Forum » FFXI » General » Screw you SE!!
Screw you SE!!
 Siren.Aytac
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-06-22 17:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was thinking about coming back as I left the game back in January. But my credit card expired so I need to update it on playonline. So I have to go through some very unnecessary steps like some security code crap and authentication stuff while charging my card $1.00 to do so. Then after all this BS, everything seems to work, then it says I cannot use my card and to use another card or call my card company. Guess I don't what to come back that bad huh??!! I'm using the same card as before but with a different CV code that is on the back of the card.
 Sylph.Kittty
Server: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-06-22 17:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Aytac said:
So I was thinking about coming back as I left the game back in January. But my credit card expired so I need to update it on playonline. So I have to go through some very unnecessary steps like some security code crap and authentication stuff while charging my card $1.00 to do so. Then after all this BS, everything seems to work, then it says I cannot use my card and to use another card or call my card company. Guess I don't what to come back that bad huh??!! I'm using the same card as before but with a different CV code that is on the back of the card.

Yea when I got my wife playing the game, I crapped my pants at this new process. Definitely wasn't around when I started playing. Stupid RMTs ruin it for the rest of us... >O
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-06-22 17:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRQ-j8cbrY
 Siren.Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-06-22 17:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I really don't know if i'm gonna come back because of school but i just wanted to update my credit card info just incase.....
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-22 17:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Aytac said:

I had a similar issue with the security code stuff and it not excepting my card.. its simply a glitch in the system. I had switched bank accounts, and when i went to update my new card info even after going thru all that you had also, it wouldnt take it. so when the new months billing came out and obviously no charge could go thru, it canceled and suspended my account..

I called Playonline support explained what was happening and that even after going thru all the steps for that secured mastercard stuff, it wouldnt accept my card

They were able to input my card info into the system manually, and update everything over the phone,(of course after you verify your account and everything). they said its a common problem and they can do this, if it doesnt work. I told them i wasnt willing to get prepaid card, and that this was the only bank i had

I dont know if it was just the person i had on the phone or if they all can do that, but id say they should be able to do such a thing for you too
If you call and the person you talk to wont do that, wait a day or a few hrs atleast and try to talk to someone else.

GL to you
[+]
 Cerberus.Lumei
Server: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-06-22 17:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently my wife had this problem with her account as well, we fixed it by updating her info using my PS2, since it doesnt ask for the card verification. Id assume the 360 would work similar.
 Siren.Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-06-22 17:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually thanks to the guy who posted the youtube video!! It works now lol!
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 19:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Siren.Aytac said:

I had a similar issue with the security code stuff and it not excepting my card.. its simply a glitch in the system. I had switched bank accounts, and when i went to update my new card info even after going thru all that you had also, it wouldnt take it. so when the new months billing came out and obviously no charge could go thru, it canceled and suspended my account..

I called Playonline support explained what was happening and that even after going thru all the steps for that secured mastercard stuff, it wouldnt accept my card

They were able to input my card info into the system manually, and update everything over the phone,(of course after you verify your account and everything). they said its a common problem and they can do this, if it doesnt work. I told them i wasnt willing to get prepaid card, and that this was the only bank i had

I dont know if it was just the person i had on the phone or if they all can do that, but id say they should be able to do such a thing for you too
If you call and the person you talk to wont do that, wait a day or a few hrs atleast and try to talk to someone else.

GL to you

you got lucky over the phone, i had this problem and i called 3 times to see if i got lucky with someone who would update my card information manually and they all gave me different excuses for not doing so.

By Cylla 2010-06-22 19:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this same issue and talking to tech support did me no good what so ever.

So went out and got a green dot card and did that whole trick that posted in the url above on you tube and I was golden.