Forum » FFXI » General » Windower Help
Windower Help
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-22 05:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone help me out with windower script macros? Something like a quick guide(for lack of a better word)

Just hate having like 3 macros just for ws'ing and then another 3 for tp gear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 06:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

spellcast might be more difficult to set up, but will save you SO much pain and heartache in the end
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-22 06:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol was looking for the script macros used with notepad, but its all good found it with google. Guess I should have just looked there first -.- oh well
 Caitsith.Foliage
Server: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2010-07-22 06:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

here's what you do if you just want to use scripts with windower:

go into you scripts folder inside your windower folder. to begin with there should only be one document, that's init.txt. you can open that up and just hit Ctrl+N for a new document. so now you have a clean notepad document, all you need to do now is add the list of all the gear you want and put "input" in front of it. here's an example...

input /equip Head "Ace's Helm"
input /equip Body "Ares's Cuirass"
input /equip Hands "Homam Manopolas"
input /equip Feet "Homam Gambieras"
input /equip Legs "Homam Cosciales"
input /equip Ammo "Happy Egg"

:)

Now...once you have added all the gear that you want to change for one macro, do a file > save as and then name it whatever, for example "drktpset." make sure that you save it in the scripts folder. the same one that the "init" file was in. once it's saved all you need to do is go into you macro in game and on the first like type this:

//exec "drktpset.txt"

only...of coarse, whatever you named the file. do that again for each item set and you're golden.

hope this helps!
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-22 06:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, just what I was looking for thanks a bunch!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-22 06:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the world of macro heaven!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-22 06:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For DRK, the spellcast file would be like... a whopping... 10 minutes to set up :)

Spellcast will automatically swap gear for you. When you WS, if you hit it in menu or macro or whatever, it'll automatically go WS set and go back to TP, amongst a ton of other things. If you want help with that, send me a PM :0
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 06:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While spellcast is awesome it's no where near as good for melees. At least if you are doing more than just I want a tp gear swap and ws swap

Since you can't just swap to different sets based on what is going on that spellcast isn't concerned about. Like hit/evasion rate, or pdt sets when you get hate etc
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-22 06:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually you can do some pretty advanced stuff with Spellcast. ie swapping in pdt gear if your shadows are down etc. And when in doubt you can make a macro that will equip a specific gear set when you hit it.

For example on my RDM I have a Max MP set that gets swapped in when I convert. I made a macro that put it on too, so I can equip my max MP gear if I'm resting and I'm already at max.

I'm pretty sure if I used all of Spellcasts bells and whistles I could get it to do the same thing automatically too.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 06:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
While spellcast is awesome it's no where near as good for melees. At least if you are doing more than just I want a tp gear swap and ws swap

Since you can't just swap to different sets based on what is going on that spellcast isn't concerned about. Like hit/evasion rate, or pdt sets when you get hate etc

equipping regen set/+movement speed when idle, autoswitching out of dusk on war when not engaged, -pdt below a certain hp percentage, auto ws cancel if too far away from mob, auto ichi cancel, auto announce sleep in party chat, etc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know. But if it isn't a buff or an action spellcast wont do anything. And it doesn't understand things like hey i got hate or I'm evading fine/not at all, or hitting fine/not at all.

I use it for my mages alot (including melee blu). It's up my efficiency so much espeically on blu since my tp set has about 200-250 more mp than my spell set lol.

Just saying there are things that I'd like to do on most melees that spellcast wont even know about. Or that I am or someone else is about to finish said mob off switch to trial weapon. And while yes you can make specific maccros for that *** if spellcast doesn't just reswap back on it's own /sigh.

I've actually turned it off on some trials or just put my other weapons/shields in satchel. Especially in pt
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 06:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
While spellcast is awesome it's no where near as good for melees. At least if you are doing more than just I want a tp gear swap and ws swap Since you can't just swap to different sets based on what is going on that spellcast isn't concerned about. Like hit/evasion rate, or pdt sets when you get hate etc
equipping regen set when idle, autoswitching out of dusk on war when not engaged, -pdt below a certain hp percentage, auto ws cancel if too far away from mob, auto ichi cancel, auto announce sleep in party chat, etc.
I know what it can do. I just said there are things it can't do. Which you quoted but didn't disagree with ;)
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-22 06:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, how is spellcast used with gear swaps?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 06:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
While spellcast is awesome it's no where near as good for melees. At least if you are doing more than just I want a tp gear swap and ws swap Since you can't just swap to different sets based on what is going on that spellcast isn't concerned about. Like hit/evasion rate, or pdt sets when you get hate etc
equipping regen set when idle, autoswitching out of dusk on war when not engaged, -pdt below a certain hp percentage, auto ws cancel if too far away from mob, auto ichi cancel, auto announce sleep in party chat, etc.
I know what it can do. I just said there are things it can't do. Which you quoted but didn't disagree with ;)

well, in my case i disagree, you can certainly use it to switch sets based on what is going on if you combine it with an onevent tool, which i do

even for your average dd though, it's still pretty damned handy
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 06:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:

you download the plugin at windower.net, and write an xml based on what you want your character to equip in any given situation

that sounds harder than it is. there are spellcast templates for every job on the site, and all you have to do is go into the other person's xml using notepad, and replace the names of the gear they are using with the gear you are using
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 06:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Effectively it's a group of gear sets with rules on when to switch to them.

Rules include things like day/night, hp/mp both amounts and percentages, any action taken from ws ja spell engage disengage etc, day of week/weather, general idle. Can set up to do stuff before said actions, during them or after them.

This is of course can be much more complex then it sounds or can be just about that simple. I've known people to switch out 1 peice of gear at a time till they get to full potency on a spell as there mp goes down for example.

Easiest as said is just to edit what someone else has on there for your gear. But without some understanding you wont know what its doing or how to gear. And some are huge full of stuff you probably wont use.

It is nice having full gear swaps for maximized efficiency in everything you do without having to have real maccros in game though. And all those pesky things you wouldn't remember like idling or dusk stuff or day/weather mp/hp etc
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-22 06:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With my custom scripts,

DRK: 629 lines
PLD: 569 lines
THF: 776 lines
RDM: 861 lines
DRG: 651 lines

while melees don't have quite as much as RDM, I still think they gain a lot if you're cunning with it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 07:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Easiest as said is just to edit what someone else has on there for your gear. But without some understanding you wont know what its doing or how to gear. And some are huge full of stuff you probably wont use

if you've no prior experience with xml there will probably be some head scratching

still, i managed to figure it out within a day or so with no prior coding experience, so it's not that hard

also, some of the more detailed xml's may give you ideas for gearing you hadn't previously thought of

i was a purple paladin when i opened my first spellcast xml and got hit with a really big cluebat
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 07:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I don't mean the xml part. That's pretty easy just look at everything else around it and mimic. Plus if you *** up yay it tells you where more or less. Usually lol.

I mean kinda like figuring out what it is doing when on the more complicated ones. Takes some getting used to from just hitting maccro and spell going off and some gear swapping to hey I do something and 1 billion things happen how do I tell what's happening where omg ahh.

Goddamn 30 gear swaps for 1 nuke lol