Realizations About FFXI As A Game.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Realizations about FFXI as a game.
Realizations about FFXI as a game.
 Sylph.Kittty
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-06-23 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Zekko said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
You realize playing this game for 5 years, at the minimum price, not counting any interest you may accumulate not making the payment in time, that's at least $800.
Imagine all the hookers you've lost out on.
Depends if you go for quality or quantity :P

I'm gonna teach you a solution to really cheap hookers.

Items you'll need:
Roll of Toilet Paper;
Condom;
Hand lotion / Lube;
Microwave.

Step 1: Take your roll of toilet paper and remove the little roll of cardboard that's inside it acting as a brace for the roll. You'll notice the roll of toilet paper collapses in on itself, at this point you're already thinking dirty things when you look at it.

Step 2: Take out the condom, and unroll it, then pass the condom through the collapsed roll of toilet paper, and then wrap the edges of the condom back around the roll. If you did this right, you'll notice the toilet paper becomes extremely compressed now, and you can stick your fingers inside it. The condom is used to protect yourself from possible chaffing, and it's easier to slide things into it.

Step 3: Take your hand lotion and or lube, put some inside the roll of toilet paper, or whatever you want to call it at this point.

Step 4: (Optional): Place the roll inside the microwave for no more then 5 seconds! Remember kids, touching it with the tip of your finger to see if its hot, and the tip of your penis are two different things. You will singe yourself.

Step 5: (reccomended): Now place the roll of toilet paper between your matress and your box spring, and have it her! Call her names, slap her around, remind her how dirty she really is.

And there you go, total cost of items, $4-$5 dependingon where you live. Much cheaper then a hooker, and you know the *** is clean.

*Became a man today*
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-23 09:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
You realize playing this game for 5 years, at the minimum price, not counting any interest you may accumulate not making the payment in time, that's at least $800.

So if we think about this, you're merely buying your friends right now, and all those memories, that's just the additional content bonus you get when putting that much money into a game :)
It's still less than I would have paid for enough games to take the same amount of game time.

Do you pay for game time or game quality and diversity?

You pay that money for a single game, for the same experience over and over again with a different coating, now and then.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-23 09:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a mmo, you aren't supposed to be able to win.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 09:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:

So if we think about this, you're merely buying your friends right now, and all those memories, that's just the additional content bonus you get when putting that much money into a game :)
It's still less than I would have paid for enough games to take the same amount of game time.

You pay that money for a single game, for the same experience over and over again with a different coating, now and then.
Not even going to touch this since you're trying to make it more than it really is.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-23 09:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:

Not even going to touch this since you're trying to make it more than it really is.

Not exactly. That happened when it started to become about money instead of the game. I was just delving into the discussion a little deeper.

I am just trying to say that money spend on a MMO isn't comparable to money being spent on a wide selection of games of different platforms and genres.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 09:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Not exactly. That happened when it started to become about money instead of the game. I was just delving into the discussion a little deeper.

I am just trying to say that money spend on a MMO isn't comparable to money being spent on a wide selection of games of different platforms and genres.
My point was strictly from a financial viewpoint on material possessions (subscription fee counts as material in this statement).
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-23 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

to those of you who think FFXI is only a game designed to kill hours upon hours of time, go see your therapist.

to those of you who think FFXI is more than "just a game", go register at Arkham.

to those of you who get butthurt when someone says "Well, its just a game.", go find Jesus.

to those of you who ever went to a brothel, you know the saying "you get what you paid for". Would you prefer a *** with a happy ending, or a simple hand job?
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 09:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
to those of you who think FFXI is only a game designed to kill hours upon hours of time, go see your therapist. to those of you who think FFXI is more than "just a game", go register at Arkham. to those of you who get butthurt when someone says "Well, its just a game.", go find Jesus. to those of you who ever went to a brothel, you know the saying "you get what you paid for". Would you prefer a *** with a happy ending, or a simple hand job?

to those of you who make poor jokes trolling ffxi forums; shoot yourself in the face.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-23 09:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordgenbu said:
tl;dr
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-23 10:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
to those of you who think FFXI is only a game designed to kill hours upon hours of time, go see your therapist. to those of you who think FFXI is more than "just a game", go register at Arkham. to those of you who get butthurt when someone says "Well, its just a game.", go find Jesus. to those of you who ever went to a brothel, you know the saying "you get what you paid for". Would you prefer a *** with a happy ending, or a simple hand job?

to those of you who make poor jokes trolling ffxi forums; shoot yourself in the face.
Because you're a Canuck is enough a reason to get humped to death by beavers
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 10:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Don't threaten me with a good time :o
[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-23 10:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I too have often questioned the reasons of my staying on the game and enjoying what it has to offer, and beleive me I have had many questions over the years after putting up with multiple views of the player base which can make or break the fun of the game, not just the repetition.

