KS99s Not Worth It Anymore!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » KS99s not worth it anymore!?!
KS99s not worth it anymore!?!
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-09 14:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. iv been working on this for quite some time. iv been trying to get my black belt for several years now. been saving up my Kindred seals for a wile. i have a little over 600 now! and have been trying to get groups to do KS99 runs. for the loot that drops in the pools. and of the 3 main BB KS99 runs i can't find anybody to do anything else other then the early bird gets the wyrm one. i constantly get reply saying. its not worth it. there's not enough rewards and all this jazz... I'm offering EVERYTHING minus the black belt item... and still can't get help...

my thoughts was. should SE revamp old BCNMs by adding new things. making them worthwhile for people looking for new items... heck even items needed for trial weapons would bring a lot more to wanting to do the KS99s... to the point. this
makes MNKs getting black belt nearly imposable unless there pockets are deep enough to pay HNMLSs to get them off the kings... and i don't exactly like the idea of mindlessly killing things or doing something i HATE doing for weeks on end. getting engulf gil to do so... i HATE farming long periods. I'm OK if i just need a 100k or so amount. ~4m each totaling 12 mil... that would literally take months on end of contentiously farming

think SE should add new spoils to the old BCNMs?
also if you are interested doing KS99 turtle or behemoth
send me a PM or in-game /tell @ Danz of Bismarck
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-09 14:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the quickest way is to pay a HNM shell for the items as they do all these runs everyday, and not KS99.

Use your KS to get the gil as there are some that guarantee gil returns solving your hate of farming.

This is just based on the fact you said you've been trying to get a BB in several years.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 14:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The fights supposedly aren't capped at 75. Take a few friends and do the fights with a small group, shouldn't be that hard given that every single one of them was lowmannable at 75...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-09 14:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

that was my second option.. but yuck on the whole pickup group thing... don't like pickup groups

can't trust some people and others just f**k the runs up for ya

1 attempt at a pickup group for royal ramble ended up having a PLD that didn't know how to hold hate for crap.. and a RDM that AFKed as soon as we entered one fight and didn't tell anyone...

any static groups doing royal ramble at least once a week id be happy to join! :D

got (80MNK with occ. atk. twice and dune boots)
79 BLM with staple gear.
79 THF with staple gear.
75 PLD with decent gear but not my best job
75 RNG with staple gear - buck belt
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 14:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
that was my second option.. but yuck on the whole pickup group thing... don't like pickup groups
You have no friends?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-09 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i joined the game a LONG time ago with a few IRL buddys. but they moved on and don't play anymore. most of my friends that aren't IRL. are too busy and can't help for god knows what made up reasons...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 21:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk still do wyrm. I mean 5 more lvls means alot more natural resist all so you could theoretically have 1 pt do it fully resisting all fire shots in more or less normal standing gear. And well 6 haste on a belt is still pretty hot
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-09 21:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Horns is easy as hell. My group killed it with 13 people tonight in 4ish mins. Wyrm, easily doable with 8~10 probally less with no problem. Hills can be a pain if you don't have the magic damage. but yeah. I would personally say hills is the hardest if you lack Blm/Sch.

That being said I just finish my Black Belt with all KS99 items last week.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 21:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrm has been done with 6 a long time ago. According to wiki players have a base resistance equivalent to capped C rank skill which means at 80 we would have 25 more resistance than at 75... supposedly only took 210-220 to fully resist the fire. 130 from whm, 25 from 5 more lvls, 50 from brd... almost get there without gear.

Add in stuff like stoneskinga and/or phalanxga now
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-10 11:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

the drop rates on the BB items is really bad in ks99. Let's say you're lucky and get one every 5 run(I only saw two in about 20 runs). That's 1500 kindred seals spent for the three items.

Pro tip: instead, use only 600 of those seals to do 20 Royal gambles, AH them for 20*300k=6 millions and buy the 3 BB items from HNM LSes this way.

KS99 have always been a waste of time/seals considering the time they take to put together, and that most rewards are crap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly 2010-08-10 11:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:

1 attempt at a pickup group for royal ramble ended up having a PLD that didn't know how to hold hate for crap..

It's been a while since I've done RR, but if I'm not mistaken, they use a TP move that resets hate. You may look better if you got your facts straight when looking for help.
Bismarck.Danz said:
Bismarck.Danz said:
and have been trying to get groups to do KS99 runs. for the loot that drops in the pools. and of the 3 main BB KS99 runs i can't find anybody to do anything else other then the early bird gets the wyrm one. i constantly get reply saying. its not worth it. there's not enough rewards and all this jazz... I'm offering EVERYTHING minus the black belt item... and still can't get help...

Huh?!?!?

Before I get called a troll...I'll add my personal experience with this in an attempt to help.

I tried to make/join shout groups as well...from my experience, it's either impossible to start a group, or if you do get enough interest, people will start leaving around the 2nd or 3rd run because they used their orb, or they watched someone that used their orb leave and the group would have to wait to try to get a replacement.
I ended up killing turtle with a friend, NQ is easy to duo, solo some jobs as well. Behemoth is easily duoable as well, but competition may be greater. Fafnir was always camped, I don't know how much since the last update, but I'm assuming a decent amount still. This is the one item you will probably have to purchase if you're not in an hnmls. My best advice though, when looking to purchase items from a ls, don't just pay what they're asking for, bargain with them...especially if you're the only person there who needs the item. They would rather get 100k than watch it fall to the ground. This is exactly what happened to me for my behemoth tongue. I got my BB for 1.1m, and a little bit of patience (paid 1m for beard).
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-10 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
the drop rates on the BB items is really bad in ks99. Let's say you're lucky and get one every 5 run(I only saw two in about 20 runs). That's 1500 kindred seals spent for the three items.

Pro tip: instead, use only 600 of those seals to do 20 Royal gambles, AH them for 20*300k=6 millions and buy the 3 BB items from HNM LSes this way.

KS99 have always been a waste of time/seals considering the time they take to put together, and that most rewards are crap.

I actually have to agree on this.

KS99s are just a real pain, much easier to just get a HNMls to merc it for you.

I still need to farm KS to do some RR.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-08-10 12:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I have mixed feelings about this. I've seen over a 50% drop rate on the Egg from Hills (4/6 eggs a week ago with LS), and I've always heard that is about a 50% drop. I'm 2/3 on my items now, missing the tongue. The bad thing is that on Bahamut... there is 1 JP LS that monopolizes the HNM scene with position hacks, HQ bots and ***like that (Anyone on Bahamut knows I'm talking about Box's LS). He would rather an HNM item hit the floor then sell it for below his asking cost (Their asking cost is 3mil per item). Even if you offer them some trade that works in their favor... they wont do it unless you have gil in hand... (I offered 2.5mil AND Hermes' Sandals [going for 900k-1mil on Bahamut] and they still refused).

I know I'm taking a risk with getting my Black Belt, but I have a friend that is popping a KS99 orb with his LS tonight, and they are letting me come as a guest... I get the Black Belt item if it drops for free because its a gift from friend. If it pays off, then I will have gotten Black Belt for 99 Seals and 500k (paid an LS for Wyrm Beard that was doing KS99s)