Glitch? Or Is It Just Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Glitch? Or is it just me?
Glitch? Or is it just me?
 Bismarck.Goldey
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Goldey
By Bismarck.Goldey 2010-07-23 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got a Graiai Earring (Converts 45 HP to MP) and while it's a great piece of gear, there seems to be a problem. I can't get it to equip to myself using macros. I have to equip it manually which is, well, just annoying considering how often I switch gear. I'm wondering if anyone else has this earring and is experiencing any problems with it or maybe it's just me.

I know a lot of new gear from this update is buggy (Mislabeled stats, stats that were left off, misspelling etc.) so maybe it could be a broken piece of gear.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-07-23 14:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i ran into this 'glitch' in Abyssea last night, or rather something like it. After around 4 hours my gear swap macros stopped working, so i went and manually changed my gear once and it fixed the problem. dunno what caused it.
 Bismarck.Goldey
By Bismarck.Goldey 2010-07-23 14:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've had that happen to me before and switching gear manually usually fixes it. This is different though :/ I've tried pretty much everything I could think of but nothing works. I really want to figure this out!
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-23 14:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Goldey said:
I recently got a Graiai Earring (Converts 45 HP to MP) and while it's a great piece of gear, there seems to be a problem. I can't get it to equip to myself using macros. I have to equip it manually which is, well, just annoying considering how often I switch gear. I'm wondering if anyone else has this earring and is experiencing any problems with it or maybe it's just me.

I know a lot of new gear from this update is buggy (Mislabeled stats, stats that were left off, misspelling etc.) so maybe it could be a broken piece of gear.

Try seeing if it is spelled differently in the gear auto translate.

typing /translate "Graiai Earring" pulls up nothing for me
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 14:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Bismarck.Goldey said:

If they just typed spelling wrong, finding the proper one in translate will work. If they actually forgot to add the name while coding it, then you won't be able to no matter what.

I'd suggest calling a GM and asking him to log the issue so next update(which prolly won't be soon, they will prolly wait till the next level cap update) they will fix it then.
[+]
 Asura.Tero
Server: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-07-23 14:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

this actually happened to my friend when we were in abyssea - la thain he ended up logging in and out it seemed to fix the problem thats the only help that i can offer
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-23 14:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Goldey said:
I recently got a Graiai Earring (Converts 45 HP to MP) and while it's a great piece of gear, there seems to be a problem. I can't get it to equip to myself using macros. I have to equip it manually which is, well, just annoying considering how often I switch gear. I'm wondering if anyone else has this earring and is experiencing any problems with it or maybe it's just me. I know a lot of new gear from this update is buggy (Mislabeled stats, stats that were left off, misspelling etc.) so maybe it could be a broken piece of gear. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Try seeing if it is spelled differently in the gear auto translate. typing /translate "Graiai Earring" pulls up nothing for me

For some reason, none of the new stuff was in auto-trans.. atleast new WSs weren't.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 14:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... they didn't add the ws but they added the gear so ppl can use translator in macros, but before you can do it you have to type "/translate NameOfGear" for it to come in. At least my Plaga's Scythe was translatable that way.

I heard it was due to the PS2 not being able to hold anymore translator names for some reason... I assume memory idk. In all honestly it's SE, they could have just forgot and are too ashamed to admit it and patch it so they will wait till next update to ninja add them as usual.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-23 15:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Yeah... they didn't add the ws but they added the gear so ppl can use translator in macros, but before you can do it you have to type "/translate NameOfGear" for it to come in. At least my Plaga's Scythe was translatable that way. I heard it was due to the PS2 not being able to hold anymore translator names for some reason... I assume memory idk. In all honestly it's SE, they could have just forgot and are too ashamed to admit it and patch it so they will wait till next update to ninja add them as usual.

lol PS2 rimitashuns.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-23 16:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Bismarck.Goldey said:

If they just typed spelling wrong, finding the proper one in translate will work. If they actually forgot to add the name while coding it, then you won't be able to no matter what.

I'd suggest calling a GM and asking him to log the issue so next update(which prolly won't be soon, they will prolly wait till the next level cap update) they will fix it then.

