75 To 80 Camps, You Can Still Party Here.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 75 to 80 Camps, you can still party here.
75 to 80 Camps, you can still party here.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I would let everyone know, that after 1 hour and my party was rec'ing 14.1-16k hour, that Bhaflau Thickets ( Colibri / Wivre ) Camp is still a good place to go. I just attained 76 and we had a nice set up made up of the following:

Blu/Dnc, Sam/War, Drg/Whm, Drg/Rdm, Rdm/Whm, Pld/War

We Level-Sync'd with me b.c I was the lowest, and we faught birds, on the second tier, just after you fall.( You can also take out the Wivres, if you like if you think you want to, for drops or Exp pts, or if you think your wiping too many birds out and there is a camp at the bottom too)

We also had a 75 come, which we level-sync'd to and we stopped briefly to de-sync and re sync up so he could Meri-po
to rec'd the Limit Break Quest.

Was very nice camp, we disbanded and I still had 6 K to go, which I will Campaign battle afterwards or w.e .

We had like 5 level ups there too.

I'm just sharing all this with all of you. Please post your thoughts and suggestions and other experiences with other OLD MERIPO camps.

~Neon~
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-02 11:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

14k/hr at Greater Colibri's with 2 DRG and a SAM is good? >_>

I was racking 20k/hr with a BLM, RDM, PLD, MNK, MNK, SAM.

And since when is AU an "old meripo camp", it's the most recent one up until the last update.
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-07-02 11:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You have BLU, RDM, and PLD in the pt. Why in the hell are both DRGs subbing mage?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-02 11:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We were on ~24k there the other day synced to 75, think it was rdm cor nin mnk thf blu. That's about as much as I've ever gotten, no idea how people hit that 30k threshold there... Anyway, come 76 and it dropped to ~20-21k. Which is still well decent in my book. Not sure what it would drop to at 77, but 78 onwards it would be miserable.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 12:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
You have BLU, RDM, and PLD in the pt. Why in the hell are both DRGs subbing mage?

I shouted in WG and they were already those subs... so, since making a hasty decision, I thought, " Meh, wth then..."

told them to come as they were.

We were murdering birds there like tomorrow, it didn't matter.

the new ppl that came along, sams I said to sub /WAR for Dble Attack.

It still ran fine.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-02 12:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

If your going to /mage why the hell would you drg/whm slow more costly hb's and nothing that /rdm doesn't have aside from RR and if you /whm your more likely to need it...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 12:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're getting 14-16k/hr you're not murdering birds like no tomorrow.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-07-02 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's from setups like these that make me wanna /wrist.

Go to another camp and leave the meripo birds to a party that can really milk that camp on a 33k/h meripo.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-02 12:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

24-25k an hour is about max if you only kill birds on one level. You can splat them as fast as they pop and you'll risk loosing chain if long repops happen. This is the point where you have to switch to cor's roll to get any higher. If another camp is free you can pull from there and boost it up a good bit but good luck with that being free. If you want really good exp you will probably have to kill wivres and I wouldn't recommend it with out either 2 people who can erase or a whm for esuna otherwise it's a good start for a chain breaker.

I usually merit with Drg X3, brd, cor and a whm or rdm. Angon is a good way to keep chain when birds start to pop in odd intervals.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 12:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Dracondria... Well ok poo on my party... it looked like we were... excuse me </sigh>

@ Tripster... No one was there, it was a /toss up on trolls, birds.. was all a experiment, b.c I just dinged 76. ( Plus I was in a hurry to get off level 75)

To everyone: We made it work, we all had fun, so <shrugs>

I liked it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mushashi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mushashi
By Quetzalcoatl.Mushashi 2010-07-02 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
It's from setups like these that make me wanna /wrist.

Go to another camp and leave the meripo birds to a party that can really milk that camp on a 33k/h meripo.

I guess your one of these leet players that we should stop everything and bow down to you? XP is Xp plain and simple. If the camp is free then 14k/hr is what they get. If the ppl in the party don't like it, well they have the choice to leave. Good job for making yourself sound like an *** though. Cheers.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-07-02 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol am i out of the loop or has colibri some how been dead for along time and he is the new adventurer to "Re discover" them?
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you meant me Lowblow, I wanted to try the Colibri camp there. I fgured as much... if its a meripo camp.. why not make it a exp camp?

Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-07-02 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Because xp and merits are earned at the same speed and method?

So how is it an old camp, switch to xp mode or merit mode, you still kill the same mobs at teh same rate. Especialyl when your syncing to 75..

