Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » new Drk waist options
new Drk waist options
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-29 17:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im courious to hear ppls oppinions of the new varity of acc/str waist peices for drks.

Anguinus Belt: DEF:6 Accuracy+15 Attack+15 "Double Attack"+1% LV 78

Sentry Belt: DEF:6 HP-20 STR+5 Accuracy+10 LV 76

Bale Belt: STR+6 INT+6 Accuracy+6 LV 80

Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-29 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't imagine using anything other than the first one for Guillotine. Probably the last one for all single-hit WSs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-29 17:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, basically Anguinus Belt for Guillotine, and possibly other multi-hit WSs etc.

Bale Belt for Spinning Slash and Groundstrike, and possibly other 1-hit WSs etc. (with STR and INT mods specially)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-29 18:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Can't imagine using anything other than the first one for Guillotine.
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Yeah, basically Anguinus Belt for Guillotine, and possibly other multi-hit WSs etc.

That was my first thought, but i see how many drk use the Potient belt's str+3 acc+8 over life belt's Acc+10. Figured someone might consider the Str+ wotrh the acc- for ws. (not that capping acc on drk is the easiest thing)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-29 19:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Can't imagine using anything other than the first one for Guillotine.
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

That was my first thought, but i see how many drk use the Potient belt's str 3 acc 8 over life belt's Acc 10. Figured someone might consider the Str wotrh the acc- for ws. (not that capping acc on drk is the easiest thing)

True, the amount of accuracy needed on WS, (guillotine specially, since it is 4 hits) depends on what you are fighting because different mobs require you to have less or more accuracy than others etc...Then because of that, it is good to have a standard Multi-hit WS gear set and then another multi-hit WS set with more accuracy for more evasive mobs like THF mamools, if you get flashed, or just fighting higher level mobs in generals etc.

The accuracy+15 from Anguinus Belt looks very nice for Multi-hit WSs; however, it also has double attack+1% and attack+15, which is also quite nice.

Additionally, Guillotine has STR and MND modifiers; however, they aren't that high as compared to other WS's modifiers...

More specifically, guillotine modifiers are:

25% STR, and 25% MND.

Attack usually has more impact on Guillotine. (unless you're capping your attack already, or that the Str piece is high enough to give a similar amount of attack than another pure attack piece. It depends on how much you have of STR on one piece and how much of attack you have on another piece, generally speaking etc.)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-29 19:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 are great options for guillotine. The top definitely wins in virtually all situations though. The Bale Belt however is a close second, with the highest Available STR on a belt (That does not incur a penalty like on Bobcat) as well as a sizable accuracy bonus.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 19:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
All 3 are great options for guillotine. The top definitely wins in virtually all situations though. The Bale Belt however is a close second, with the highest Available STR on a belt (That does not incur a penalty like on Bobcat) as well as a sizable accuracy bonus.

Basically this. It's gonna depend on if you got capped acc or not for the situation. I'd get ang and bale to swap out with and bale for Gsword /thf.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-29 19:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

gawd damn...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-29 19:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I'd get ang and bale to swap out with and ang for Gsword /thf.

What?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-29 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

What?
He said he'd get ang and bale to swap out with and ang for Gsword /thf.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-29 19:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bale Belt is a amazing Cata Belt :Q Can't wait to get a hold of one, as for Guillotine, top belt is pretty amazing
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-29 19:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

What?

Think he means the /thf part.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-29 20:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

What?

It means to put Thief as your support job
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-29 20:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

What?

It means to put Thief as your support job

Why would people automatically still link GS with /thf ?

Are we back in 2005? <.<

Edit:

Also Bale Belt should be better than Anguinus Belt for GS 1-hit WSs like Spinning slash and groundstrike, because they both have STR and INT modifiers, as well as a 50% Cratio bonus for spinning slash, and 75% Cratio bonus for Groundstrike...which means that attack will have little to no effect on those WSs.(attack still helps some on HNMs as Cratio bonus is not enough to cap you but it may not really give the full attack value as if you didn't have the Cratio bonus, and on weaker mobs, attack does nothing for those GS WSs). Also as 1-hit WSs, they have an accuracy bonus.

