To An Indecisive Individual
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-09 04:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Best advice I can give will probably fall on many deaf ears:

Keep it simple.

FFXI is a game, not a lifestyle. I believe the reason so many players quit and return (some multiple times; evidence that they do not learn from mistakes) is that FFXI players too easily allow themselves to get overwhelmed by goals and ambitions ... and S-E's design historically takes advantage of this to the hilt.

If you want to get attached to your character and the game, you've got to treat it like a girlfriend that you want to commit to for years. Take things one step at a time, proceed faithfully but gradually, and stay devoted to keeping time for yourself.
Too many players dive in the deep end headfirst without checking the water. Like a one-night steamy hot love affair. Exciting and invigorating, but ultimately empty and meaningless. Seems perfect at the start, but S-E is a cruel lover: HNM windows, Salvage drop rates, cooldown timers on events, artificial delays inserted into quest/missions. Instead of lying in bed in her underwear blissfully in the light of the sunrise while you slip out the door ... S-E the lover ties a cord around your nuts and pulls it tight, laughing at your surprise while you notice her fanged teeth and forked tongue for the first time ...

Pardon my rambling analogy. The point is: set *realistic* goals for your character, and knock them off, one a time, gradually, keeping more time for yourself than w/ the game. If you treat the game like you've got to get to know it, rather than just being all horny and going in balls-deep on the first date ... you will achieve much greater long-term satisfaction ... and the "connection" you desired in the OP.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-09 04:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Oh I don't seriously expect 1.5m to get me to 75 or farther, it was simply a matter of sustaining myself until I hit a point where I can make my own comfortable income. I rather not hit level 10 then spend a week farmin beehive chips and silk to get the next line of crap. So I'm getting it all prepared early.

Typically around 60 is when I can fend for myself gil-wise, give or take?

only way i ever got gil was botfishing on multiple accounts and npcing the proceeds :/

i mean you could level a craft @ level 1 theoretically, but i'm guessing the only craft that really makes gil these days is alchemy?

you're honestly talking to the wrong person when it comes to legit gilmaking :/

The beauty of dual boxing is I don't have to worry about anyone's gear judgmenet but my own until I make it up high. So I can get my levels barebones and reeping in solo exp decently, but ideally I wanna gain a better sense of control and go with parties, especially if I wanna make new friends.

Anyways here's what my job line up looks like for the new guys, tell me whatcha think:

Main
----
WAR MNK SAM DRG DRK PLD

Support
-------
WHM RDM BRD COR SCH SMN

Also need some ideas for a taru girl name. Schala is taken on both servers sadly, so I'll have to find something else cool and girly.

i think we've got different goals/ideas about the game. i would never want to level multiple straight dd's on one character. i would rather pour all of my gil/merits into one job to create an above average WAR or SAM then split my gil/merits five ways and have mediocre WAR MNK SAM DRG and DRK that all essentially do the same thing. if you're doing it for the pure fun of playing the job, then mabye so?

um, if you want to make gil legit, i'd strongly consider levelling thf instead of one of those dd clone jobs. even crafting, i bet TH would be a big help.

a brd/whm and nin/dnc can duo a lot of things in ffxi. if your support character is a bard, a nin would make for an awesome dual-boxing combination.

one of my major regrets about going WAR BRD PLD is that i have minimal solo capability. you'd have redmage, but nin and bard would also be really nice in a lot of situations.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 04:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bad habit in going in over my head. Ideally I should keep things as tight as possible, leveling no more than 4 classes per character, and specializing in no more than 2.

However, I have a great thirst for things I want to do in game still, and unfortunately this gives that "eyes are bigger than your stomach" kinda thing.

But the one true, main objective I wish to do before I quit FFXI for good is to record all major cutscene storylines using recording software to in essence make little FFXI movies for RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WoG, the mini add-ons and so on.

Something to fuel my unyielding nostalgia should the day come when FFXI is no more for me or everyone for that matter.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-09 04:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I take breaks, and try new jobs. That is likely why it took me so long to get to 75 the first time. When I got frustrated with blm I would switch to something else and try that out for awhile.
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-09 04:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
I have a bad habit in going in over my head. Ideally I should keep things as tight as possible, leveling no more than 4 classes per character, and specializing in no more than 2. However, I have a great thirst for things I want to do in game still, and unfortunately this gives that "eyes are bigger than your stomach" kinda thing.

Which mage jobs are you eyeing for your specialty for your support character?
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 04:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Best advice I can give will probably fall on many deaf ears:

Keep it simple.