So i dont see how any of it is "old" or "new"

Its the standard camp for xp/merit burning for hte past years ><
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2010-07-02 12:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

I liked it.
This is FFXI, my friend. I for one know you were simply trying to help, but if you throw up any numbers without providing some sort of groundbreaking discovery, you'd best prepare to get your e-peen insulted because your numbers will never be as high as someone else's.

"Community" is just a word.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-02 13:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well duh, syncing to 75 in bibiki will get you 14k an hour too.
tell me where to go at 78-80 to still get 20k an hour and some skill ups, this sync to 75 to get to 80 is redickuleioieououeS!!!
hope its not the same to get to 85 in 2 months.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-07-02 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how everyone seems to have expected that SE was going to offer up something squishier than Colibri.

SE did add new mobs here an there, adjusted levels, etc, with the intent of new camps. The trick there is that not all mobs are created equally, so in some cases, it just didn't work. I.e. they could have added a potential camp that was full of morbols, and no one would touch it.

If you're min/maxing, right now, Colibri are still the fastest. If all you're looking for is numbers, then sync to 75, and stfu. Good luck claiming a bird camp.

I'm hardly an authority, but the first new camp I've seen of any merit, that actually runs through to 79, maybe 80ish, is Uleguerand Range, up by Jormy, on Scowlenkos.

It's not an 'easy' camp, can be done with a TP burn setup, traditional setup perhaps if you're not 100% on the quality of your party. They link, aggro, etc. A party of 75s or 80s will have the most issues in this camp due to Level 5 Petrify, but the rest is no more annoying than imps, just without the exp bonus.

I was pulling 16k an hour or so through it, and while that's certainly not groundbreaking, it's a decent camp, you can skill up the whole way, and we weren't even all that optimal a setup. That was also with me at 75, and the next lowest member being 78.

Misareaux Coast birds seem decent, but it looks to be a slightly higher than 75 camp. A good setup seems to burn through them at a decent rate. Probably won't equal colibri, but then again, what does?

There's a reason so many people will sync at 37, 55, 61, and then merit/75. If you didn't *** about it from 37-75, repeatedly, why are you bitching more, now?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-02 13:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see anyone here bitching, most people are just saying that:

1. 14k/hr on Greater Colibri (especially with the jobs in PT) is hardly "good" and in most cases, below average.

2. Colibri's aren't "old" or "new" camps. Old camps are typically thought of as the ones that are becoming "popular" now. Lufaise, Kuftal, KRT, etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-07-02 13:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf is "rec'ing" and "rec'd"???
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-02 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I don't really see anyone here bitching, most people are just saying that:

1. 14k/hr on Greater Colibri (especially with the jobs in PT) is hardly "good" and in most cases, below average.

2. Colibri's aren't "old" or "new" camps. Old camps are typically thought of as the ones that are becoming "popular" now. Lufaise, Kuftal, KRT, etc.

and only because all of the camps are taken.

i got to 75 on two jobs before level sync and now its good for 2-3 lvl different fixes, but i dont lvl sync to 10 in dunes till 37
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-02 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you didn't *** about it from 37-75, repeatedly, why are you bitching more, now?
Because tnls are higher now and exp/merit camps that don't require a sync for good exp/hr are now essentially nonexistent? There's MMM, but even that is terrible once you get a bunch of people trying to use it at the same time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-02 13:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao! Rylis I'm not sure how I even read all of the way through your posts when I don't know it's you. I always find out after I'm done reading.

And I can't wait to party on PLD again!
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2010-07-02 14:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The 30/35k/hr people are ones that use anniversary band and then look at their xp watch after 45 mins and say we pull 35k and hr;(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-02 14:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that you've never done it doesn't mean it's impossible.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-02 14:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said:
The 30/35k/hr people are ones that use anniversary band and then look at their xp watch after 45 mins and say we pull 35k and hr;(
30k like 3 years ago was impressive but now it should be a starting point for merits..and with all the xp bands you can use 35k+ isn't hard to reach anymore.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-02 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

faught.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mineyl said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

I liked it.
This is FFXI, my friend. I for one know you were simply trying to help, but if you throw up any numbers without providing some sort of groundbreaking discovery, you'd best prepare to get your e-peen insulted because your numbers will never be as high as someone else's.

"Community" is just a word.

Love throwing your EPEEN out there, don't ya?

0.o </stare>........
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-02 14:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a 35k/hr pt at the bottom camp with anniv band a few days ago :D

and I think the most I got without was around 25k/hr. I think the majority of amazing parties I've had either had multiple really good DD's or at a minimum mediocre DD's and a relic DD. lol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-02 15:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit I used my Anni ring, but it never last long...

..but still other ppl love to pick ppl apart and say they are the greatest ever...

oh well community you say??? Interwebz exactly.

( somewhere, a village has lots its idiot).