Yeah I would attempt this because Raising Earring you get from that low level tutorial npc actually translates to "Raising Earrings" when you translate it. This could be an issue you're having.
 Bismarck.Goldey
By Bismarck.Goldey 2010-07-23 18:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys I'm going to try some of these suggestions out.
 Caitsith.Funluva
Server: Caitsith
user: Funluva
By Caitsith.Funluva 2010-08-02 14:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I had exactly the same problem. I tried all kinds of misspellings to try and find out what they called it... in the end I found out what SE did!

use this "Graiai earring " <-- note the space at the end! Hey presto you can use /equip and /translate etc... :)

Funluva
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know how to get Magian trial log into the autotrans list?
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-08-02 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Funluva said:
I had exactly the same problem. I tried all kinds of misspellings to try and find out what they called it... in the end I found out what SE did!

use this "Graiai earring " <-- note the space at the end! Hey presto you can use /equip and /translate etc... :)

Funluva
works, nice :o
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-02 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

"Magin trial log"? I always press space -> tab -> scroll down to keyboard -> scroll down to "Alt Key" -> Enter -> Esc to get things to translate that I have. It generally works for key items but you need to have the key item in order for it to translate or it wont.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 15:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

"Magin trial log"? I always press space -> tab -> scroll down to keyboard -> scroll down to "Alt Key" -> Enter -> Esc to get things to translate that I have. It generally works for key items but you need to have the key item in order for it to translate or it wont.
That is completely bizarre, but at least it works ._.; Thanks.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-02 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Lol Yeah np ^^
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-10 16:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

now how do you get spellcast to bypass the space glitch? D:
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-10-30 04:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For Spellcast users you'll need to do this:

For those that don't know, its <Graiai Earring > in autotranslate, notice the space.
=====================================================
1) Don't even bother trying to get it to work in your sets. It wont work.
2) Every time you call for that set in your rules, put this line in before your

Code
<equip when="precast" set="yourset" />

line. You'll put this in before that line:

Code
<command>input /equip r.ear "Graiai Earring "</command>

It "should" work if you did it correctly. For example this is a very simple code:

Code
<if Spell="Stone" SpellTargetType="Self">
<equip when="precast" set="Cure Fast Cast" />
<equip when="midcast" set="Healing Magic" />
<equip when="aftercast" set="Idle" />
</if>

When I cast Stone on myself, it will equip the Graiai Earring, then equip my "Cure Fast Cast" set. This set has no right earring in it. Then it equips my "Healing Magic" and then "Idle".

The important thing is, Graiai Earring is now equiping.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-30 05:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

This works for items you've seen in people's gear or bazaars as well. The way it's programmed is that it won't bother keeping everything available to you in auto-translate, since there are a huge amount of words. Instead, this "tab on an empty space" functionality will go back through and add gear/items/key items to the auto-translated list of all the things you've seen recently. That's also why you notice a brief game pause where nothing moves the moment you do it.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-11-03 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A detailed fix for this item and spellcast is here Graiai Earring I think it is going to be an official fix as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly 2010-11-03 14:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
It "should" work if you did it correctly. For example this is a very simple code:

Code
<if Spell="Stone" SpellTargetType="Self">
<equip when="precast" set="Cure Fast Cast" />
<equip when="midcast" set="Healing Magic" />
<equip when="aftercast" set="Idle" />
</if>

When I cast Stone on myself, it will equip the Graiai Earring, then equip my "Cure Fast Cast" set. This set has no right earring in it. Then it equips my "Healing Magic" and then "Idle".

The important thing is, Graiai Earring is now equiping.

Just curious, how exactly do you cast stone on yourself, and why?
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-11-03 15:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have glitchy clothes sometimes too. I swap gear to drop my hp low enough to activate a sorc. ring, then swap into nuking gear when I toss off nukes. Sometimes it doesn't swap me into the nuke set, so I'm standing there nuking in hp- clothes like a noobcake. Usually if I shriek like a bloody banshee and panic-stab at my gear-swap macro a few times, it changes me into the nuke set before the nuke goes off. I think it might be just a case of me lagging or my macros going by too fast. It's no worries, though. ^^

Edit: Then a whm gets twitchy and nervous because I don't have every last hp I possibly can, so they cure me and we get to start the process over on the next nuke. D'aww! Poor nervous whms!
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-03 15:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My Flava Flav Helm acts funny too sometimes. But now that I think about it. It hasnt done anything fishy lately.

P.S. Call me crazy, but I think they should nerf gear swapping while engaged or casting anyway.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-11-03 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

for standard macros you have to add a space "Graiai Earring " for it to work. someone messed up naming it i think. I ran into this issue myself and noticed in auto translate there was a space at the end...
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-11-03 22:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

Edit: Then a whm gets twitchy and nervous because I don't have every last hp I possibly can, so they cure me and we get to start the process over on the next nuke. D'aww! Poor nervous whms!

I usually get scolded when I cure people with sorc ring.
That ring is EVIL.

Ah sometimes people die because they blink while I am trying to target them. (I know about blink me not... lol)
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-03 22:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Can't do it for Keyitems manually, have to come into contact with them and scroll through the Keyitems list.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-03 22:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pawnskipper said:
My Flava Flav Helm acts funny too sometimes. But now that I think about it. It hasnt done anything fishy lately. P.S. Call me crazy, but I think they should nerf gear swapping while engaged or casting anyway.

Your opinion is wrong. Opinions can't be wrong. That's how fail it was