FFXI is a game, not a lifestyle. I believe the reason so many players quit and return (some multiple times; evidence that they do not learn from mistakes) is that FFXI players too easily allow themselves to get overwhelmed by goals and ambitions ... and S-E's design historically takes advantage of this to the hilt.

If you want to get attached to your character and the game, you've got to treat it like a girlfriend that you want to commit to for years. Take things one step at a time, proceed faithfully but gradually, and stay devoted to keeping time for yourself.
Too many players dive in the deep end headfirst without checking the water. Like a one-night steamy hot love affair. Exciting and invigorating, but ultimately empty and meaningless. Seems perfect at the start, but S-E is a cruel lover: HNM windows, Salvage drop rates, cooldown timers on events, artificial delays inserted into quest/missions. Instead of lying in bed in her underwear blissfully in the light of the sunrise while you slip out the door ... S-E the lover ties a cord around your nuts and pulls it tight, laughing at your surprise while you notice her fanged teeth and forked tongue for the first time ...

Pardon my rambling analogy. The point is: set *realistic* goals for your character, and knock them off, one a time, gradually, keeping more time for yourself than w/ the game. If you treat the game like you've got to get to know it, rather than just being all horny and going in balls-deep on the first date ... you will achieve much greater long-term satisfaction ... and the "connection" you desired in the OP.

That's a good way of putting it, and I think that was part of the problem my first time around. And unfortunately I can't exactly go back and smell the roses on my main character. It would in essence be simply looking at an old photograph rather than actually being there to enjoy it. Hence my ambition to start over. But I can assure you this time around it will be at my own pace and will be more of a walk on the beach rather than a 100-yard dash like everyone treated it before.

Siren.Temeraire said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
I have a bad habit in going in over my head. Ideally I should keep things as tight as possible, leveling no more than 4 classes per character, and specializing in no more than 2. However, I have a great thirst for things I want to do in game still, and unfortunately this gives that "eyes are bigger than your stomach" kinda thing.

Which mage jobs are you eyeing for your specialty for your support character?

Probably will focus primarily on WHM & BRD, having RDM & SCH on the side. COR would be nice just strictly for support options. Although I don't think I could handle controlling a ranged DD along with my main character. Even with all the fancy third party methods of control, it would still be a pain, hence why it'll probably be decked out with MP and sub WHM and just roll the die.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-09 04:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
I have a bad habit in going in over my head. Ideally I should keep things as tight as possible

This is exactly what I was referring to in my previous post.

Know thyself. And then don't ignore what you know.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-09 04:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You need BLM sub for WHM until you get high enough for SCH sub to be more useful (70 I think?). Won't really need anything other than WHM for BRD sub unless doing endgame I think.

RDM and SCH are fun jobs to play. Not a bad combo to have on the side. Both can make use of BLM sub, too.

I'd stay away from SMN unless you are really dedicated to leveling it. It is painfully slow to level unless you burn it. You can solo or PL duo at any level with it, tho. You would need to level RDM, BRD, or COR on your other character to PL duo. Even then, you'd be more effective duoing with a BST until 40+.

IMHO, do COR on your main if it is to be melee heavy. It would definitely make leveling SMN easier if you are dedicated to that job and don't want to burn it.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 04:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner was always really appealing to me, especially since that was a big focus point for many previous single player Final Fantasies. The lore and elemental variety and characterization of each element with the avatars always made me wanna play it. However, I am unsure of it's practicality in a duo/endgame sense, however, leveling it would be relatively easy since I will in essence constantly be with myself in a party so to speak.

Might even make a spectacular support/DD role for myself with Avatar's Favor bonuses and new BPs out.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-09 04:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It is an awesome job if you want to solo/duo things at endgame levels. You can duo a lot of sky trigger NMs with a skilled RDM.
You can duo Xolotl with several jobs. Voluptuous Vivian can be duo'd if you can avoid the aggro. There are several others.

Before level 40, SMN is hard to chain with bc you are constantly having to restore MP. From 40 onward, you start getting refresh skills and -perp cost gear and it gets a lot easier to level in duo. The only exception to this that I have found is BST, which can work very well with SMN duo at low levels.

Once you get Spirit Taker, a SMN in duo with a refresher can use all its avatars and take on just about anything that can be duo'd for XP. This works best with THF sub for SMN.

SMNs need to kite and they are limited as healers, so it's not a very good idea to try duoing with a melee.