If I understood Samuraiking's post correctly, he seemed to have suggested that he would use Anguinus Belt for GS and as /thf. =/
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 22:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ooo Cata belt <3.

You're nuts not to use the top belt for all multihit WSs regardless of accuracy. If capped accuracy you can add STR in other slots *gasp* gear changes.

Hasso is over a 10% damage boost not to mention /sams ability to 6 hit you with most weapons. There is no way at all /thf is ever better unless you're doing dark ixion or not full time meleeing. I am disappoint sir.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 22:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote isn't working so I'm just gonna say i'm responding to Gaizz's last post.

Gsword is absolute trash. It's only purpose is /thf on HNM. I personally would rather /sam and sc with Insurgency because I am geared properly. If i'm not leading an event and i'm told /thf I'm not gonna bother to argue with them because it's not worth the hassle. Considering you lack the common sense to understand this concept I will assume you are gimp and fall into the category that has to /thf and you should get a bale belt for it.

Gsword is ***. If you don't like it, I, as well as all the other decent drks could care less. Not gonna bother to argue with you on common knowledge. Gswords only purpose is for drks to /thf with because they lack the acc/atk to handle /sam with the proper scythe weapon.

Edit: I just realized I said ang for /thf gsword wtf. I was referring to bale belt for the mods. Ang is only for crazy ***u need acc on badly WITH scythe. People are still trying to justify using *** Gsword /sam? gtfo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 22:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote isn't working so I'm just gonna say i'm responding to Gaizz's last post. Gsword is absolute trash. It's only purpose is /thf on HNM. I personally would rather /sam and sc with Insurgency because I am geared properly. If i'm not leading an event and i'm told /thf I'm not gonna bother to argue with them because it's not worth the hassle. Considering you lack the common sense to understand this concept I will assume you are gimp and fall into the category that has to /thf and you should get a bale belt for it. Gsword is ***. If you don't like it, I, as well as all the other decent drks could care less. Not gonna bother to argue with you on common knowledge. Gswords only purpose is for drks to /thf with because they lack the acc/atk to handle /sam with the proper scythe weapon. Edit: I just realized I said ang for /thf gsword wtf. I was referring to bale belt for the mods. Ang is only for crazy ***u need acc on badly.

I think I just got whooshed or something. I'm fairly sure he was thinking you were advocating using /thf with greatsword. His point was that regardless of what weapon you use(scythe or greatsword)that /sam is clearly better. I'm sure HNM on gilgamesh hasn't fallen into such disrepair that you guys are /thfing cerberus still. That's about the only HNM that /thf would work on besides drk ixion obviously.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 22:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Quote isn't working so I'm just gonna say i'm responding to Gaizz's last post. Gsword is absolute trash. It's only purpose is /thf on HNM. I personally would rather /sam and sc with Insurgency because I am geared properly. If i'm not leading an event and i'm told /thf I'm not gonna bother to argue with them because it's not worth the hassle. Considering you lack the common sense to understand this concept I will assume you are gimp and fall into the category that has to /thf and you should get a bale belt for it. Gsword is ***. If you don't like it, I, as well as all the other decent drks could care less. Not gonna bother to argue with you on common knowledge. Gswords only purpose is for drks to /thf with because they lack the acc/atk to handle /sam with the proper scythe weapon. Edit: I just realized I said ang for /thf gsword wtf. I was referring to bale belt for the mods. Ang is only for crazy ***u need acc on badly.

I think I just got whooshed or something. I'm fairly sure he was thinking you were advocating using /thf with greatsword. His point was that regardless of what weapon you use(scythe or greatsword)that /sam is clearly better. I'm sure HNM on gilgamesh hasn't fallen into such disrepair that you guys are /thfing cerberus still. That's about the only HNM that /thf would work on besides drk ixion obviously.

I can't speak for what idiots use. But I do not use Gsword at all anymore. It's absolute trash regardless of sub. IF you are GIMP and HAVE to use a 1hit ws on a HNM, THEN under that circumstance it will have to be /thf. If you can't support scythe on HNM, you can't support /sam. Anyone who drk/sam with Gsword other than to skill up for blue number completeness should be shot in the damn face.

