Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Carabosse Gem Linkshell
Carabosse Gem Linkshell
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-18 16:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. Since I know a few of you people are working hard to cover magian trials getting kills and stuff. I was wondering would anyone be interested in starting a linkshell together for the sole purpose of getting Carabosse Gems/farming cruor.
If you are interested /tell me ingame or send me a message.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-07-18 18:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

count me in volk!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xentius
user: Xentius
By Quetzalcoatl.Xentius 2010-07-20 01:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So say you get 18 people, how you plan to produce 900 gems and expect people to buy into doing 1 weapon at a time?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in order to spawn Carabosse you need keyitems from both Baba Yaga and La Theine Liege. First few days we'll spend farming pop items for Yaga/liege or if you want you can buy it off someone. Once people get key items in order to spawn carabosse, it will be your-pop your drop. and repeat the process
Quetzalcoatl.Xentius said:
...how you...expect people to buy into doing 1 weapon at a time?
I think that path is rather selfish. And again these weapons will take time and effort to get, just like a relic/mythic weapon. All in all, Once things get started and everything goes smoothly should only take a few months to get everyone their weapon. Besides the nm's can die rather fast with a full alliance.
Any other questions?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xentius
user: Xentius
By Quetzalcoatl.Xentius 2010-07-20 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize to do 1 weapon you will have to kill a minimum of 25 Carabosse, that is if 2 gem drop. It takes usually 1 90 min trip to kill 2 baba/liege, you may get lucky with key item or not. So say it takes an average of 4 kills of each to get key item, it will take you 180 mins of time (6 days worth of traverser stones) unless you are lucky with exp parties and get max time. So lets go with the average above for example, 6 days of stones/time to get a Carabosse set. Carabosse will not always drop 2 gems, say average of 1 a kill. So you need 50 kills to get 1 weapon done, that would take "1" person 300 days worth of stones/time to make a weapon with your proposed set system. Which if you have 18 people wanting to do a weapon, well its not going to happen for any of them.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Xentius, if you don't want to be apart of it then don't even post. This is for people who are interested in doing this. I'm just trying to make a system thats fair for people who join. If you got a better idea then say it.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-20 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do like any other linkshell leader in the history of relics and get your own first then leave.

He's right. If you do an even split, it will take you all years to even see the first one finished.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Just do like any other linkshell leader in the history of relics and get your own first then leave. He's right. If you do an even split, it will take you all years to even see the first one finished.
that would be a douchebag move tbh. And i'm not a douchebag.
I don't want to be the leader that takes advantage of others for personal gain. But its really up to the people who join. Some may want to get gems, others may just want a steady group of people to farm cruor with.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 14:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

in 2 months the cap is going to 85, then 90, then 95, then 99. do the run solo in a year or with 2-3 people when the mobs are loleasy in that abyssea. or wait for the next weapon that will be lvl 85-99
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
in 2 months the cap is going to 85, then 90, then 95, then 99. do the run solo in a year or with 2-3 people when the mobs are loleasy in that abyssea. or wait for the next weapon that will be lvl 85-99
Okay seriously...only people on Quetz should be replying to this
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 14:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Just do like any other linkshell leader in the history of relics and get your own first then leave. He's right. If you do an even split, it will take you all years to even see the first one finished.
that would be a douchebag move tbh. And i'm not a douchebag.
I don't want to be the leader that takes advantage of others for personal gain. But its really up to the people who join. Some may want to get gems, others may just want a steady group of people to farm cruor with.

cruor farm is not from popping baba and fly, sorry, you get 40k-60k cruor from 3-5 hour exp runs, in a few weeks, once everyone understands the lights, it will be 3 hour exp run, max time, then nm popping for said items.

there are alot of stats to get in abyssea to assist you in killing these things with 4-6 people, id say do that with hps mps boost and dex/str boost.

thats my different idea to the 18 alliance

i hate the ls i got into cause they run around the zone killing nms for equip, when all i want is crour and abyssites
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 14:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Okay seriously...only people on Quetz should be replying to this

where do you think midgard got sent at server mash?????........................
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 14:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
............................... Okay seriously...only people on Quetz should be replying to this
wasn't paying attention (at work taking calls). But anywho. its a magian trial weapon...it gets better with each trial. Also its empyream (can't spell) weapon. So...why wait a year when it can be done this year
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
............................... Okay seriously...only people on Quetz should be replying to this
wasn't paying attention (at work taking calls). But anywho. its a magian trial weapon...it gets better with each trial. Also its empyream (can't spell) weapon. So...why wait a year when it can be done this year

but really unless your ls is going to do exp runs everyother day, cap time and then do pops
then leave and come back and do pops, the math isnt there to get it done in less then 6 months per person, just helping with idea to keep people in there.

