"The Future Of FFXI" The Review Of Updates In A Nutshell~

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » "The Future of FFXI" The review of updates in a nutshell~
"The Future of FFXI" The review of updates in a nutshell~
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2010-06-25 12:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

(from http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html)

In short three months from now, all these lvl 80 gears people are looking at will be what salvage gears are now just about pointless, although Salvage gears being harder to get then these lvl 80 gears puts a cherry on top of that irony. So have fun getting the new gears, but back to my main point, let’s go over how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE SE is being with their MMO and its "New update" and the different parts of this update in full.

Frist, Yay Walk of Echos =D more like LOLwalkofechos I mean really? WoE looks like a bad version of campaign(I’ve been many times hoping it gets better) . . you can only do it once per game day. SE also set it up like campaign for a lot of random people to join together and fight mobs that are hard. Only one thing~ they hit just as hard as campaign mobs and there’s no npcs to save your --- Good job SE real winner there. To top this all off? No xp! =D whoo yeah a chance to spend 1k gil to get random craft mats that you MAY get as another 2-38 people are attack the same mob. (BYW gl relic wep trials for lolWoE)

But WAIT! there’s still abyssal no? oh right . . a new nyzul Isel where you get 3 "tags" and can hold one on yourself and take the tag to a maw and can enter a recolored zone for a 30min limit full of maybe 2-7 real “new” mobs while everything else is either recolored or made 2 times its size(I mean really resizing mobs come on?). You fight random mobs for "new Tokens" to get new gears and maybe kill an nm for an item used to craft ubber gears. (This is about as good as the update gets)

But BUT 5 new lvls! Oh right I almost forgot 5 new lvls you get from level syncing to 75 to get! WTF!!!! SE:"heres 5 new lvls for you with new WS's, JA's, Spell's, and passive traits Oh and BYW you gotta lvl sync to get them. To get these 5 new lvls you must also lvl off "new" cop xp camps we added that only give good xp to lvl 75s btw GL meriting!" good game, you get all this new stuff for your job and can’t even use them in party's to lvl with . . . I’ve never seen this done in MMO history getting 5 new lvls to xp and not getting new mobs or zones to lvl off . . .

In all a huge pile of FAIL to me for $10 I expected a lot more . . I've seen other mmo games give better new content FOR FREE! The way I see it at this point you have two options if you ever wanna play this game again . .
A. Quit now and come back in January when lvl cap is 99 and the game gets back to some since of stability.
B. suffer through this madness that reminds me only of WoW updating new lvls and making people rework for top gears.

I've played this mmo since late 2004 off and on for years to me this update is nothing more than SE giving us the finger and saying "we don't care anymore~" nothing in this update besides the 2-7 new mobs in abyssal and the spells ja's/ws's and a few of the gears skins are new WoE is a zone already seen in the WoTG missions only now you get to die in it! =D I quit games like wow and came back to ffxi every time because it was stable, had great gaming content, and the community was much better than most of the other mmos I've played. You can now cut two of those leaving you with only community(I doubt even that will last long now) No joke I don't wanna say it but there’s no other way to say it SE pulled a blizzard with this update, 5 new lvls with new gears that people have to rework for only SE left out new zones to lvl in and mobs to kill (lol . . ) Have fun spamming magi trials it seems to be the only stable new thing SE is adding . . . and it sucks hard doing them it's mind numbingly boring killing the same mob 200-1000 times.

Peace-

[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-06-25 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can have tl;dr?

I read the first few things and it just sounded like more QQing. I could be wrong tho
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-25 12:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4: tltr
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-06-25 12:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor, I beat you to it =D
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-25 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah noticed it after i clicked "submit".

inb4 delicious cookie:

edit: Abyssea fails in every Direction making an Endgame area in this manner isn't working out at all with the people used to instances toau stuff. that simple.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-25 12:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I can have tl;dr?

