Fairy.Katalsar
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: rushsquad
By Fairy.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently, August 2nd 2010 11:48am PST

- I am a Xbox Player.
I decided to call Square Enix and was put on hold for about a good 40 mins. As i finally reached a representative, he asked me for information and my problem. Throughout all this conversation "Peter" (Representative) was rushing me off the phone. I told him that as i tried logging into Playonline, I would receive a message saying i didn't pay a certain payment. I know damn well I have money on my card, they took their $15.95 but says my purchase of Walk of Echoes ($9.99) wasn't paid. I told him as i put in my information to pay i would get a different error message each time. "He said what is that particular error?" I said "hold on." He immediately told me he isn't going to wait for me to put in my information to see the error. I said hold on It'll take like a min, he didn't want to listen so I got pissed and said "dude, i've been waiting on the phone for a long time, so i am not getting off until i am satisfied." By that time i was finished putting in my information to get another error. I told him, then he said its a problem w/ my banking account. So i asked for the manager. He said the manager may be busy.. he put me on hold for like 20-30 secs..then said the manager is busy and can't assist me. I just got off the phone..Tbh I don't know what to do..but feel like i'm paying a company that hardly gives a ***about the people that keep them in business.
[+]
By chichi 2010-08-02 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Katalsar said:
Recently, August 2nd 2010 11:48am PST - I am a Xbox Player. I decided to call Square Enix and was put on hold for about a good 40 mins. As i finally reached a representative, he asked me for information and my problem. Throughout all this conversation "Peter" (Representative) was rushing me off the phone. I told him that as i tried logging into Playonline, I would receive a message saying i didn't pay a certain payment. I know damn well I have money on my card, they took their $15.95 but says my purchase of Walk of Echoes ($9.99) wasn't paid. I told him as i put in my information to pay i would get a different error message each time. "He said what is that particular error?" I said "hold on." He immediately told me he isn't going to wait for me to put in my information to see the error. I said hold on It'll take like a min, he didn't want to listen so I got pissed and said "dude, i've been waiting on the phone for a long time, so i am not getting off until i am satisfied." By that time i was finished putting in my information to get another error. I told him, then he said its a problem w/ my banking account. So i asked for the manager. He said the manager may be busy.. he put me on hold for like 20-30 secs..then said the manager is busy and can't assist me. I just got off the phone..Tbh I don't know what to do..but feel like i'm paying a company that hardly gives a ***about the people that keep them in business.

to put it in a few words, they don't give a ***whatsoever. And I'm not QQ or anything but that's a damn fact. I swear to god I don't know how these *** people get jobs as customer service represanitves
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Katalsar said:
Recently, August 2nd 2010 11:48am PST

- I am a Xbox Player.
I decided to call Square Enix and was put on hold for about a good 40 mins. As i finally reached a representative, he asked me for information and my problem. Throughout all this conversation "Peter" (Representative) was rushing me off the phone. I told him that as i tried logging into Playonline, I would receive a message saying i didn't pay a certain payment. I know damn well I have money on my card, they took their $15.95 but says my purchase of Walk of Echoes ($9.99) wasn't paid. I told him as i put in my information to pay i would get a different error message each time. "He said what is that particular error?" I said "hold on." He immediately told me he isn't going to wait for me to put in my information to see the error. I said hold on It'll take like a min, he didn't want to listen so I got pissed and said "dude, i've been waiting on the phone for a long time, so i am not getting off until i am satisfied." By that time i was finished putting in my information to get another error. I told him, then he said its a problem w/ my banking account. So i asked for the manager. He said the manager may be busy.. he put me on hold for like 20-30 secs..then said the manager is busy and can't assist me. I just got off the phone..Tbh I don't know what to do..but feel like i'm paying a company that hardly gives a ***about the people that keep them in business.
it's because you are are an American IMO :/
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The person i was talking to was American also. Please if you got something stupid to say go say it in a LOL forum.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-02 14:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like GMs, you either get one really nice and helpful, or you get a total douchebag that doesn't give two shits.

