users online
Forum » FFXI » General » influence of the north lands/
influence of the north lands/
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2010-07-31 02:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what exactly is needed to be done to gain control of the zones to do Fiat Lux? (allied nation > beastmen) ect
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-31 03:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Example for SandyS to have access:

They need control of East Ronfaure S, Battalia Downs S, Jugner Forest S, and Vunkerl Inlet S.

Castle Zvahl Baileys S, Castle Zvahl Keep S, Beaucidine Glacier S, and Xarcabard S need to be in Allied control. Doesn't have to be controlled by any one nation just out of beastmen control.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2010-07-31 03:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i know all that my question is how do you win a zone over beastmen control? like geting sandy to own castle keep for example i was told just killing all the mobs in the zones with campaign swords next to there names in or out of campaign battle doesn't matter if this true or not or if there any other way(s) i cant seem to find any info on it QQ
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-31 11:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's true, go up to them zones and kill the campaign mobs for about 12 hrs before the tally. Don't forget your alliance so you can pwn quickly lol.
By Elwynbelwyn 2010-08-01 18:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's about what I've heard. A small group of dedicated people is sufficient to make it happen.

To be more clear, kill the sword-icon beastmen in those zones without waiting for a battle. You will not get any XP or drops for killing them, but that's not your objective.

Then the next week you should see a lot of Fiat Lux spamming without having to do anything, resulting in an Allied Ring the week after.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That is how it works, yeah. A small group of us spent six hours or so in Oztroja before the tally and went from 0% influence to 100% for Windurst in that time.

Funny to see the whole server spamming the campaign OPs that they couldn't be bothered to do the work for though, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-01 19:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
That is how it works, yeah. A small group of us spent six hours or so in Oztroja before the tally and went from 0% influence to 100% for Windurst in that time.

I hear you, Aeyela. I've been involved with groups that wanted to try for Roundel Earring @ the Castle Oz Ops. People would say "yeah! let's take over that zone on a Saturday night so we can do the Ops next week for that Earring!" ... then Saturday night would come around and no one would do it.

A lot of FFXI players, even good ones, can't seem to pay the effort forward. So many people only want to participate in group activities if they receive instant gratification. Ugh.

That said, if anyone on Bismarck wants to help me form a SWAT force to conquer Castle Oz on a Saturday night, before the tally Sunday A.M., I'm willing to help organize it. Chance for Roundel Earring is worth it, and the battle is a challenging and fun one.
By FOODNIPPLE127 2010-08-01 22:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the info now i know what to do just need to get people to do it with me lol so... yeah so much for this idea lmao QQ
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-01 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time we got all Northlands on Bahamut, I noticed some Japanese shouts during the day before the tally in Whitegate for people to help kill the Campaign mobs in those areas. A lot of people who want to do Fiat Lux who are bored on that day (and would have otherwise probably Campaigned anyway) will likely help out.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2010-08-02 01:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Last time we got all Northlands on Bahamut, I noticed some Japanese shouts during the day before the tally in Whitegate for people to help kill the Campaign mobs in those areas. A lot of people who want to do Fiat Lux who are bored on that day (and would have otherwise probably Campaigned anyway) will likely help out.

you obviously don't know Asura :P

i will keep trying every saturday night / sunday morning that i can though so far 0 people seem to care