i would join cause i dont care for any of the drops, i just want to cap all 80/merits/ and get all the abyssites key items, but if its only baba and fly 5 times then dub item nm pop, no thanks ><
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 15:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You think it would be possible while farming for time extensions/cruor you can pop a nm during this?
Depending on the group I think they can be out there longer than 120min
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-20 15:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't all emotional at my contribution here. Your going to have to be a lot more specific on how you are going to work this. The above posters are very much correct in breaking down the time required to get these gems. Perhaps it will get easier as the caps rise so do keep that in mind. However keep in mind in order to get more time you'd have to have a mess of people slay monsters for quite some time and then ask them to stay longer to kill the NM's, every day. Its quite a large commitment and can't think of many people wanting to do the same thing every day for hours on end every day.

Even with relics and mythics, linkshells typically focus on 1-2 at a time.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 15:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You think it would be possible while farming for time extensions/cruor you can pop a nm during this?
Depending on the group I think they can be out there longer than 120min

if you break chain, the chests reset and you dont get time any more, the nms still break chain, it would be wize to do a 90-120 minute run for cruor and exp, get 120+ minutes in time ext, then pop nms. that way everyone has 1st nm pop items
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-07-20 15:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Xentius, if you don't want to be apart of it then don't even post. This is for people who are interested in doing this. I'm just trying to make a system thats fair for people who join. If you got a better idea then say it.
I hate little ***-for-brains *** like you who respond to someone pointing out huge, gaping chasms in your logic with "OMG IF UR NOT GONNA AGREE WITH ME DONT SAY ANYTHING"

I mean, its just another example of illiteracy run wild in America, but still... quite annoying.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 15:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

W/e if people join, we'll figure out a way.
But thanks for the lack in optimism
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-20 15:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
I hate little ***-for-brains *** like you who respond to someone pointing out huge, gaping chasms in your logic with "OMG IF UR NOT GONNA AGREE WITH ME DONT SAY ANYTHING"

I mean, its just another example of illiteracy run wild in America, but still... quite annoying.

HA
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-20 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If nothing else we are pointing out issues you may come across. So you should be thanking us.

Your members (If anyone actually joins) will have the same issues and questions that we have brought up to you.

So you should take all this ***in and think long and hard, so that when they ask you can answer. Otherwise you'll just look like an ***.

Stop getting emotionally bent out of shape, and just come up with a solid gameplan. Then you can answer the questions that are brought to you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 15:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol emotionally bent out of shape...
I'm trying to come up with a plan thats fair to everyone.
If you have an idea besides waiting a year to do it then tell me. So far the idea of waiting a year then doing it...or attempting to do it now which might take a year.
So w/e
So tell me, what would be a "solid gameplan" besides waiting a year to do it
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-20 15:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first of all go with less than 18 people. Carabosse can be killed with less.

Secondly, have your members pick their magian key items and do NMs accordingly. You're not going to find tons of people that all need Carabosse gems and not other key items for their other upgrades.

Finally, listen to those telling you to farm time extensions first. Get your time up as much as you can before you start, so that you're not out of traverser stones all the time.

You're welcome.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 16:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Well first of all go with less than 18 people. Carabosse can be killed with less. Secondly, have your members pick their magian key items and do NMs accordingly. You're not going to find tons of people that all need Carabosse gems and not other key items for their other upgrades. Finally, listen to those telling you to farm time extensions first. Get your time up as much as you can before you start, so that you're not out of traverser stones all the time. You're welcome.
sounds good So maybe like 10 people max
some can be going for the gems, others for items
can do it twice a week or go with that idea of farming for time first. but really depends on people's schedules
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-20 16:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if others are doing it for items, you're going to want to kill more than Carabosse. Are you limiting the NMs to Latheine, or are all of the zones fair game?

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 16:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just carabosse and nms associated with it atm
perhaps once the few people who are actually going for the weapons are done, we can go for other nms. or can alternate zones
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-20 16:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish you the best of luck, you're going to need it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-20 16:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So Besides Dawnn and me. Who else wants to join :D