ModelViewer Question?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ModelViewer Question?
ModelViewer Question?
 Cerberus.Zerio
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-08-05 15:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey i was wondering how to get MV started, i have the latest and the newest stuff for MV. But i can't seem to get anything to work only says there it couldn't find any files.

I'm using Vista so i'm not sure how to see the stuff on MV anyone who could help with that?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-05 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to set up the file path to the final fantasy XI folder, it puts one in thats default, but it you have it anywhere else it wont work. (i had to route mine through the steam folder, for instance)
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-08-05 15:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to click File, and set the Install Path to where your ROM folder is

(For example mine is through Steam, so it is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM)

And you need to set the other option (Name escapes me right now) to whatever Expansion's Model's you wanna view (NPCs Only, as all gear for Players is in ROM, just incase you are wearing gear from an expansion somebody else doesn't have)

Edit: Beat to it. D=
 Cerberus.Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-08-05 17:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

well for me it just says "The file C:\Program Files(x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\51\112.dat could not be found."
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-05 17:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, thats what itll say if the path isnt right.
 Cerberus.Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-08-05 17:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, well i've tried everything dosen't work for me, i use AV instead of MV because AV u dont have to use that kind of commands for everything, was only interested in MV because i was thinking on making .dat or port .dat(s) since it was required from a website i read on, oh well. also looking for a program to create .dat(s) but haven't found any yet. thx tho for MV
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-05 17:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, thats the only reason i use MV, AV has a much nicer layout imo. sorry you couldnt get it to work!
 Cerberus.Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-08-05 17:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

this is for the Cobra Unit Set where you get from the past in windurst that i have modded. But if anyone likes it and wants that ported for other race you will have to do it yourself. Because i haven't been so familiar with the porting yet. Called the Octet Set Author Unknown tho