Forum » FFXI » General » Vingijard and AF Reset Quest
Vingijard and AF Reset Quest
 Bahamut.Ashua
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-24 18:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so a long time ago I upgraded my Chaos Burgeonet and didn't think I would ever upgrade another DRK AF piece. I reset the DRK AF quest line and requested AF1 AF2 and AF3 for storage purposes.

I recently decided to upgrade the hands for guillotine and when I tried to reset the AF, DRK wasnt on the list. I have no quests open and had all 5 pieces in inventory until I turned in my hands

I checked wiki and it was ambiguous...

"Any coffer-bound pieces of armor still in your inventory after restarting Artifact Armor quests will be unavailable from the coffers if still in your inventory upon restarting the quests. If you decided to throw out/upgrade said pieces after this point, it will register as if you already took that step."

So, the second half of this seems to contradict the first. Am I ***out of luck? I don't want to toss coffer AF if I can never recover it. It's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if I had to toss coffer AF before erasing the quest memory instead of after.

Does anyone know for SURE about this?...
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-07-24 18:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only reset AF quests once (per job).

If you've not tossed any of your AF so far, you'll be fine. The only one you should have to toss should be the weapon.

I don't get why you want to reset it again when you should already have 2 of everything from the first time you repeated it? (or 1 AF and 1 AF+1 in the case of the head)

Bahamut.Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-24 19:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't have NQ af hands now. Now I have 4 NQ DRK pieces whoring inventory space. I have 80/80 storage locker mh satchel and active inventory I need space bad. I don't want to just drop af though.
 Bahamut.Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-24 22:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

K, just for the archives it isn't "too late" to get the new coffer AF if you failed to drop your coffer AF before resetting AF quest memory.

If you have the AF on you (not in the form of a claims slip) and you try to open the appropriate coffer with the appropriate job, it will say your inventory is full since the game registers the AF quest as active. Just drop the AF and pop the coffer and it will return to you. Do this for both coffers and the reset quest is repeatable as many times as you wish.

Just in case someone else stumbles on this in search of the same question.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 02:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Calif said:

No..
[+]
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-25 09:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Calif said:

No..

Helpful... Do you have any proof? Have you reset an AF more than once.

I personally have never heard this before, and I've never had to reset an AF more than once yet, but I might need to in the future and I'd be quite disappointed to find out that I couldn't.

Forgive me though if your "no" isn't enough proof for me to believe what you say.
[+]
 Leviathan.Lenor
By Leviathan.Lenor 2010-07-25 19:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashua said:
Ok, so a long time ago I upgraded my Chaos Burgeonet and didn't think I would ever upgrade another DRK AF piece. I reset the DRK AF quest line and requested AF1 AF2 and AF3 for storage purposes.
When you requested your DRK AF pieces the first time, did you talk to Guslam to re-do the AF hands quest again?

It could be that all you have to do is talk to Guslam again as DRK to re-open the AF hands quest for DRK.

It should have been available after you triggered AF2 - unless you currently have AF hands quest unfinished for another job. You may have to complete that first before you can trigger the AF hands quest for DRK.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-25 19:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lenor said:
Bahamut.Ashua said:
When you requested your DRK AF pieces the first time, did you talk to Guslam to re-do the AF hands quest again?

It could be that all you have to do is talk to Guslam again as DRK to re-open the AF hands quest for DRK.

It should have been available after you triggered AF2 - unless you currently have AF hands quest unfinished for another job. You may have to complete that first before you can trigger the AF hands quest for DRK.

This. I'm not sure if you can only request once or not, but you really shouldn't need to do it twice.

Also, the only things worth upgrading are the Hands, head and feet. I personally just use Nfeet and didn't do AF+1 feet for space reasons, but they are better for guillo. I'd drop the weapon/legs/body if you are hardup for space. I would mention you could keep body for enfeebles, but I'm sure if you are hard up for space you don't have room for the odd enfeeble sets on drk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-26 12:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ariane said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Calif said:

No..

Helpful... Do you have any proof? Have you reset an AF more than once.

I personally have never heard this before, and I've never had to reset an AF more than once yet, but I might need to in the future and I'd be quite disappointed to find out that I couldn't.

Forgive me though if your "no" isn't enough proof for me to believe what you say.

Your post doesn't make sense. You don't have to toss any of your AF to redo the quests, all you have to do is have completed all the quests. So you don't risk anything. Want a proof ? Talk to the NPC in Jeuno while having all quests done. Most player don't understand that if they got 5/5 AF, it does mean that all their AF quests are done.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

This. I'm not sure if you can only request once or not, but you really shouldn't need to do it twice.

This happens a lot since it usually takes months between getting the mats for 2 AF+1 pieces.

Get first 2 items > get the AF+1 piece > request for storage
Get 2 items > get a second AF+1 piece > request for storage

[+]