SE... I Want My Money Back!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE... I want my money back!!!
SE... I want my money back!!!
First Page 2 3
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-23 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I payed SE 30 euros for 3 pieces of pimped, top level gear. Not for some mid level "so so" gear... I want my money back you liars!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soupbowl
Server: Ragnarok
user: soupbowl
By Ragnarok.Soupbowl 2010-06-23 13:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

GTFO
[+]
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-06-23 13:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a life.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-23 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

wat

get off my interweb
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 13:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

what gear again...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-23 13:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming they're talking about ACP/MKd/ASA.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 13:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow lolz thats right i havent seen talk of that gear, good thing i havent even purchased those add-ons. I have never been interested.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-23 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yes!

or is someone is going to defend that they got expantions because of the great story line???

or was it because of the new areas and mobs???

your not going to tell me you didnt get expantions only cause of the good gear it gave???

Edited: calm down haters, i love the game and enjoyed it alot even if i would quite now... was worth every penny ;)

just saying that the mini expantions are a ripoff, oh and liars is not because of that but because of other things like saying there would be no quest for new level cap
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-23 13:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well add ons are still good, dumb people, are dumb.

See the anwing can be used as a tp style head for thf or a ws head. Why would you want to tp style in it now since all the other gear? beyond me for all I know, that is pretty much it. But I was thinking with a new tp head I am looking at, may be getting anwing tp style is not so good after all? instead I may get a ws head?
 Asura.Byakura
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Byakura 2010-06-23 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Those storylines were........Awesome
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-06-23 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought all 3... Never did any of the missions cuz i didnt care about the gear. But I <3 my Nexus cape for ENMs! That alone made it worth the 30$ imho!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-23 13:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but even looking at all the nice new gear... its still cap 80... im afraid to work hard on a gear just to see another level 90ish gear turn that into trash

i really dont know what to do!!! :( apart from "getting a life" as i was told here :p thats probably the best advise i ever got in this game
[+]
By Willsmith 2010-06-23 13:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The Storylines are good, but the gear is crap now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-23 13:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

if anything i want my money back for abyssea >.> not the other expansions lolz

30 Minutes isn't worth 10 dollars; hell not even 90 minutes is every 3 days is. x;
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-23 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP; Yes, I think the expansions are a rip-off, but are most people still gonna buy them: yes! is it a necessity to buy them?: Nope. (some people will disagree) but this is a game with plenty of gear options.
No one is holding a gun to your head and making you purchase things, also if the augments on the ACP/MKD/ASA stuff is not to your liking, you can re-do the fight and tailor them to your needs.

Also for the level cap you should be thankful that SE didn't make it some dumb fetch quest like 50cap, then you'd have grounds to complain. but 5 K.seals and 3 merits is a small price to pay.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the add-ons are quite a rip off tbh lol i also thought i wanted my money back from abyssea, but theres some good things that come with it I guess, for the next add-on ill think it twice before buying.

good thing i didnt buy the previous add-ons, not like I want to waste 30USD. it would only sit there IMO, nothing life changing will happen.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-23 14:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Israfel,

I understand and agree is not a big fuss of a quest, but hell... they just gave us a anny ring and now they take it away from us, kinda ;) And they did say there would not be a quest, so they did lie...

but tracking back to thread, I would not consider it a rip off if i knew i would be buying a mid level gear... its was my option... but they did sell it as top, pimped out gear... and then after selling all 3 expansions they raise the level cap and made it uninteresting

I guess i got used to some incompetence on SE and even to some strange options & ideas... hell its a complex game and its a pretty good one. So its hard, if not impossible, to make things go perfect... But what i was not used was to have SE lie to us and manipulate us... sounds more like what ppl tell me happens on WoW
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-23 14:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Willsmith said:

Examples, provide them
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-23 14:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to cause any problems but I could have sworn that after the level cap increase was announced there was something mentioned of a requirement players would need to fulfill. They didn't say anything about a quest, but I'm positive they said that the players would need to meet some pre-set requirement before you could go beyond 75.

I'll see if I can find a link to that. Hopefully it wasn't me imagining things >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-23 14:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sure doluka, ill try find when they said there would be no quest for 80, was right when 1st news came out

im sure at some point they said there would be a quest now

Edited: common shiroi, outdated after a couple of months... like now everyone is excited and go run to get this nice 80ish gear to see it be outdated after next update, Im not trying to convince you of it... just telling you my point of view
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-23 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The add-ons are just a way for SE to test why kind of stufff they'll put in FFXIV.

Quick+Good gear+easy (asa/mkd/acp) = people liked it a lot
Long+Good gear+battlefield like (abyssea)= ???

My guess is that they'll stick to asa/acp/mdk stuff in FFXIV though..
By Willsmith 2010-06-23 14:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Willsmith said:

Examples, provide them

AMK WS hat was one of the best things to make it into, that's outdated by various pieces of gear due to the accuracy being overkill.

ACP body isn't great, it's situational but not worth going to the trouble for.

ASA legs were pretty meh, and now with the haste +4% legs available they are obsolete.

Decent for mages, but DD now has far more options available to them, probably easier than the mini expansions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-06-23 14:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
Israfel,

I understand and agree is not a big fuss of a quest, but hell... they just gave us a anny ring and now they take it away from us, kinda ;) And they did say there would not be a quest, so they did lie...

SE didn't lie, they said there wouldn't be a huge dramatic limit break but that there would be something, they were still working on it. Never did they say that there wouldn't be something to do to level up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-23 14:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the article, thanks to a post Zicdeh made in another thread.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

Scroll down to the part about the level cap increase and it's in the last paragraph of that section. Mentioned that there wouldn't be a typical limit break quest but there would be some form of requirement to meet. Like Isra said there wasn't some stupid fetch quest or BC we had to do, so it really wasn't that bad.

Imo they lied about it and at the same time they didn't lie about it, but I have no idea how credible the site/author are.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-23 14:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
Israfel,

They said there would be some requirement to break the limit cap, and that the genkai wouldn't be the same as past ones, so no, they did not lie. you're just complaining for the sake of it.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

they did something though, they never mentioned Dynamis mobs were going to get tougher lol
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-23 14:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Willsmith said:
AMK WS hat was one of the best things to make it into, that's outdated by various pieces of gear due to the accuracy being overkill.

The head alone is a total of ACC+25, so stacking on more ATT/STR/DEX/whatever with potential builds could still make it worthwhile to use.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-23 14:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because the level cap will be (has started) to increase, doesnt mean lvl 75-80 gear will be outdated, for that matter people still use gear way lower level then even 75, IE PCC, SH, Ohat etc.... those items have survived the test of time, the gear from the Add ons especially from a pet job perspective is awesome, and unless they come out with more gear that has Pet:acc15 atk15, or macc7 matk7, these pieces will stick around.....

BTW SE is a company whose sole purpose is to make money! they arent gonna give you your money back, you choose to get those add ons, you could have waited to see how people discussed them after they were released, but you choose to jump on the band wagon and get them prior to..... so gl fighting that one!
[+]
First Page 2 3