I've been out of HNM for years I alrdy got my ***. I have no idea what the HNMLS here are doing, but i'm sure it would make me cry. Not that Cerberus can be doing any better than Gilgamesh if they allow you in any end game. :D
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 22:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gsword is absolute trash. It's only purpose is /thf on HNM. I personally would rather /sam and sc with Insurgency because I am geared properly. If i'm not leading an event and i'm told /thf I'm not gonna bother to argue with them because it's not worth the hassle. Considering you lack the common sense to understand this concept I will assume you are gimp and fall into the category that has to /thf and you should get a bale belt for it.

Gsword is ***. If you don't like it, I, as well as all the other decent drks could care less. Not gonna bother to argue with you on common knowledge. Gswords only purpose is for drks to /thf with because they lack the acc/atk to handle /sam with the proper scythe weapon.

Edit: I just realized I said ang for /thf gsword wtf. I was referring to bale belt for the mods. Ang is only for crazy ***u need acc on badly WITH scythe. People are still trying to justify using *** Gsword /sam? gtfo.

Great sword is not trash when you dont have the proper support and fighting stuff with high def.

Insurgency is lol compared to Guillotine
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 22:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

Great sword is not trash when you dont have the proper support and fighting stuff with high def.

You don't read well do you son?

I swear the *** drks on ffxiah are like the ones on alla.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 22:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnir has too much eva to use scythe. I parse 60% accuracy there without buffs and I'm at 450 accuracy lol(way way higher than average drk). Guilltione would have a craptastic average there and greatsword(may) out perform it if u have the merits to go with it. Not to mention that greasword makes light SC. Anyways, greatsword does have its practical applications still but they are far and between. Until I had apoc I used greatsword on jailer of love as well. Granted I never had acc/attack buffs just marches so scythe probably could have out performed it if i was fully buffed.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 23:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

You don't read well do you son?

I swear the *** drks on ffxiah are like the ones on alla.

Why are you so emo and why does it bother you so much what other drks use? Not everyone has the same gear as you or support when they do events.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 23:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again my quote won't work, this is to Excelior's last post.

You remember Xno? His drk would do 1500-1800 on fafnir with Guillotine and I think he only had one brd, no soul voice. So I wouldn't say it has a lot of evasion. You just need to get an Ebody and ***. He also used gloves like Dusk+1(no acc) instead of homam hands(+4 iirc). Hell, this may be pushing it but iirc he also ate meat... I won't say that for sure but it seems like it.

In 'general' if you are using Gsword instead of scythe it's gonna be /thf because you can't support scythe or /sam. If you can use /sam just fine then stop using god damn Gsword and use Scythe. The whole point of gsword over scythe is the 1hit ws that stacks with SATA. If you are able to land SS as /sam then just use insurgency.....

P.S. Rate me down please, I want to keep a count of how many shitty drks are reading this thread and are gimp/using Gsword.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 23:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You remember Xno? His drk would do 1500-1800 on fafnir with Guillotine and I think he only had one brd, no soul voice. So I wouldn't say it has a lot of evasion. You just need to get an Ebody and ***. He also used gloves like Dusk 1(no acc) instead of homam hands( 4 iirc). Hell, this may be pushing it but iirc he also ate meat... I won't say that for sure but it seems like it.

In 'general' if you are using Gsword instead of scythe it's gonna be /thf because you can't support scythe or /sam. If you can use /sam just fine then stop using god damn Gsword and use Scythe. The whole point of gsword over scythe is the 1hit ws that stacks with SATA. If you are able to land SS as /sam then just use insurgency.....

P.S. Rate me down please, I want to keep a count of how many shitty drks are reading this thread and are gimp/using Gsword.

cause every drk has a brd or cor in a party and gets haste and refresh right?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-29 23:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

You remember Xno? His drk would do 1500-1800 on fafnir with Guillotine and I think he only had one brd, no soul voice. So I wouldn't say it has a lot of evasion. You just need to get an Ebody and ***. He also used gloves like Dusk 1(no acc) instead of homam hands( 4 iirc). Hell, this may be pushing it but iirc he also ate meat... I won't say that for sure but it seems like it.