I read the first few things and it just sounded like more QQing. I could be wrong tho

tl;dr version: ZOMG, this game is actually a challenge again.
ZOMG, new, higher level gear is better than old, lower level gear.
ZOMG, Abyssea didn't live up to what I wanted it to be, therefore SE sucks ***.

edit: Forgot this one. ZOMG, SE wants us to level up on something that's not a flying, pink thing.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-06-25 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But WAIT! there’s still abyssal no? oh right . . a new nyzul Isel where you get 3 "tags" and can hold one on yourself and take the tag to a maw and can enter a recolored zone for a 30min limit full of maybe 2-7 real “new” mobs while everything else is either recolored or made 2 times its size(I mean really resizing mobs come on?). You fight random mobs for "new Tokens" to get new gears and maybe kill an nm for an item used to craft ubber gears. (This is about as good as the update gets)

You can hold 3 stones and go in for 1hr 30mins.

[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-06-25 12:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that.

I'm happy with the update, Divine Waltz II was all I needed to be filled with joy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 12:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Thank you for that.

I'm happy with the update, Divine Waltz II was all I needed to be filled with joy.
being able to curing waltz outside of the PT!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 12:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shaddap
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-06-25 12:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you know where the delete button is. use it or quit bitching.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-25 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Butbutbut... Job-specific emotes! That's gonna be badass, right?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kailynn
Server: Phoenix
user: Kailynn
By Phoenix.Kailynn 2010-06-25 13:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So tired of hearing ppl complain. Square has been making games for decades. They've been listening to the player base. I'm excited as can be about all the new content. I'm sorry the new content doesn't work perfectly for you and get your rocks off, but if you don't like the game anymore stop playing it.

Personally I'm excited to try to get it all figured out and I'll enjoy having convert on my BLM/RDM and trying out Haste on my NIN/WHM vs NIN/DNC.
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-25 13:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinion about this.
SE should have stretched the level of the gear already for 99.

For example Salvage gear: buff it and make it available already for level 99 only, while increasing difficulty of salvage along with the level increase during these months.

I dont do salvage but i see why ppl are bitching about that, since the time/gils that it takes to get a full piece of salvage gear.

Some of it it is still very good but demotivate the people that do such activities. i doubt that when level cap will be 99 and new relics will come out (and other) that said gear will get any attraction from what will be then "mid level gear".

Either that or make Salvage gear a lot simpler to obtain/upgrade.

Have to thing looking for december already not the level 80 only.

i forecast that things like dynamis and lymbus will be soon free to access (CoP cap removal is a hint) and relics easier to obtain.

Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-25 13:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:

is the thing that i look most forwart to LOL.

Also the new "guild specific" furniture.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You get skill ups in Walk of Echoes, everyone ignores this. Wake up...
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-06-25 13:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
My opinion about this.
SE should have stretched the level of the gear already for 99.

For example Salvage gear: buff it and make it available already for level 99 only, while increasing difficulty of salvage along with the level increase during these months.

Well, seeing as how you can already upgrade relics / mythics with trials of Magian, and that the armor portion of trials hasn't yet been released.

Then I would imagine this is already comming.
 Valefor.Flavure
Server: Valefor
user: Flavure
By Valefor.Flavure 2010-06-25 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I can't believe some people. To think I took 2 minutes of my time to read some person whining about SE again. If you have problems with anything that SE does why don't you save us all the troubles and just quit playing the game. Instead of crying about how bad something is go back to playing with your precious teddy bear, maybe it will listen to your grief as you cry yourself to sleep.
 Phoenix.Kailynn
user: Kailynn
By Phoenix.Kailynn 2010-06-25 13:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
My opinion about this. SE should have stretched the level of the gear already for 99. For example Salvage gear: buff it and make it available already for level 99 only, while increasing difficulty of salvage along with the level increase during these months. I dont do salvage but i see why ppl are bitching about that, since the time/gils that it takes to get a full piece of salvage gear. Some of it it is still very good but demotivate the people that do such activities. i doubt that when level cap will be 99 and new relics will come out (and other) that said gear will get any attraction from what will be then "mid level gear". Either that or make Salvage gear a lot simpler to obtain/upgrade. Have to thing looking for december already not the level 80 only. i forecast that things like dynamis and lymbus will be soon free to access (CoP cap removal is a hint) and relics easier to obtain.