SMNs are very good at chaining bombs and can take on VTs solo. But keep a zone right behind you bc they don't always explode when you want them to.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 04:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so summoner seems to be the primary form of taking on the mobs as opposed to having the melee class tank and the SMN support. I suppose if I were to level BST this could make for a great pet duo combination without almost ever having to worry about being the victim of attacks aside from recasting/mischarms, etc.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-08-09 04:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tool... I never quit. What actually motivates me to go on, is the fact that I have all nations done, COP and ZM done, AOAH done, I'm 1/2 thru WOTG, and I have 3 jobs to 80 and 1 damn spanking Blm at 79 awaiting to get to 80.

I guess since what Im looking for is that Blizzard software isn't planning on getting d3 out on the table yet, so till then, this is what drives me. If we could ever, ever meet our character somehow, like the Users did in the movie TRON,
I really think myself and Neonracer would have such a helluva awesome time. TBH, I'd be saying to him, that him and I dualling wud be so much better than his Sidekick/GF Karyn, that I would be better off.. LOL but whose to say a tryst would be interesting...LMAO!!! too much info there..

but honestly, stay true to whatever you do, enjoy yourself. That's what this game is all about!

[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 04:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I have a much better insight as to what I want to do with this game after coming back from quitting for so long. Even though I am still quite indecisive about it.

However, I do feel bad for simply abandoning what I nurtured for so many years, but in all honestly he no longer feels like mine. Time to start new here, since that can't be done in RL heh.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-09 04:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can support a trio bouncing hate between two melees at high level (using /NIN subs), but recast timers make it impossible to do so as duo unless you like nerfed XP or weak NMs.

As BST and SMN duo, you can take on anything that can be kited, which includes Xolotl and a few sky trigger NMs, as well as some others.

MP wise, SMN only has a very expensive form of Haste and limited and expensive buffs. Carby heals are cheap and he is free damage, but healing is about the only thing a SMN can do effectively as a half level WHM. Well, at the new level cap you get haste now, so you will have that.

SMN and BST duos can also pull easily from places that are hard for BST to pull in because SMN can carby pull.

You can also SC with avatars on their lower level damage BPs.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-09 05:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds impressive Tem, but keep in mind the limitation of control I will have with two instances of ffxi and one keyboard lol. The best I can do is alias /tell commands and spellcast to swap the gear for me. Movement however, is a whole other story. Gonna have to alt tab for precise movement, which is probably why I took THF off my list.

I would reallllly love to play ranger, but due to the nature of inevitable close range combat and enmity, it is probably for the best that I stick to close range melee classes for my main.

Although, I am curious if I could pull off a kiting technique on RNG with my support character using gravity/bind and whatnot.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-09 05:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you basically move the same way every time. With macros, there is very little micro managing for SMN. As long as you can see the avatar's HP and the SMN's TP, you should rarely have to mess with the SMN once you put him where you want him. In a duo for XP, avatars should rarely die unless you are full timing carby.

NMs are a different animal. You may have to kite with both characters, which sounds well nigh impossible with your situation (I have seen it done duo box before, tho). For example, with Xolotl you will have to kite both skeletons with one character full time, while the other sics a pet on Xolotl, then runs and hides until the pet dies and he has to sic another on him.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-09 19:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend once told me the following: "It will never happen for the first time again". Nostalga tends to heavily distort the way people look at things. Even if you started anew with a whole new character, I dunno if you would feel that reconnection.

Even with the new content, FFXI is still the same game you left all those months ago. Not that that's a bad thing, you may just need to find a LS with people you can get along with and do events you're interested in doing.

If you find you really are in need of something totally new and fresh to get into, FFXIV is right around the corner.

Whatever you choose, happy gaming. ^^
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-10 00:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I think I might end up going through with recreating my main character. The way I see it and the way it feels now is, even if I did things like help a friend from the bottom to the top or watch the cutscenes at the goblin footprints again, it would be like looking at an old photograph, rather than actually going back to experience it again.

As a pain in the *** as it might be to do everything over again, I relish the thought of doing it all over again with what I know now. Similar to how we wish we could be a kid again, knowing what we know now, except this time I can actually do it since it's a game lol.

Anyways, that's just one way of looking at it, and also it'll be nice to literally have two characters start off together at exactly the same time since I'm planning on dual boxing.

Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-10 01:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Hello fellow forum posters.
Awhile back I had "quit" from FFXI; foolishly giving away all non-rare/ex gear and gil I had in possession, said my farewells and made my final log out in a cool zone.

