Forum » FFXI » General » Level 75+ skillups
Level 75+ skillups
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-06-28 14:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your strategy for getting enough skillups for your new 290-300 skill Weapon Skills? Any particular enemies you aim for?
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 15:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I skilled up a bit in sea for fun while waiting for the rest of my shell to stop being too lazy to explore Abyssea.

Abyssea is where it's at, can exp in a full alliance and still get 130+ exp per kill and 20-30 cruor per kill depending on the mobs you fight, acquire pop items in the process, and of course SKILL UP!!!
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-06-28 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Abyssea is where it's at, can exp in a full alliance and still get 130 exp per kill and 20-30 cruor per kill depending on the mobs you fight, acquire pop items in the process, and of course SKILL UP!!!

*for 30-90 minutes at a time (or so)
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-06-28 15:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i was getting skillups like crazy in Abyssea and on idle wanderers and woeful weepers in the old promy areas. I am sure it is intentional on SE's part because others in my shell have been complaining about the lack of skill ups on normal 'old school' mobs.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 15:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Abyssea is where it's at, can exp in a full alliance and still get 130 exp per kill and 20-30 cruor per kill depending on the mobs you fight, acquire pop items in the process, and of course SKILL UP!!!

*for 30-90 minutes at a time (or so)

Meh, I was pulling on COR and got to do little /ra and WS aside the pulling and I still went up 5 levels in marksmanship in a 90 minute run. And I plan to take the LS back to abyssea weekly/bi weekly and use whatever extra stones I have on the side for cruor/skill ups. I'm not going to go waste hours trying to cap skills on challenging mobs for no other benefit then capping skills when I can get them in Abyssea while working towards all that new gear I want.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-06-28 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ran into abyssea for the first time in tahrongi this morning just to explore. i went on pld with a whm linkshell friend. The mobs in there are skill up machines.

I was pld 79 and most of my combat skills were capped at 77 and was still getting crazy amounts of skill ups.

Abyssea is going to be the place to go once everyone gets a feel for it. really, really... sucks that there is a time limit tho.

oh, and the battle music is the best eva!!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-28 15:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea on Bugards is nice for skill ups, got lots myself.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-28 15:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can easily skillup to 290-300 on Aura pots in sky, or even Training Regime #3 in Ru'Aun Gardens.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2010-06-28 17:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am gong to "Den of Rancor"

happy hunting