This May Sound Like A Stupid Question..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » This may sound like a stupid question..
This may sound like a stupid question..
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 03:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've googled and can't find the answer to it, so I'm forced to ask.

Is there a way to calculate what any certain mob will con as simply using their level range, and your own level? Example: EM is -1 to +1 of your current level, or VT is +4 to +6 of your current level..
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 03:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/EXP

halfway down the page there is a chart that shows what is EP/DC etc at what levels, but it doesn't include level 76+ yet

edit: it does include 76+ what they check as, but not all of the exp values..

I hope this helps :)
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 03:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, if I can figure out how to read it right (which I think I have, will have to test to see)
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 04:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

at 75:

-8 to -19 is easy prey
-7 to -1 is decent challence
0 is even match
+1 to +3 is tough
+4 to +7 is VT
and +8 or higher is IT

so at 75 the lowest level mob you can kill for exp is 56
and at 76 the lowest is 52..

kinda weird how that works out
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 04:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's not for 75 actually, it's for 51~ was trying to figure out where me and the wife could go to duo on BLM, all the guides on wiki are for soloing and even if we jump ahead a camp or two we still seem to always get horrible EXP..
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-01 04:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Well it's not for 75 actually, it's for 51~ was trying to figure out where me and the wife could go to duo on BLM, all the guides on wiki are for soloing and even if we jump ahead a camp or two we still seem to always get horrible EXP..

You've probably already seen this guide but just in case,
BLM Solo/Duo Guide This took me from 30-75.
Leech pets in Gustav give amazing exp at lvl 51 and there are 3 camps all right next to each other. I'd just recommend you and your partner split up and take 2 camps.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 04:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't do that, she's not really all that great with the whole pulling thing and ***.. That is the guide I've been using but going by it exactly has left us with complete ***for EXP off each mob (100 EXP or less when we should be pulling closer to 200 according to the guide.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 04:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: removed stuff about the goblin's leech camp
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-01 04:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't do that, she's not really all that great with the whole pulling thing and ***.. That is the guide I've been using but going by it exactly has left us with complete ***for EXP off each mob (100 EXP or less when we should be pulling closer to 200 according to the guide.

You don't have to pull at that lvl. Just throw on an Aquilo staff and cast freeze and it should be 1 shotted unless you get a resist on like firesday. Even if the Gob is facing the pet, as long as you 1-shot it wont aggro.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 04:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Her elemental isn't capped, I've only seen her 1 shot a couple of them out of like 30+ that we were there for.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-01 04:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Her elemental isn't capped, I've only seen her 1 shot a couple of them out of like 30 that we were there for.

Go to a besieged and spam stone I's and stuff. Use up all your abilities, items, mp. Then zone out to WG and walk into MH. Re-enter repeat. Promise you'll have elemental capped in 1 lvl 8 besieged.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 04:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh, ok.. I'd say you'd want to go after 53-55 mobs.. something that can be slept and aspired.

blazer beetles in crawlers nest might be good..
it will probably take two freezes each to kill one beetle, but you can aspir them, so that will speed up the resting a bit.

it's not better than the goblin's leech camp, but it's probably safer if you can't pull pets

can camp in the secret room and pull from the south. beetles link based on sight, but you should be able to sleep them easy enough.

have one person pull (probably with aspir) and the other person be ready to sleep

they're the same level as the pets, so you still might be getting low exp

edit: you could also try beetles in garlaige citadel.. but there's bats there that agro and would be a pain to sleep
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-01 04:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
ahhh, ok.. I'd say you'd want to go after 53-55 mobs.. something that can be slept and aspired.

blazer beetles in crawlers nest might be good..
it will probably take two freezes each to kill one beetle, but you can aspir them, so that will speed up the resting a bit.

it's not better than the goblin's leech camp, but it's probably safer if you can't pull pets

can camp in the secret room and pull from the south. beetles link based on sight, but you should be able to sleep them easy enough.

have one person pull (probably with aspir) and the other person be ready to sleep

Problem with this is that if she's getting resists on a pet I don't see how a normal mob will do much better. Not to mention that Beetles have 3k HP according to wiki which is probably like 4 unresisted freezes.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 04:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I'd say your best bet is to just do FOV pages.. it's not perfect but it'll get the job done... or you could always make a level sync party. capping skills is a must for pet camps though, and 51+ is all pet camps
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-01 04:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
capping skills is a must for everything on BLM
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 04:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I read the graph right, the graph said we'd be making great EXP in Pso'Xja, and we are.. 300 with ring no chain.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-01 04:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much a must for everything on everything

and it's easy to do as blm, just find any mob a couple levels higher than you near a zone, bind it, cast elemental debuffs (shock, burn, etc) and then zone when bind wears off. I remember capping everything on RDM doing things like that. Hell, I even capped archery as RDM

edit: yeah, that's a great camp too :) good luck
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 05:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My skills are capped, and I've been working on hers but she doesn't play a whole lot.. It's not super important for her skills to be capped though, she only duos/trios with me and/or a friend, she doesn't pt or do events or anything like that.
 Ramuh.Valafar
Server: Ramuh
user: Valafar
By Ramuh.Valafar 2010-07-01 05:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I always found that a 51~ duo on those leeches wasn't all that bad for exp. It was a favourite spot to level-sync down to with a friend since it was easier and faster than some of the later camps. Even if she's getting resists on every mob it'll still speed things up - you can finish the resisted pull with a lower spell (less mp used = less time resting = faster kills). Two MP pools are ultimately better than one.

If nothing else it pretty much eliminates the risk of death unless you manage to get a dozen linked gobbies.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 05:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy with where we are, we're making about 9k an hour, and that's including about 5 fluke deaths between the two of us.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 06:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My skills are capped, and I've been working on hers but she doesn't play a whole lot.. It's not super important for her skills to be capped though, she only duos/trios with me and/or a friend, she doesn't pt or do events or anything like that.
I'd disagree. You're looking at changing up camps instead of using ones that are tried and tested because your wife can't one-shot a pet. Get those skills capped, get half-decent gear and even HQ staves if you can and then start one-shotting the mobs. You'll both get exp a lot faster that way, otherwise it'll just make the blm grind all the worse. It really shouldn't take long at all to cap your skills, especially if you help her out with your 75 rdm. Go to Kuftal Tunnel, keep a worm silenced for her, and just have her spam stone 1 for elemental skills and dia for enfeebling skills. An hour of that should cap them out, and will then make your exp a whole lot easier.

Oh, and once you're capped, blm really doesn't have any issue keeping elemental and enfeebling capped unless you're syncing most of your exp.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 06:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's not like she's 40 levels away from cap, she just feel behind a bit because I started 1 shotting the leeches near the end of our stay there.. The exp there was just not that good, even with me 1 shotting, as I said we were pulling in 100~ a leech, maybe that's what most expect from solo/duo on BLM but not me, if it's not near pt exp, its not worth my time TBH

Btw just checked, she's currently 2 levels under cap. Probably got a couple since we got here.

Oh yeah as for EXP an hour in Gustav, it was pulling in a little less then 5k/hr, even with me one shotting and killing as soon as they were up.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 06:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess up-grade her gear then :/

You're right though, 100 a leech is lame, and you're right to move up to the next camp, but if your wife can also pull her weight instead of just leeching off you you'll do better (especially when you can no longer one shot mobs), learn how to play better and probably have more fun to boot.