars 2 ftmfw
my mains were Aerie Swiftarrow (Ranger) Monkey the Small (Monk) and Kiara Lightblade (Warrior) if anyone here somehow knows me, haha

The name Kiara Lightblade sounds familiar :o

My mains were Stephen Leonheart (Ele) Bongo head (Monk) Dervish on Toast (Dervishlol) The Midgar Zolom (Necro) Elmos Watching You (Ranger).
Sylph.Taruzard said:
I like the re-do of the original start up theme on the character select BACK IN THE DAY. It's nostalgic from when I first started a little after beta :3

And yup, as soon as that music came on I got such a huge wave of nostalgia that The hairs stood up on the back of my neck and I was grinning so much :D
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2010-08-10 19:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Taruzard said:
Guild Wars 2 ftmfw

The name Kiara Lightblade sounds familiar :o

My mains were Stephen Leonheart (Ele) Bongo head (Monk) Dervish on Toast (Dervishlol) The Midgar Zolom (Necro) Elmos Watching You (Ranger).
Sylph.Taruzard said:

And yup, as soon as that music came on I got such a huge wave of nostalgia that The hairs stood up on the back of my neck and I was grinning so much :D

The Midgar Zolom is familiar, xD
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-08-10 23:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff currently works for Arenanet and we talked about this video today. Keep an eye on this title. :)
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-08-11 00:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they tease the leveling grind....

no subscription fees!? I'm sold! lol
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-08-11 01:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fable promised me the same things..... twice...... :(

I'm skeptical.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 09:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Cliff currently works for Arenanet and we talked about this video today. Keep an eye on this title. :)

Wow that's awesome! Any little hints you can drop for us XD

I'm a huge Guild Wars fan as is, I did all the end-game in the first game, and I'm itching for more!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [185 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-02-12 20:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not massive (or specific xD) news, but bumping for the great justice.

Guild Wars 2 closed alpha and beta tests in 2011.

So pumped for this game, it is looking fantastic so far. My favourite thing about the first game was the artwork, so lord only knows what the second has in store for us. /psyche
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-12 20:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Baleoce said:
Not massive (or specific xD)news, but bumping for the great justice.

So pumped for this game, it is looking fantastic so far. My favourite thing about the first game was the artwork, so lord only knows what the second has in store for us. /psyche

I can't wait either, any race/class combinations you plan on playing?

At first I think I'm going to roll Human Elementalist because my first character in GW1 was a fire mage. I want to be Sylvari Warrior, Charr Guardian, Norn Necromancer and Asuran Ranger.

I cannot wait for this game, the artwork looks incredible too.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-12 20:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Baleoce said:
Not massive (or specific xD)news, but bumping for the great justice.

I can't wait either, any race/class combinations you plan on playing?

At first I think I'm going to roll Human Elementalist because my first character in GW1 was a fire mage. I want to be Sylvari Warrior, Charr Guardian, Norn Necromancer and Asuran Ranger.

I cannot wait for this game, the artwork looks incredible too.

i used to have a ranger/trapper for the underworld that ***was fun.also had an invincimonk too for farming that ***was funny lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-12 20:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

55 monk? I did that too, 55/SS was awesome for picking up shards in the underworld, got a few black dyes too.

I enjoyed fissure of woe too, that was hella fun to complete with competent people.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-14 05:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
55 monk? I did that too, 55/SS was awesome for picking up shards in the underworld, got a few black dyes too.

I enjoyed fissure of woe too, that was hella fun to complete with competent people.

ow the nostalgia lol,i forgot invincimonk's proper name was 55/ss...its been a while since i played.

did you ever duo the underworld with ranger trapper setup? that stuff was crazy fun

Edit:i used to farm ecto plasma or something like that,those pink pearl looking things,they sold very well for good money.

i keep thinking about my guilds account wondering if i should sell it,give it away or play again.heard they nerfed ranger trapper tho which is offputting
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-02-22 20:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I never played the frirst one. But I am excited to play this one. I never done a pvp before, I don't count ffxi as pvp lol. I hope soloing will be fun!
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-03-11 09:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.justin.tv/alienwarearena#/w/954784608

PAX east 2011, live stream. gogo
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-11 10:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Old friend of mine from HS that I played guild wars with sent me a text the other day ironically and asked me to fire up my old Pre character and level to cap. Brought back a lot of good memories and makes me even more excited for this launch.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-11 11:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do runs, at .. jeez cant remmeber the name of the places.. but they were at the statues... anyway, used to do a spirit ranger/monk build and then a trapper ranger build too... had a beast master ranger build for some gold farming and green farming at the fortress..

its been so long since ive played i forget all the names of teh locations lol
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-11 11:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
I used to do runs, at .. jeez cant remmeber the name of the places.. but they were at the statues... anyway, used to do a spirit ranger/monk build and then a trapper ranger build too... had a beast master ranger build for some gold farming and green farming at the fortress..

lol we should all get on sometime and go do some stupid ***....to bad they nerf'd barrage rng :/ Was my best geared...other than that I had a decent farming Warrior....I wish I had done the 55 monk or nec when they were out....also kinda interested in pulling a 17 nec i had started as a MM and playing it some....Good times.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-11 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta say the new Thief looks kinda cool...hopefully it's better than Assassin was.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-11 12:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

lol we should all get on sometime and go do some stupid ***....to bad they nerf'd barrage rng :/ Was my best geared...other than that I had a decent farming Warrior....I wish I had done the 55 monk or nec when they were out....also kinda interested in pulling a 17 nec i had started as a MM and playing it some....Good times.

55 was a fun build to run I think I have an old video of me running it...

Ramuh.Urial said:
I gotta say the new Thief looks kinda cool...hopefully it's better than Assassin was.

Assassin was situational, if people didn't play it like WAR it was an incredibly potent DD with some good survivability. And when Shadow form was around is was the best tank, period.

I'm looking forward to Thief, it seems multi utility which is always fun.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 10:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

initial world map
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 10:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And if we have anybody else that's interested

There's an hour long overview of the game explaining things like personal story, dynamic events and other goodies.

PAX2011
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-03-21 15:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm following them on Facebook. Getting lots of great info from it. I finally DL'd GW1 trial. Its pretty fun. The Necromancer job is very involved, but on the other hand Warrior was kinda boring.

a question... can the game be played using a controller like ff11? im so used to that style i have a hard time using the hotkeys and whatnot. (mainly a console player, but since its not going to a console i better learn quick)
First Page 2 ... 37 38 39