Aurore Brais Rare
[Legs] All Races
DEF:35 Accuracy+9 Ranged Accuracy+9 Haste+3% Set: "Store TP"+8
LV 78 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

Ocelot Trousers RareEx
[Legs] All Races
DEF:23 Accuracy+6 Evasion+10 Haste+4% Enmity+6
LV 79 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP

Ok for all the banwagoners 1st if you have Homam your a fool to toss them for Auro's not to mention the hard work it took to get them. Auro's offer a +6 acc inc but if your acc was capped they are worthless to people who already had homam at the most Auro's are a side grade for homam users, they are really only great if you don't have homam. Now Ocelot Trousers gives you and extra 1% haste +3 acc and +10 evasion, yes they are better but again i'd say side grade. As a homam user I'll go for Ocelots and skip Auro's if you have no Homam legs the grab Auro's until ocelots. But all this Auro's is way supperior to homam is just a joke. On a similar note any Blu full Timing the auro set is banwagon the set is trash for blu compared to a homam/relic tp set or a Af+1/endkidu Physical casting set hands down. I'm just loling at all the banwagon blu in full pink Auro's and won't get any type love from me if your full timing this set. Lmao just like seeing sam in full perla just a fukin joke....8D Wrap up auro legs FTW if you cnnt capp acc or get a pair of homam. Also its crazy to see people tossing dusk hands and feet for auro...the banwagoners are just lol.
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-07-16 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

sup kalicoooooo
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-07-16 13:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

really? state the obvious for the morons who wont even care to change their veiws even IF they take the time to calc their stats?
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-16 13:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:
sup kalicoooooo

Hey bro where ya been love the avatar!

BOOBIES !!!! ftw 8D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 13:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows. The people who don't, likely don't visit forums or care.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 13:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel it would be smarter to TP in Ocelot Trousers and cast in Homam.

Also, how difficult something to obtain something shouldn't effect what you use. There is gear out now that makes Salvage look like a joke. If you continue to use the Salvage gear just because "it took you a long time to get it," you just look foolish.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-07-16 13:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Aurore legs and feet to TP in, and the only reason I'll get rid of them is when Homam drops for me. I absolutely hate Dusk gear; I'm glad I already have Homam hands, so now I don't have to worry about a "walk" macro.

I do agree seeing people in full Aurore is kinda saddening, though. Now if the Aurore set gave a haste bonus like Perle...
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-16 13:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter kali what you think, Everyone is entitled to their one's thoughts and expressions. Hence why we have our own freedoms and express the way we play. I had sought this set out b.c as BLU/DNC, I figured haste is not bad, b.c I can add swift to this, , H.E.. it has been noted that I cud merely swap the beret for Walmart,( Walmart has haste too) for HP and MP as blu will require the MP difference ( Hp is also good, doesn't hurt).

I know, I will see a tremendous change in the way I get tp, as If I want to equip Tail Slap and Sickle Slash to get Store TP Trait, plus Ecphoira and Chivalrous Chain AND the Bonus Store TP +8 off gear, I cannot see why Fulltiming this gear wouldn't hurt.( only reason I can get faster TP for DNC moves)

Snapshot , is just an added effect for ranging with my Muskatter's Chakram anyways....

IDC what you or others think, your input may be valid, but don't think I'll " Bandwagon it!!"

I know my reasons for Aurore, and that's what I think.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-16 13:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What salvage gear has become "a joke"?

Edit: That wasn't already border line useful.
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-16 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Aurore Brais because I don't have Homam pants. I use Aurore Doublet because i'll never get relic body and i don't have anything else that is better.

As stated, Aurore is good for those without Homam pieces. Pants and Body are the only two pieces I really care for out of the set.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-16 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Majae said:
I use Aurore Brais because I don't have Homam pants. I use Aurore Doublet because i'll never get relic body and i don't have anything else that is better.

