WOW Scam, And I Never Played It.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WOW scam, and I never played it.
WOW scam, and I never played it.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2010-07-29 14:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
A Character Faction Change is now pending for the World of Warcraft account myemail@xxx.com. Please allow several days for the faction change process to complete. An email will be sent to you when it is done. You can also track the status of your request by signing into the Transaction page here: http://www.blizzard.com.characterverify.com/faction-change-status.html.

Below is a summary of the transaction, which you may want to keep for your records.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World of Warcraft Account Name: myemail@xxx.com
TRANSACTION ID: 82175115
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note the following additional information:
- This account is not available for play while the faction change is pending.
- If you did not make this transaction, you should immediately check your account to prevent character lost.
- This account cannot change factions again until 3 days have elapsed.
- You can review this and other Account Management transactions by logging into Account Management and going to your Transactions page at https://www.blizzard.com.characterverify.com/faction-change-status.html.
- For more details on Character Faction Change, refer to the Character Faction Change FAQ located at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=28825&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2327.
You can find World of Warcraft Account Management at: http://www.blizzard.com.worldofwarcraft.com/login.html
We hope you enjoy your new faction!
Regards,
The World of Warcraft Team
Blizzard Entertainment

I just go this and I have never played WoW so it has to be a scam just wanted to pass it on to you guys.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-29 14:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to get random-*** WoW emails, a friend used to be a WoW GM, so I had him take a look at it, I reported it to Blizzard, as he advised, and a Blizzard rep replied with some canned response, despite the fact that the emails seemed to be leaking user info.

EDIT: I, too, have never played WoW.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-07-29 14:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nevermind :P
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-29 14:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Hmm odd because those websites aren't fake sites... You sure someone didn't just use your e-mail address to make an account? o.o
The ones I got also referred to real sites, they were some cancellation emails with RL name included.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-07-29 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Hmm odd because those websites aren't fake sites... You sure someone didn't just use your e-mail address to make an account? o.o
The ones I got also referred to real sites, they were some cancellation emails with RL name included.
Damn scamming ***. My WoW account was actually hacked a month or 2 ago (I don't know the exact time since I didn't play for awhile). I got all my stuff back, but it sucked ***. It only took a few days to have my stuff back though, Blizzard handled it quickly.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-29 14:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Damn scamming ***. My WoW account was actually hacked a month or 2 ago (I don't know the exact time since I didn't play for awhile). I got all my stuff back, but it sucked ***. It only took a few days to have my stuff back though, Blizzard handled it quickly.

I was literally getting hundreds of them per day, I might know your name.. lol
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2010-07-29 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just looked on the wow forum and they have a tread on this also. Just don't want it to happen to us.
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-07-29 16:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyday I get the "Time to WoW" emails, I only tried the free trial.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2010-07-29 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my first one ever and just got it today, they got my email from somewhere else.