Since it's not going to be level capped, wouldn't that already make it easier to obtain >.>

And not all of the Salvage gear has been replaced. It's like dynamis and sky, only a few pieces worth going after. Additionally people will start selling pieces just like they sell Homam, sky gear, dynamis gear, etc.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:

!! Totally forgot about those... I wonder what BLU's will be :o Probably the flash of the eye like Raubahn does. Put that Ahriman lens to use!
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-25 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kailynn said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
My opinion about this. SE should have stretched the level of the gear already for 99. For example Salvage gear: buff it and make it available already for level 99 only, while increasing difficulty of salvage along with the level increase during these months. I dont do salvage but i see why ppl are bitching about that, since the time/gils that it takes to get a full piece of salvage gear. Some of it it is still very good but demotivate the people that do such activities. i doubt that when level cap will be 99 and new relics will come out (and other) that said gear will get any attraction from what will be then "mid level gear". Either that or make Salvage gear a lot simpler to obtain/upgrade. Have to thing looking for december already not the level 80 only. i forecast that things like dynamis and lymbus will be soon free to access (CoP cap removal is a hint) and relics easier to obtain.

Since it's not going to be level capped, wouldn't that already make it easier to obtain >.>

And not all of the Salvage gear has been replaced. It's like dynamis and sky, only a few pieces worth going after. Additionally people will start selling pieces just like they sell Homam, sky gear, dynamis gear, etc.

I am referring also at the cost of entry and/or the cooldown time to enter
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kailynn said:
Additionally people will start selling pieces just like they sell Homam, sky gear, dynamis gear, etc.

And this fact in the game makes me sick, why should I have to pay for items in the game? I will never do that. Homam eh? Here we have Perle instead, good? no? Oh %1 haste less, sorry no 3 hit build, 4 build instead... This is madness, this not FFXI, this is not the spirit.

I ask you all, can you play your jobs properly? F..k your homams, f..k your haste... f..k you...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like you are paying RL money... its in game currency. What else do you use in game currency except to buy things in -game, and that includes items lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-25 13:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I brought some cheese.

It goes with the whine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's not like you are paying RL money... its in game currency.

Does not matter. It is already hard to earn gil in game as like in real life lol. I'm not giving my gil for item that I can have with activity, or never (I'm fine with that). I never felt "unable" with the gear I could manage to have so far.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So do you not buy ANYTHING from the AH then? You got out and farm all your materials for every craft, craft everything yourself, farm all mobs for equips etc? If you use AH its the same thing.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-25 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To me its silly to *** about this simply because we do not know what gear is coming out what SE plans to with with gear etc. Just because we are a higher level doesn't mean your gear is total ***I sure as hell know I wouldn't be bitching if I had some usu or morrigans ***. There is a reason why many MNKs still wear okotes at 75 cause theres not much better if anything... and those are level 34... so please stop bitching til we know what they plan to do at least.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I was rather annoyed at the fact that I'll be leveling my 4 jobs I was done leveling. But I came to the conclusion that 1. SE will do whatever the hell they want whether we like it or not. 2. That I had 2 options. Ragequit or level my 75's to 80, 90, and 99. I don't plan to quit. As for the $10 add-on... I bought FFXI/RotZ, and then bought the expansions one-by-one, not an all-in-one compilation. I think the expansions were $30-$40 brand new. If I was gonna ***, I'd *** that I wasted $30-$40 on CoP that I never had any interest in completing due to the sheer bullshittery involved. Atleast ToAU and WotG added jobs, something fun.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4