Try again and I hope you get this sorted out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@Mabrook That may be the best answer but I know if they're doing this to me they've done this to others. And if nobody complains then they're gonna just treat us like ***. This is a game WE pay for..Even though we may QQ about gear and other BS we should ALWAYS have Customer Service when there is a real issue.
By chichi 2010-08-02 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've called them before on minor issues "long ago" and got some guy that kept asking me my name OVER AND OVER..like at least 5-7 times throughout the conversation I finally said to him.."and yes I did say this"..do you have short term memory loss sir?, you've asked me like 7 times what my name is and I'm not telling you again. by that time I was getting so mad that thought it might be best to just end the conversation really quick before I REALLY blew up. I don't like to feel like I am being incriminated for getting help from tech support
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-02 14:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I'm not sure what the exact issue you have is, but it would be a good idea to check the other end of the stick and see if your bank is freezing transactions for whatever God forsaken reason, and at least make sure it's 100% sure not on their end.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-02 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's not really directly on SE's end. The support centre has it's own managers and supervisors etc. I think most representatives (and probably GMs) just take "Policy" at face value too much and blow you off. It's really down to who you get, like with most companies. Some are helpful and quick to sort you out, others are douches who just want you to hang up. Hope you get it sorted out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-02 14:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I work for tech support, but not SE
and yeah we sorta do try to end the call with a resolution as fast as possible. At my place, we have something called "call time average" the lower that time is at the end of the month we get a raise... so maybe he had like a effing super long call before yours and he's trying to lower his talk time average XD but the best way to talk to the SE rep is to be nice, explain the problem clearly see how to fix it, and if they are pushy ask for supervisor, so you can piss the rep off ^^
By chichi 2010-08-02 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
I work for tech support, but not SE and yeah we sorta do try to end the call with a resolution as fast as possible. At my place, we have something called "call time average" the lower that time is at the end of the month we get a raise... so maybe he had like a effing super long call before yours and he's trying to lower his talk time average XD but the best way to talk to the SE rep is to be nice, explain the problem clearly see how to fix it, and if they are pushy ask for supervisor, so you can piss the rep off ^^

my experience from this is they will hang up on you before you get the chance to speak to a supervisor.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-02 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The major issue is that Square-Enix's development and all the fancy technical and business stuff is not well-connected with the so-called "customer support" office in California.

We've come to expect a high-quality product from S-E over the last decade or so, and, at least from a game development and production standpoint, we have high expectations of everything S-E does ... including its customer service department. Clearly, for a long time now, the Support Center has failed to meet these expectations.

In America, a company gets NO WHERE fast if said company offers *** customer service. If 3 companies want to sell you the same insurance policy, you'll probably purchase the policy from the company with the best customer service. If 3 dealerships want to sell you the same car, for similar prices, you'll most likely buy from the dealership that offers the best customer service.

Square-Enix, on the whole, is a Japanese-based company with a lackluster handle on American expectations for customer service. The main American thing they care about is out wallets. Sad, but true. I'm not saying they're racist, so no one go there. I am saying it's not that "S-E doesn't give a *** about us". Rather, I believe it's that S-E doesn't know what things to give a *** about in order to satisfy Americans wants for customer service.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-02 14:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

chichi said:
I work for tech support, but not SE and yeah we sorta do try to end the call with a resolution as fast as possible. At my place, we have something called "call time average" the lower that time is at the end of the month we get a raise... so maybe he had like a effing super long call before yours and he's trying to lower his talk time average XD but the best way to talk to the SE rep is to be nice, explain the problem clearly see how to fix it, and if they are pushy ask for supervisor, so you can piss the rep off ^^
my experience from this is they will hang up on you before you get the chance to speak to a supervisor.
then BBB it up then, then again, I never had any problems to the reps i've talked to. luck of the queue i suppose
By chichi 2010-08-02 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

chichi said:
then BBB it up then, then again, I never had any problems to the reps i've talked to. luck of the queue i suppose

not to concerned with it anymore I've quit the game some time ago, and am happy about my decision. Even though I still like to know what's going on with the game, I don't want to ever play it again.
 Phoenix.Lilwebstriker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lilwebstriker 2010-08-02 14:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

here is a thought on the bank side: If you have Chase bank with a mastercard logo on it. it is not valid anymore. chase switched to Visa. just bringing it out there incase it helps.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