However, 8 months later I came crawling back like many do. I rediscovered that I still enjoyed the game, and had much I wished to do before truly pulling the plug.

Anyways, upon logging in and examining my stripped main character, I couldn't help but feel as though this character was no longer mine. It was almost as if I had bought this account, even though it truly was my own. After dinking around, farming and getting myself back on my feet with halfway decent gear and some workable amounts of gil in my wallet, I can't help the feeling as if I am watching a movie i've never seen before from the middle. I don't know how I got to where I was nor the joy from which the progress granted; and it is bugging the ***out of me.

As foolish as it sounds, I want a truly fresh start. Remake my original character and work from the ground up to help recreate that bond I had formerly lost. I realize it is obviously foolish and a very bad idea, but something in the back of my head makes it feel right, for reasons I cannot fully grasp or explain logically other than how I feel.

I know many of you will agree that it is foolish, and simply remaking my character will not give back that "newbie" feeling or any other sense of fulfillment I seek so desperately. However, my question to you is:

What helps spark the familiarity within your original character? How do I make myself feel at home again in a place that is home, but feels foreign? I rather not have to slaughter all the work I made for the past 7 years and literally start all over and lose some irrepalcable items. But frankly, I will do what it takes to feel connected to what I enjoy the most, even if it means starting back at square one.

Anyways, discuss, share your thoughts, ideas or criticism. Just please show some respect and keep in mind that XIV is a completely different game and has absolutely zero influence on my desire of what to do.

I quit as well, thinking I'd never return. Gave away my gear and tossed some of my R/Ex gears. I came back a few months later, but as a different character. This new character has more stuff than my other character could ever imagine having, so I'm pleased with it.

A little while into having made this new character, I re-activated my old character for some cool stuff(leveled BRD and BLM, it already had RDM leveled, so it became the ultimate dualboxing char). I myself, like my new character better than my old. I know some people feel that all their alts are just extensions of their main, but this alt became my main.

Also, since my old character has lost some irreplaceable R/Ex gear, I don't have a strong attachment to it. I don't really mind giving out the password of it to close friends to use. But Mahayaya's will be locked away in my vault. :P
 Caitsith.Surreal
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-08-10 01:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Awhile back I had "quit" from FFXI; foolishly giving away all non-rare/ex gear and gil I had in possession, said my farewells and made my final log out in a cool zone.

However, 8 months later I came crawling back like many do. I rediscovered that I still enjoyed the game, and had much I wished to do before truly pulling the plug.

Anyways, upon logging in and examining my stripped main character, I couldn't help but feel as though this character was no longer mine. It was almost as if I had bought this account, even though it truly was my own. After dinking around, farming and getting myself back on my feet with halfway decent gear and some workable amounts of gil in my wallet, I can't help the feeling as if I am watching a movie i've never seen before from the middle. I don't know how I got to where I was nor the joy from which the progress granted; and it is bugging the ***out of me.

As foolish as it sounds, I want a truly fresh start. Remake my original character and work from the ground up to help recreate that bond I had formerly lost. I realize it is obviously foolish and a very bad idea, but something in the back of my head makes it feel right, for reasons I cannot fully grasp or explain logically other than how I feel.

I know many of you will agree that it is foolish, and simply remaking my character will not give back that "newbie" feeling or any other sense of fulfillment I seek so desperately. However, my question to you is:

What helps spark the familiarity within your original character? How do I make myself feel at home again in a place that is home, but feels foreign? I rather not have to slaughter all the work I made for the past 7 years and literally start all over and lose some irrepalcable items. But frankly, I will do what it takes to feel connected to what I enjoy the most, even if it means starting back at square one.

Anyways, discuss, share your thoughts, ideas or criticism. Just please show some respect and keep in mind that XIV is a completely different game and has absolutely zero influence on my desire of what to do.

I quit as well, thinking I'd never return. Gave away my gear and tossed some of my R/Ex gears. I came back a few months later, but as a different character. This new character has more stuff than my other character could ever imagine having, so I'm pleased with it.

A little while into having made this new character, I re-activated my old character for some cool stuff(leveled BRD and BLM, it already had RDM leveled, so it became the ultimate dualboxing char). I myself, like my new character better than my old. I know some people feel that all their alts are just extensions of their main, but this alt became my main.

Also, since my old character has lost some irreplaceable R/Ex gear, I don't have a strong attachment to it. I don't really mind giving out the password of it to close friends to use. But Mahayaya's will be locked away in my vault. :P

/picks the vault!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-10 02:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

/picks the vault!

