users online
Forum » FFXI » General » My chocobo fails
My chocobo fails
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2010-06-26 00:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can your chocobo gain stats if they are sick, cus mine's been stuck at Average STR and Bit Deficient END for 2 weeks and have been doing carry packages the whole time. Any reason why it's at a stand still? Any help would be awesome
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-26 00:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Feed it a celerity salad, chocolixir or tokopekko wildgrass I think. Been a very long time since I've raised a choco (and I forgot about my last one anyway), but you want to cure it's illness asap as it slows down it's leveling up.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-26 00:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vomp Carrots are the best for STR and Endurance I believe. Use chocolixers and healing grass when needed :). I made a chocobo with first class STR and Endurance doing that
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2010-06-26 00:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I feed it vomp carrots and have it doing carry packages, and I try to cure its illness asap, but it doesn't grow as far as stats go :/
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-26 01:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the stablehand will tell you what you need to feed your chcobo to get it over its sickness ^^.

Sickness is said to impede the gain of stats so it's best to feed them the medicine required and then continue the careplan.

High affection is also supposed to help, so while you're doing intensive careplans like Carry Packages that decrease affection, you should try to feed 2 vomp carrots + 1 Azouph greens daily. The Azouph greens will keep affection very high and also help to keep your chocobo really full too ^^.

I hope this helps you out ^^

A quick edit: a wild guess here, but is your chocobo still very young?^^, after day 43~ish your chocobos stats will grow very quickly (or should! hehe) but after day 65ish I believe, the careplans have very little to no effect on your chocobos growth ; ;
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2010-06-26 02:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya my choco is at day 70~
:/
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-26 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if you make them too much excercise and such they will get sick and not really learn anything, you need to wait till he feels better to keep trainning him and not push him.

i think you need medicine too
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-26 10:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Soothsayer said:

Awww ; ;

Best thing to do would be to start a new one then sadly ><;.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-06-26 10:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:

Awww ; ;

Best thing to do would be to start a new one then sadly ><;.
Look at it this way.

Fried chicken tonight!
 Titan.Lyali
Server: Titan
user: Lyali
By Titan.Lyali 2010-06-26 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

While this issue seems to have been resolved I thought I'd offer my two cents.

Vomp carrots are all well and good but making sure your chocobo's affection levels are high and keeping to your care plan is going to do a lot more for them. I was able to raise a prize winning bird without carrots.

Make sure you take care of sickness right away! It can have an affect on the success of your care plans. Your chocobo trainer will tell you what to feed them when they become ill unless it's lovesickness. Typically lovesickness will wear off in a day or two but sometimes it will last for a long time. If it lasts more than 2 days I suggest getting a celerity salad which should clear it right up.