2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » "Top Characters" on the front page
"Top Characters" on the front page
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-08 09:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What does this mean exactly? Does this have something to do with how much you're using this site? I see my name in their sporadically, so I don't think it has to do with achievements...

Sorry for the dumb quesion...
 Asura.Volition
Server: Asura
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its the amount of people who view your page or search you up.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 10:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Before they refurbished the front-page, that used to say "Characters Most Checked" or something similar. Perhaps its the character that checked that item the most?
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-08 11:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Volition said:

I assume this aswell. Most of the people on my server who's names appear on that list are either a relic holder, Maat's hat holder, large LS leader, popular synther, someone that is suspected AH bot, or a random person that gets searched alot sometime.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-08 11:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Go look at someone at the bottom of the list, then alternate between something they sold/bought and their page by clicking the links. Or simply search for their name with the Player Search over and over. It'll raise their name on the list. It's not that people are looking them up or clicking the links... Most of those people on the list are stroking their own e-peens by loading their own pages over and over.
 Lakshmi.Badkarma
Server: Lakshmi
user: BK
By Lakshmi.Badkarma 2009-01-08 12:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Go look at someone at the bottom of the list, then alternate between something they sold/bought and their page by clicking the links. Or simply search for their name with the Player Search over and over. It'll raise their name on the list. It's not that people are looking them up or clicking the links... Most of those people on the list are stroking their own e-peens by loading their own pages over and over.

no,one persons check can only count once and only once
 Hades.Samuraishi
Server: Hades
By Hades.Samuraishi 2009-01-08 12:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Badkarma said:
Tbest said:

no,one persons check can only count once and only once

no, trust me... one person can check themselves as much as they want to increase their count... no way did so many people check me to leave me on the list all day, when i attempted this,
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-01-08 13:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Volition said:

yup

Tbest said:

nope