Nuuuu! My Mahayaya! :O
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-08-10 02:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well missions are the way I judge myself, so if it were me, I'd go rewatch a few cutscenes.

If that didn't work, I might redo some of the older missions, especially CoP now that everyone's doing it. Or try some T10 assaults, something to get the adrenaline flowing.

In the end it's all the memories I have that have made all the difference. Playing an MMO start to finish is something I can cross off my bucket list. Now I even don't have much of a desire to play XIV. Partly because I've gotten it out of my system, and partly because I know it'll inevitably degrade into what XI became, where if I don't use all the illegal programs and enslave myself to a LS for the best NM gear that I become worthless in the eyes of so many total *** that the game has a way of creating or inheriting.

Once the final WotG missions roll around in the next update, I know I'll have finished the game on my own terms and had fun on the way in spite of everyone else who thinks I should be something I'm not. Everytime I close my eyes and reflect on all I've accomplished, I'm overcome with the most serene calm. I open my eyes and everything seems to slow down, and I know I can move forward in life following that eternal horizon.

And in the end, that will have made all the difference.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
Server: Gilgamesh
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2010-08-10 02:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

unsure if anyone has posted this already but , my better half had an original character , all they're friends slowly left the game , they didn't feel right with the character anymore , so they made the polar opposite , went from being an elvaan to being a galka , my opinion , make another character thats nothing like the other . maybe even a new server will give you fresh perspective , OR on same server so can have the 75th's on that character to help with things you and new friends come across
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-10 02:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

This is exactly how I see it. My current original character doesn't feel like mine at all, and even just screwing around on another server with a new character (Tool), I already feel much more connected to it and I am having more fun than ever. So I am pretty sure I am in the same shoes as you were back then. Time to make Artemicion version 2.0 lol
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-08-10 10:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Initially for me it was unlocking all kinds of new gear and abilities as I level up. Becoming stronger and making my character the best it can be. I enjoy going back and fighting mobs that were impossible for me to beat before and being able to win now. Particularly ones that are ep or higher at 75, I enjoy the challenge. Not to mention the music, which really brings me back. I recently bought the FFXI original soundtrack. I still remember starting the FFXI 360 beta some 4-5 years ago. It's that kind of nostalgia that keeps me playing and what makes me love FFXI. I can listen to the music and such, go into my own little world and just remember being in Gustaberg soloing my lvl 7WAR for the first time. I also remember all the good times I had in different areas with friends and all the things I've done in each zone. It just meshes together for an all around enjoyable experience for me.

I'm not sure what I'd do if my character was deleted or hacked. After all of the trouble and effort I went through trying to complete so many different parts of the game. I've never stopped paying for it even if I was barely playing for around 5 months (which happened semi-recently). I can't see me deleting my account even until the day they close down the servers.
By Vahlshdeh 2010-08-10 16:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tool, you seem like a really thoughtful and passionate person. I just wanted to say I understand how you feel. I get attached to my main and also my "mules". The only other time I experienced what you are going through (kind of) is when I tried to redesign a new character in Dragon Age Origins. I kept spending forever redesigning a character that ended up identical to my first every single time. After realizing that I could not re-create the same one, I just kept the main.

The alternative is literally having alts that have different personalities and features, then re bonding with the character. If I could give advice it would be not to destroy the main but level an alt. Also I think it is best to not try too hard to make something happen. It comes natural when it is good and that goes for hard times as well.

If I see you on shiva I will /wave. :)
Also in xiv if you plan to go there too.
Best of luck!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-10 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

After I came back from over a year away, I felt sorta the same.. I just didn't quite feel right, instead of trying to pick up where I left off, I started messing with jobs I'd never messed with before, seemed to get me back into things, maybe it'll work for you.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-10 19:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Roxanna said:
I take breaks, and try new jobs. That is likely why it took me so long to get to 75 the first time. When I got frustrated with blm I would switch to something else and try that out for awhile.

i started in january 04. i dinged my first 75 yesterday.

i took breaks, and went across multiple jobs. by break i dont just mean from the game, but from leveling. I hated pts, i prefered to go explore and find out new things, see what could and couldnt be done.

what kept me in the game was not following the trend and doing everything as fast i could/getting the biggest epeen, but taking my time, doing things when i wanted, and taking time to see the sights, especially with good friends i could share it with.

this video always brings tears to my eyes:

now excuse me, i just nostalgia'd everywhere.