users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thoughts?
Thoughts?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-06-27 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit around the latter part of last year; just got to the point I was tired of playing/it was feeling more like a job than a recreational activity.

I digress. I've been considering, lately, taking it up again soon, albeit nowhere near as much as I was playing before. I seen where there have been some semi-major changes since last I played, though, admittedly, I've just skimmed over them; haven't really read up much on them.

Anywho. Is it worth it to come back or no? Thoughts?

Edit: I should also mention that I didn't delete my character, only canceled my account with SE, so I'm assuming (for the most part) I would be picking up where I left off.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-27 16:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you truly enjoy the game and the substance within it (gameplay, classes, storyline, music, etc.) then by all means you should keep playing if it is still enjoyable.

But remember that everything should be taken in moderation. The game ultimately is what you make of it, so be sure not to let anything get or drag you down. You always have the choice to log out...
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-27 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you were in a situation like mine where you were gone for a particularly long time and felt somewhat jaded by the events that compelled you to quit temporarily, make a new toon on the side to regain a feel for the overall experience of playing the game from the ground up again.

That way you can enjoy the game from a different angle or under a different light but still have your main toon to support it gil/item-wise. Also try taking up a class you previously had interest in but never got around to.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-06-27 16:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
If you truly enjoy the game and the substance within it (gameplay, classes, storyline, music, etc.) then by all means you should keep playing if it is still enjoyable.

But remember that everything should be taken in moderation. The game ultimately is what you make of it, so be sure not to let anything get or drag you down. You always have the choice to log out...

Really, if I picked it up again, more than likely it'd be a weekend type thing. I have no disillusions about trying to do any type of endgame effectively anymore since I don't really have the time for it, so most of it would be crafting, campaigning, screwing around, etc.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-27 16:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Really, if I picked it up again, more than likely it'd be a weekend type thing. I have no disillusions about trying to do any type of endgame effectively anymore since I don't really have the time for it, so most of it would be crafting, campaigning, screwing around, etc.

IMO that's the best part. Playing here and there at your own pace in bits and pieces. Playing too intensely simply drains the fun fringes of activity within the game. Also, if you manage to get into a nice LS you can form a lowman group, which with the right skill and decent gear can do a good majority of what the game has to offer. As for the mass group stuff, you can always hire a merc shell to get what you want, and obtaining gil with a skilled lowman group shouldn't be an issue with all the options of obtaining gil aside from HNMs.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-06-27 16:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

IMO that's the best part. Playing here and there at your own pace in bits and pieces. Playing too intensely simply drains the fun fringes of activity within the game. Also, if you manage to get into a nice LS you can form a lowman group, which with the right skill and decent gear can do a good majority of what the game has to offer. As for the mass group stuff, you can always hire a merc shell to get what you want, and obtaining gil with a skilled lowman group shouldn't be an issue with all the options of obtaining gil aside from HNMs.

Hmm...good point. I suppose I'm trying to get a feel right now for if the new stuff is more of an asset or a hindrance towards the game overall or not.

Also, is RMTage still running rampant?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-07-02 15:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: I'm probably coming back (I'm sure nobody cares lol)