Forum » FFXI » General » Picolaton
Picolaton
 Asura.Bonlack
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-07-24 06:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Been camping this guy for 3 days now popping it 1-3 times a day. 0/8 so far, just wanted to know others luck with getting Thrakon plate, to see if I'm in for a long haul of camping or if I'm just really unlucky. I know the drop % isnt fantastic but I got AGI earring set in 2/13 total and the % for those dont even equal Thrakons % combined lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-07-24 07:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed it maybe 4-5 times a day for about a couple months. Then i stopped playing FFXI for a bit, had a bunch of RL stuff to do. looking back, i can't believe how many hours i spent killing that mofo and still without a drop. Good luck man. Picolaton=embodiment of evil >.>
 Caitsith.Starwarsguru
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Starwarsguru 2010-07-28 11:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I camped him with a buddy for about a week straight with no luck, the drop rate is terrible, good luck!!!
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-28 12:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really camped..when I was bored I would tele out there and check to see if he was up..I killed him prolly 10 times over about 6 weeks and I never got drop..

If you spent the time you camped him xping you would most likely be past the lvl where thrak is even worth it lol.

Terrible drop rate combined with stupid pop conditions make him a gaint *** of a bird.
[+]
 Asura.Cattnip
user: Daxia
By Asura.Cattnip 2010-07-28 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Terrible drop rate combined with stupid pop conditions make him a gaint *** of a bird.

^ this

Personally I'm like 0/3 on this guy I haven't really put much effort into it. For a friend we went something ridiculous like 1/50? They camped it solidly for a few weeks, I popped by with th4 every now and then but to no avail ._.;
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-28 12:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

he can be a bit mean i know someone who was 0/15 and gave up..

then i know others who are 3/3

me personally 1/4.

Like Zorander said.. its probbaly likely you wouldnt have needed it had u EXP'd the time you camped it..

you'd be better off waiting for Ose to shed his jerkin
 Lakshmi.Mookitty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mookitty
By Lakshmi.Mookitty 2010-07-28 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE likes to have fun with some people on basically all NMs. I am 1/1 for V. Bow 2/3 for mine and the GF's empress hairpins 1/1 on AJ 1/1 on Thrakon . . . But 0-91 on Mee Deggi :(
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-28 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i was gonna camp it, but then seeing how much trouble people were having, and now that im already almost 75, i decided to just wait until getting ACP body, plus perle set at 78 =/
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-07-28 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bonlack said:
Been camping this guy for 3 days now popping it 1-3 times a day. 0/8 so far, just wanted to know others luck with getting Thrakon plate, to see if I'm in for a long haul of camping or if I'm just really unlucky. I know the drop % isnt fantastic but I got AGI earring set in 2/13 total and the % for those dont even equal Thrakons % combined lol.
0/18 in 8 days. I gave up and went and killed Ose. 1/1 AJ. Not the best but it took me less time to finish to 75 (then) than the time spent camping that SOB...
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-28 13:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Be a man, turn up in purple w/ daggers ^^

But seriously, i helped my friend go 1/2, I guess it's just bad luck. Thrakon is nice, but it's nothing to stop levelling for in my opinion. Any work put into gear seems null and void at this point. As soon as you hit 78 you just skipped the entire omfgineedtoworkforhomamnow phase anyways with your perle. May as well don a SH and go level <.<
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-28 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine had it up out in Altepa a couple months back, and he asked me to help him out.

I slapped a little TH on it and he went 1/1.

This game really is a stupid dirty *** ***.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-28 13:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
May as well don a SH and go level <.<

>.>
Don't hate on the SH >.>
 Bismarck.Shyral
Server: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2010-07-28 14:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I decided to help each other get it. Went 1/4 on his, and then about 1/8 on mine. This was with varying levels of TH (either his TH3 thf, or sometimes a TH4 friend came out). I think the worst thing about him is the fact that he is a lottery spawn, sometimes we would camp him upwards of 3-4 hours. Sweet looking body piece, and great for its level, if nothing else.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-07-28 23:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gave up after going about 0/15 and i had my brother with me on his th4 thf for all but 2 of the kills. Pico is a stingy *** if you ask me, lol.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-29 03:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kinda lucky, 1/4. camped him a few days in a row between other ig stuff & RL. was annoying to make him pop <.<
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2010-07-29 03:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me 18 kills in a week to get that sucker to drop.. The spawn conditions make it annoying to camp solo, so had to drag someone with me 18 times.. Have fun. All the work and the moment I hit 75, it was put in storage forever. Exciting. I went thief for TH4 every single time by the way, good times.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-29 03:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gerrott said:
Took me 18 kills in a week to get that sucker to drop.. The spawn conditions make it annoying to camp solo, so had to drag someone with me 18 times.. Have fun. All the work and the moment I hit 75, it was put in storage forever. Exciting. I went thief for TH4 every single time by the way, good times.

I soloed the pops & Pico ... and yea, making him pop solo was pure pain.