As stated, Aurore is good for those without Homam pieces. Pants and Body are the only two pieces I really care for out of the set.

2 good OTHER reasons, why I got this set too.

Once thief is 78, I can sell my Dragon legs...

Free up some space in MH too. Blu and Thf can wear this gear..
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-16 13:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurore has same Haste, more Acc. Homan has the HP and MP, but I lose that when I cast anyway. Only thing Homan has on it is fastcast, and since I do physical spells in Enkidu, even that isn't terribly useful. I would macro Homan in a few spells to get the fast cast, but not in many places. Your argument Homan vs Aurore falls flat. I will give you the Ocelot Trousers though, they are superior to Homan and Aurore.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-16 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Aurore has same Haste, more Acc. Homan has the HP and MP, but I lose that when I cast anyway. Only thing Homan has on it is fastcast, and since I do physical spells in Enkidu, even that isn't terribly useful. I would macro Homan in a few spells to get the fast cast, but not in many places. Your argument Homan vs Aurore falls flat. I will give you the Ocelot Trousers though, they are superior to Homan and Aurore.

I take you really didn't read the op but its cool....
 Asura.Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-16 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

@Eyrhika - I don't know man, Homam feet beat Aurore feet in my opinion, for tp. At least for me, because I would rather have the HP/MP and Acc +6.

I'm using Cobra Unit leggings right now for feet, but again, i'd rather have the ACC. because as far as I can tell on FFXI calculator I can't hit acc cap on certain mobs without sushi.

but this is just me working with the gear i can obtain.

EDIT: Finally got Homam feet, no longer have a need for Cobra Unit Leggings. Waste of AN points now though!
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-16 13:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I read it. Aurore > Homan for TPing, not just a sidegrade. The HP/MP is lost since you should be changing to cast anyways, and Aurore has more acc(even if it isn't much). It is better than Homan for TPing in, period.

Edit: I am talking Legs only, not the rest of the set.

Edit2: MP on Homan is useless, all of those slots have pieces that are pretty easy to obtain that you should be casting your physical spells in.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

I don't know, I haven't read the specifics. I just know people have been whining lately about "OMG THIS MAKES XXX SALVAGE HEAD USELESS NAO."
 Valefor.Syna
Server: Valefor
user: Syna
By Valefor.Syna 2010-07-16 13:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

man dude i know what u mean i will never give up my Homam Pants for my BLU or will i ever give up my Magus jubbah +1 ya i use gear swapping like others but i wouldnt full time that gear but thats IMO
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-16 13:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP

What's wrong with using both homam AND Aurore?
Aurore have more acc -> better tp-piece.
Homam have fast cast aswell as haste -> better for spells you want shorter recast for, win-win!

Didnt read it all, too messy + wall of text, but yeah..
Those Aurore pants are so easy to get there's no excuse not to use them over homam for tping.
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Homan

Why does people think it's called homaN ?
[+]
 Asura.Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-16 13:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
No, I read it. Aurore > Homan for TPing, not just a sidegrade. The HP/MP is lost since you should be changing to cast anyways, and Aurore has more acc(even if it isn't much). It is better than Homan for TPing in, period.

Edit: I am talking Legs only, not the rest of the set.

Edit2: MP on Homan is useless, all of those slots have pieces that are pretty easy to obtain that you should be casting your physical spells in.

Well yes, in regards to legs I agree Ocelot > Aurore > Homam for TP.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The thought of Homam being replaced even a slight bit is unheard of! SE would never do such a thing!
 Odin.Venomous
By Odin.Venomous 2010-07-16 13:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Ok for all the banwagoners 1st if you have Homam your a fool to toss them for Auro's not to mention the hard work it took to get them.

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Doesn't matter kali what you think, Everyone is entitled to their one's thoughts and expressions. Hence why we have our own freedoms and express the way we play. I had sought this set out b.c as BLU/DNC, I figured haste is not bad, b.c I can add swift to this, , H.E.. it has been noted that I cud merely swap the beret for Walmart,( Walmart has haste too) for HP and MP as blu will require the MP difference ( Hp is also good, doesn't hurt).

