Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Walk of Echoes leeches
Walk of Echoes leeches
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 05:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having trouble with leeches? My shell had people follow us in, do nothing to help, and would lot everything that shows up in the pool.

Needless to say, we didn't raise them when they died.

Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-24 05:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf really xD
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 05:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is to be expected... SE designed this totally wrong. Like random *** people are going to help a full LS forreal in an event they can just waltz on in. :\

Sucks! Hope you don't experience this often :(
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 05:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
This is to be expected... SE designed this totally wrong. Like random *** people are going to help a full LS forreal in an event they can just waltz on in. :\

36 person limit, but I hear even shells trying to enter w/ 36 members, others are spamming it and it's first come first serve
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 05:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

36 person limit, but I hear even shells trying to enter w/ 36 members, others are spamming it and it's first come first serve

Yeah I read it was a 36 person limit. Sucks it can't be glassed or whatever. I mean can't you enter once every game day or whatever? (or ever other game day? not sure tbh)

I think until it dies down you'll be experiencing this for quiet a while :\
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-06-24 05:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so what your saying is come with some sort of rr because people are *** and wont raise?

jk
[+]
 Asura.Franchise
Server: Asura
By Asura.Franchise 2010-06-24 05:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They said anyone can lot, but you actually have to do something to get the better rewards. So they can get the coins and your LS will still get other drops. I'd invite them to join party then D2 them.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 05:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
so what your saying is come with some sort of rr because people are *** and wont raise?

jk

lol... thats just wrong :3
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-24 05:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Franchise said:
They said anyone can lot, but you actually have to do something to get the better rewards. So they can get the coins and your LS will still get other drops. I'd invite them to join party then D2 them.
80RDM/40 BLM .... Chainspell > Warp II :x
[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-24 06:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool! I know what ls I'll follow in and won't feel bad outlotting... but yeah that sucks :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-24 06:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, not to mention some random moron can just walk in and go aggro everything on the upper floors and wipe everybody.
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-24 06:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Yea, not to mention some random moron can just walk in and go aggro everything on the upper floors and wipe everybody.

Omg it gets even better, I should check this ***out already. I will most definitely be sabotaging one linkshell.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-24 06:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds fun...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [182 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Raezy
Server: Unicorn
user: Raezy
By Unicorn.Raezy 2010-12-23 00:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We see a lot of the same faces in WoE on our server, when you have tag-alongs just try to set mutual agreements, so everyone can have a fair chance at getting coins and everyone can have fun.

1. Have everyone set 1 coin that they want in seacom with auto-translate so no confusion with language barriers. Much like how people do AF drops in Abyssea parties.

2. People are only allowed to lot the coin that is in their seacom, if a coin drops that no one has in seacom let everyone who may want it lot. (If people come in and don't listen to your seacom rules and lot every coin that drops take action such as D2ing them or leaving them dead like you all mentioned above.)

3. Discourage spamming. ie. bar spells, songs, rolls, buffs that really don't help at all in the run. People will sit and spam spells like this to get rank points for rank chests at the end. If people do that try to ask them not to. (If they don't listen and spam anyway, take action such as D2ing them or leaving them dead like you all mentioned above.)

4. Be courteous. If someone is 29/30 for a coin that they need to finish a weapon and one drops, let them have it. Try to ask them to continue helping for future runs to help you or your group get your coins. Most people would agree to help again if you're nice to them.

5. If you win a rank chest and it has the coins you need inside of it and there is another of the same pouch in the final "everyone" coffer, don't be greedy and take that one too. Let everyone have a fair chance and there won't be any tension or drama, and weapons will get done much quicker for everyone.

If you're nice to people and treat everything fairly, most times you'll get the same treatment in return. Granted this isn't true for everyone, there's always going to be greedy people who will try to ruin things for everyone, but that's just a chance you'll have to take.

To run this event smoothly with the way it's set up, there has to be some sort of honesty policy and mutual agreement between all parties. If people know how to do the runs, don't do anything to wipe your party, don't lot everything, don't spam, etc. . . might as well team up with them instead of treating them like crap for being there when your group wants to be there also, or they'll just keep doing the things that are looked down upon. Explaining things to newer people doesn't hurt either. How the runs work, what they need to do, things like that. If they'll cooperate and agree to the rules everyone agrees on there shouldn't be any problems.

This event is a long process, but can be simple and fun for everyone if gone about the right way with the right attitude :)