| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-07-30 07:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

delay doesn't matter, base damage does. a lot of low delay weapons also have low base damage.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-30 07:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
delay doesn't matter, base damage does. a lot of low delay weapons also have low base damage.

This is what I've always thought as well, focus on DMG for main hand, and low delay for off hand. But given the same DMG on both daggers, it won't make a difference which hand they are in, to my knowledge.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Neosephiroth
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neosephiroth 2010-07-30 07:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume that is because generally the low delay dagger would have lower base dmg than their higher delay dagger. So they would main hand the higher delay/base damage dagger to have that dagger used for their weapon skills. Also, with some daggers, beneficial effects on the weapon are lost using it in the off hand, so that is an additional reason why you see the trend :).

In your question in particular, no damage wise I think switching them would result in identical damage as well as TP per hit ^^.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-30 07:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

When dual wielding your weapon delay is based on the sum of the 2 weapons.

Your main hand weapon's Base D is used in the WS calculation. You off-hand base D is only used in the hit damage for that weapon, so the base D of the off-hand weapon has a very small impact on your overall damage.

So generally speaking, people use a high base D weapon in the main hand (which tend to have high delay), but then to reduce the overall delay they use a lower delay weapon in the off-hand to reduce the average

I.E. Blau/Sirocco THFs, the Blau provided the bulk of the damage, and the sirocco brought the average delay down and thus increase swing speed.

It's a pretty complex issue as you need to consider x-hit builds and off-hand DoT etc but generally speaking, a low delay off-hand weapon will increase your swing speed and your overall damage.

But in the example given in the OP, if the base D is the same then it doesn't matter which weapons goes in which slot.
 Bahamut.Eauijhkuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Eauijhkuu
By Bahamut.Eauijhkuu 2010-07-30 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, what Argettio has stated is exactly on point.

Though I would also add, for any player that decides to dual wield daggers, that you consider the target that you're going to be fighting against.

As was earlier stated, for the most part, higher DMG usually constitutes to slightly higher delay (Depending on the dagger type). Usually lower delay and Haste is good for dual wielding; but if you're fighting something with very high VIT/DEF stats, you might consider the efficacy of a Haste/low delay setup over that of a slower/high base dmg setup.