I know, I will see a tremendous change in the way I get tp, as If I want to equip Tail Slap and Sickle Slash to get Store TP Trait, plus Ecphoira and Chivalrous Chain AND the Bonus Store TP 8 off gear, I cannot see why Fulltiming this gear wouldn't hurt.( only reason I can get faster TP for DNC moves)

Snapshot , is just an added effect for ranging with my Muskatter's Chakram anyways....

IDC what you or others think, your input may be valid, but don't think I'll " Bandwagon it!!"

[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-16 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Store TP for dual wielders, really? If that's worth losing 2% haste, you must be on crack, or just really like full timing your all pink set...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-07-16 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Homam Pants, please keep them and use it, buy Aurore, and use them accordingly. Let no one fool you, Aurore IS better than Homam, in situations where high Acc+ is needed. If you are fully merited on sword, you have a little more leeway to use Homam more often for w/e reason.

Consider if Haste on both pants never existed. What would you use for TPing?

Homam Cosciales RareEx
[Legs] All Races
DEF:35 HP+26 MP+26 Accuracy+3 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
LV 75 THF PLD DRK DRG BLU

or

Aurore Brais Rare
[Legs] All Races
DEF:35 Accuracy+9 Ranged Accuracy+9 Set: "Store TP"+8
LV 78 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

HP/MP Acc+3, 3% Fast Cast vs Acc+9. What's obvious is obvious.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-16 14:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

I don't know, I haven't read the specifics. I just know people have been whining lately about "OMG THIS MAKES XXX SALVAGE HEAD USELESS NAO."

Well, most salvage heads were useless anyways unless used in full set (usu head, morrigan head)

Marduk being the only good stand alone piece.

But no, people are just being dumb.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Well, most salvage heads were useless anyways unless used in full set (usu head, morrigan head)

Marduk being the only good stand alone piece.

But no, people are just being dumb.

Oh okay. Should've expected. I fell for ze trolls then =(
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-16 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Eff the trolls.. This game is all a matter of opinion, and above all stated, I like my opinion, and there isn't a damn thing that will change my thoughts.

My opinion, my game, my gear.

Everyone else, troll on, fish on, w.e you want to do..

<shakes head>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, when it comes down to it, it's all math. People just choose to not care about it. Nothing wrong with that, but numbers don't lie, lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Oh Eff the trolls.. This game is all a matter of opinion, and above all stated, I like my opinion, and there isn't a damn thing that will change my thoughts.

<shakes head>

Use whatever gear you want, but don't expect an invite if simply because you pay a monthly fee. I pay a monthly fee too, and I'm not going to have my fun ruined due to someone trying to be a non conformist.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-16 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

<shakes head>

Use whatever gear you want, but don't expect an invite if simply because you pay a monthly fee. I pay a monthly fee too, and I'm not going to have my fun ruined due to someone trying to be a non conformist.

Hey Troll, Glad your not on my server.. Go ostracize elsewhere, Flion, that's all your really good at anyways. o.0

<facepalm>

See this....

Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Ok for all the banwagoners 1st if you have Homam your a fool to toss them for Auro's not to mention the hard work it took to get them.

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

I know, I will see a tremendous change in the way I get tp, as If I want to equip Tail Slap and Sickle Slash to get Store TP Trait, plus Ecphoira and Chivalrous Chain AND the Bonus Store TP 8 off gear, I cannot see why Fulltiming this gear wouldn't hurt.( only reason I can get faster TP for DNC moves)

My case stated.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 14:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not even trolling, lol. It's true. If you want to be all "I PAYZ ZE MONFLY FEE I DU WAT I WANTZ" then you have to look at it from both sides. Go do what you want do alone. Don't ruin the rest of the party's $13 each.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11