Take for example a few years ago. Back when I started getting into endgame I joined an endgame Ls that did Sky, Ein', the works. It was fun at first until my grandmother fell terminally ill and I had to explain tooth and nail why I needed to take time off activities to see to affairs and my grandmother's passing when the time came. The ls leaders wanted to kick me off the ls even though they told me it was fine but I heard differently from somebody else the truth. Seeing my grandmother on her deathbead, then when my cousin couldn't attend the funeral because he had an ffxi online buddy come visit him during these times made me so angry at the playerbase of this game that I almost quit entirely. "How can people value a damn game over life itself?" I had often asked myself many mamy times.

I took a break instead to just get away from it all but then when I was going to quit I asked myself why do i play. The answer was right in front of me; I play because its fun and playing it with people who share the same views as I do, that life comes first, makes it all worthwhile, even if things tend to be mundane.

All the years I went to finish COP, I look back on all the fun times I had with the static groups I was with, or even when I did dynamis with Fraggle Force as well as Sky with them (we still do sky tho), all the skype conversations we have, things like that are what means to me about this game, not the gearwhore powertripping emo SoBs that play this along with us. And I dont make a fuss if I don't have so/and/so "leet gear" (geez, that word, "leet" such a misguided and abused word for a game). Its nice to try to obtain things within your own means, so if you can't get things that require you to camp it for 20-30 hours straight big whoop if you ask me. This game is a hobby, not a lifestyle and requirement. That is how I feel about it.

So, even if i should quit or when the game shuts down completely I'll miss it but I won't loose any sleep over it either.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-23 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

/hi5!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-23 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

its always fun and games til something bad happens lol
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-23 10:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Questing virtual fame.

It's the same thing as coming out in first place in a team death match.

It's the same as being number one a a RTS ladder.

Questing virtual fame.

There are fun elements and there are ***elements, but I enjoy it for what it is.
[+]
 Asura.Remorazz
Server: Asura
user: Remorazz
By Asura.Remorazz 2010-06-23 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Questing virtual fame.

It's the same thing as coming out in first place in a team death match.

It's the same as being number one a a RTS ladder.

Questing virtual fame.

There are fun elements and there are ***elements, but I enjoy it for what it is.

Very true, i respect that.
 Remora.Faythe
Server: Remora
user: FayFay
By Remora.Faythe 2010-06-23 10:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think there was ever this much to think about with playing the game... If you don't enjoy it anymore, then quit. If you're still having fun, then continue playing.

As others have already said, for me, this is a hell of a lot cheaper than other things I could occupy my time with...
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-23 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

its always fun and games til something bad happens lol

I guess you missed out on either the latest when confirmed that nothing never bad happens to us. Welcome to the Great White North, where its a party everyday, even @ 2 p.m!

\(^.^)b<---- </Cheers>!!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-23 14:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't enjoy the game anymore because of the people in it, maybe you should chuck the pearl you've got out and find another one, dump some people off your flist and make room to put others on there, and go find something fun to do in game that doesn't require that un-fun environment. There's so many different things you can do in this game besides endgame (and even including endgame to an extent) that you're only making it repetitive for yourself if you concentrate all your attention on... dynamis. :[ Or limbus.. Go find a group of people who think more like you, like the same things you like, and play for the same reasons you play for and still enjoy the game. And if that doesn't turn things around for ya then maybe it's time for a break.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-06-23 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never done any endgame because I don't want to. Hell, I transferred servers to enjoy the game more because I was unhappy where I was. I play the game for the social aspects, and for the storyline. It is sort of an escape for me, to be able to get away from everything in the real world for a little while, and to de-stress. I avoid activities in the game that appear stressful. It's all what you make of it. Endgame is repetitive, but there are other aspects that aren't.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-23 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
FFXI is a lifestyle.

Also FFXI is a social club.
 Ramuh.Yitzhak
user: Yitzhak
By Ramuh.Yitzhak 2010-06-23 19:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Otahar said:
That isn't much if you compare what buying 1 $60 game each month for 5 years.Using normal sales tax in my area.(64.20x12=770.40x5=3,852.00) Now take into consideration that the average play time of a normal MMO player is around 24-25 hours a week according to at least one site, with some others claiming 90 a week. Now if the average non MMO takes 30 hours to complete, you would have to buy almost 4 games a month to get the same amout of play time material. That's 15,408.00. Yeah I'll take that 800 bucks over 15K anyday. ^^
This is true... After I quit FFXI in march, I'm finding myself getting a new PS3/360 every 2 weeks (average). So instead of $60 for the monthly. its $480... hmm maybe I should come back [/quote]

You may be spending more money this way, but when the day is done, you still have your soul. :)