UGHHHH Dude THE god damn game saying its no going through but i called my Bank JUST now and they said the transaction went through 3 *** times and i was charged each time.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So now i have to call SE back and wait a long *** time again...
By chichi 2010-08-02 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

just be prepared to get another deuche bag and how your gonna ask them to handle the issue

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 14:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Um same issue Spicyryan thats BS i asked for a Supervisor and he figured the issue..Unlinked my POL ID and restarted my Security question b/c it was under my credit card.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-02 15:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a similar problem to this once (not exactly the same story but close) first thing i can tell you, from the decent customer service guy i eventually got, is the first week on the month for SE customer service is swamped. he said they are flooded with phone calls with billing problems/questions (hence huge waiting time) and most people are just pissed.

its like most people here have been saying though, its luck of the draw for what kinda person you get, and btw chances are there may be nothing wrong with your bank. when i called cause they froze my account do to credit card changing (even though i changed the number on pol as soon as it did) it said i didnt have enough funds. first guy i got after 40 minutes on hold, sounded pissed and annoyed at life, and gave me useless info, then asked for my credit card number so he could enter it in on his end and said i was good to go... well i my account was still frozen for 2 days. called again, got a really nice guy, worked through everything with me, he was joking around when i mentioned the previous person i talked to by saying things like "hahaha yea... we dont talk to that guy" he explained all the reasons for bad service at months start and all and told me how to fix it, and i was good.

sorry for long story XD but long story short, wait a day or two and call again, or just keep calling till you get someone decent, cause SE does have good customer service with them... its just... not that many XD so good luck!

:EDIT: lol in the time it took me to type that it looks like it was figured out >.> touche!
 Asura.Xlide
Server: Asura
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2010-08-02 15:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i couldn't agree with you more, well said.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 15:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so far i got shitty long wait times, customer service, and charged 3 damn times on my card when SE said nothing is wrong on their side its my bank. If i never called my bank and waited 2-3 days i wouldn't had found out they took triple the amount ($30) out my bank account instead of $9.99. So now we got MORE problems on my account. I guarantee you i get a bad Rep his *** getting cursed out, i'mma get his name, And get a supervisor before it gets to a bad point.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-02 15:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Please I honestly warn everyone make sure you keep posted on your credit card b/c SE DOES take double payments out your account and other types of ***. I rather I just go through this and not see another go through it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-02 15:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said:
Please I honestly warn everyone make sure you keep posted on your credit card b/c SE DOES take double payments out your account and other types of ***. I rather I just go through this and not see another go through it.
if you get charged double times, take the issue up with the bank and see if you can get a copy of the billing statement found in POL
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-08-02 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said:
This is why i use a prepaied CC for my ff account i only put enough on it to cover ff for the month its charging.
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-08-02 15:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, my wife and i have had a similar run in with "Peter." He couldnt be bothered helping w/ a problem and hung up on us when we asked for the supervisor. Later while trying to log on, we found our POL password had been changed w/o permission similar to the wave of password changes that occurred six weeks later. Clearly your information is at risk w/ SEinc. USE A CREDIT CARD WITH THE LOWEST CREDIT LIMIT to avoid credit card fraud by "Peter" or any of the other clearly untrustworthy employees of SEinc.
Double billing of credit cards is a crime, PLEASE contact federal authorities (FBI and SECRET SERVICE) to report it. SEinc. believes they can get away with it because most account holders are children under the age of 25 that aren't savvy enough to take these measures.
Phoenix.Lilwebstriker said:
here is a thought on the bank side: If you have Chase bank with a mastercard logo on it. it is not valid anymore. chase switched to Visa. just bringing it out there incase it helps.
Don't use Chase for anything ever.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-02 15:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Celestius said:
Don't use Chase for anything ever.
I have a car loan through them. I won't make that mistake again.
First Page 2