Unless you're trying to solo Fafnir, pretty much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 23:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again my quote won't work, this is to Excelior's last post. You remember Xno? His drk would do 1500-1800 on fafnir with Guillotine and I think he only had one brd, no soul voice. So I wouldn't say it has a lot of evasion. You just need to get an Ebody and ***. He also used gloves like Dusk 1(no acc) instead of homam hands( 4 iirc). Hell, this may be pushing it but iirc he also ate meat... I won't say that for sure but it seems like it. In 'general' if you are using Gsword instead of scythe it's gonna be /thf because you can't support scythe or /sam. If you can use /sam just fine then stop using god damn Gsword and use Scythe. The whole point of gsword over scythe is the 1hit ws that stacks with SATA. If you are able to land SS as /sam then just use insurgency..... P.S. Rate me down please, I want to keep a count of how many shitty drks are reading this thread and are gimp/using Gsword.

Doing that WS once doesn't make it his average. If he was getting madrigals/minuets I could see that being possible. My average catastrophe on fafnir is about 400-500 so it is pretty high defense as well. Does he soul eater? Honestly apoc drk was my first time meleeing fafnir as anything but pld so I'm prepared to admit I could be wrong. I haven't tried guilliont either lol, only cata. /sigh everyone loves the ebody comment lol. Honestly it doesn't make a massive difference over hauberk+1 but it would up my accuracy a % or two.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 23:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

Once again donny, you are out of your *** element. Do you ever know what you are talking about?

Exc always brags about how his ls sets up alliances properly, he wouldn't be caught dead w/o a brd. If you don;t have a brd in tank pt and 1 in DD pt on HNM then you are a faill *** LS. We are talking endgame ls atm, not ur best friends fruity sky ls that uses 1 blm and 4 warriors to kill gods.

Anyway, you are giving me a *** migraine, I don't mind arguing ***but don't be *** mentally brain damaged.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-06-29 23:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

cause there is any reason to take a loldrk to fafnir
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 23:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A % or 2 is pretty big boost if were being honest, and yes, I was lowblowing ur ***.

Yeah the 1800 he popped off a SE on. Dunno songs and ***, this was years ago when u were still a fresh drk. I would say 1100-1300 would be a safe average for him. He knew his job well and was always testing ***, miss that dude.

Anyway, get a brd, try some acc food maybe and play with guillo. If your tanks are decent. He always tried to sc with a sams yuki I think and his guillotine, it was for thunder sc I believe, idr name. He wanted to throw out extra dmg instead of just playing with cata. CATA > 2 guillos or some ***i think and he could keep up the ws haste fulltime or some ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 23:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Once again my quote won't work, this is to Excelior's last post. You remember Xno? His drk would do 1500-1800 on fafnir with Guillotine and I think he only had one brd, no soul voice. So I wouldn't say it has a lot of evasion. You just need to get an Ebody and ***. He also used gloves like Dusk 1(no acc) instead of homam hands( 4 iirc). Hell, this may be pushing it but iirc he also ate meat... I won't say that for sure but it seems like it. In 'general' if you are using Gsword instead of scythe it's gonna be /thf because you can't support scythe or /sam. If you can use /sam just fine then stop using god damn Gsword and use Scythe. The whole point of gsword over scythe is the 1hit ws that stacks with SATA. If you are able to land SS as /sam then just use insurgency..... P.S. Rate me down please, I want to keep a count of how many shitty drks are reading this thread and are gimp/using Gsword.
Once again donny, you are out of your *** element. Do you ever know what you are talking about? Exc always brags about how his ls sets up alliances properly, he wouldn't be caught dead w/o a brd. If you don;t have a brd in tank pt and 1 in DD pt on HNM then you are a faill *** LS. We are talking endgame ls atm, not ur best friends fruity sky ls that uses 1 blm and 4 warriors to kill gods. Anyway, you are giving me a *** migraine, I don't mind arguing ***but don't be *** mentally brain damaged.

*** right, i skip events if no bard
[+]
First Page 2 3 4