Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On my logs from Thursday the wyvern only got 3 kills and those were all melee hits. Pearlescent light each time. Not sure if a breath attack would be ruby or not.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, since there's a lot to read in this thread I hope you don't mind my asking but.. what does the light actually do? As well as the red chests.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Okay, since there's a lot to read in this thread I hope you don't mind my asking but.. what does the light actually do? As well as the red chests.
Alright, lemme quote this long post:
BG said:
IMO, lights are built up, an accumulation of all of the lights you've received.

Not sure the exact names of strengths, but ones I remember
Feeble
Faint
Mild
Strong
Intense

Would be something like feeble adds +1 to your aura. Faint would be +2, etc. Each time you get the feeble message your aura increases. So in the example below, you would be Azure aura +5 and ruby aura +3: (Going to say this is purely hypothetical atm, but would be my best guess from observations.)

You gain a feeble azure light. (+1)
You gain a faint ruby light. (+2)
You gain a faint azure light. (+2)
You gain a feeble ruby light. (+1)

Getting up to a combined total of lights +10 would give you tier 3 (guess) chests
Getting up to +20 would give you tier 4 (guess) chests
Getting up to +30 would give you tier 5 (guess) chests
Getting up to +40 would give you tier 6 (guess) chests = 1000 cruor, 1250 exp, Time

You can see from the above, that each kill is increasing your light. It's not a reflection of your total light, just how much you gained from that mob. The type of chest that drops would be more often your highest aura, and less often your next highest aura, and so on, all the way down to a base rate of chests dropping regardless of killshot type. My best guess, either your total aura or the exp you're gaining from the mob would determine the rate of chests dropping.

Anyone that has been opening chests for an alliance, should notice that once 6 guess chests are dropping, that's all that are dropping. The only time you might notice anything different or lower is if you:

A. kill a different type of mob or NM, resetting chain (Definitely resets exp, not sure about the light accumulation theory)
B. Zone, die (?), or have a new member getting killshot

I like this theory. Just remember that is what it is, a theory.

I'm in the process of sorting through my logs from the other day to see exactly how many kills and lights we went through between the 200 and 400 cruor chests.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 15:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems plausible to me, when we just farm bunnies (3man) we got more chests than when we fought Puks because we couldn't kill as many :X
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 15:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems plausible to me, when we just farm bunnies (3man) we got more chests than when we fought Puks because we couldn't kill as many :X
Summary from our run:
Quote:
Results:

We killed a total of 86 mobs in 110 minutes. I received 14,645 XP and 2,456 cruor from the fights. I received an additional 500 XP and 1,000 cruor from chests. I received a total of 15,145 XP and 3,456 cruor.

We received a total of 11 chests.

Three contained minuscule amounts of cruor (200).
One contained a small amount of cruor (400).
Two contained a little experience (500), one of which was failed.
One contained a feeble soothing light (single person heal).
Two contained temporary items, one of which was failed.
One contained a faint pearlescent light.
One contained items (Dragon meat and Rascanda log).

That was with 6 on mandys. I've got a different setup to test this Thursday with 7 people (unless I can recruit more).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a 4 man run and got a 1k exp and 1k cruor chest though.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 15:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a 4 man run and got a 1k exp and 1k cruor chest though.
What were your jobs?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/NIN, MNK/NIN, RDM/WHM and PLD/NIN I think. The Cruor chest dropped after the MNK timed out lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 15:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/NIN, MNK/NIN, RDM/WHM and PLD/NIN I think. The Cruor chest dropped after the MNK timed out lol

Interesting. Were those the only two chests you got?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 15:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No we got a 200 cruor chest I believe, one was EXP and I got an augmented jeweled neck with MND+1 as well as some temp items.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No we got a 200 cruor chest I believe, one was EXP and I got an augmented jeweled neck with MND 1 as well as some temp items.
Ah, gotcha.

Well, I'm out for a bit. Einherjar and Abyssea this afternoon. If there are any other questions, feel free to PM me.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-12 15:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answer!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-12 16:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That BG theory on the chests is accurate. After a certain amount of azure light is built up, you will only see 6 guess chests.

I've been the designated chest opener for all the runs I've done so far. After so much light is built up, you only get 6 guess chests. I usually open red only if they are azure, gold, or silver light on the inside. I leave them alone otherwise.

So far I've only had time extension chests once the guesses had jumped to 6. I've never opened a time extension chest with less.

So if it is possible, someone let me know. I haven't seen it.
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-07-12 17:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

so went in with full alliance for a 90min run, was hoping to be there for 5hrs or so. but something went wrong ; ;

we started out having our 3 blm do all the kill shots, time chest dropped 45min into the run. we figured that was pretty good, so we set all the DD loose on them.

now for the gay part... about 30min into run a guy that was late joined the alliance, witch was not suppose to happen. but 15min later the time chest dropped. anyhow after all the DD started killing, we would get 2 different exp/cour chains.
they was about 22exp apart from each other and would pop up randomly. also, for the rest of the 55min left we got very few chest's and 0 times..

my thoughts on the matter would be that when the DD started killing instead of the blm. it started some kind of "odd" chain with light's.. one was pearl"somthin", and i forget the other.

so im guessing the blm had there chain and the DD had there own chain >< then there is the guy that was late.. dunno what effect that had. If he kill shotted every 3rd or so mob that could that have been it?

all in all, my guess coming outta that group would be if 1-2 ppl could get all the kill shot's and everyone else switch to a diff mob at 15%, the top tier chest would drop like crazy! i dunno if this makes any sense, just a thought i had while pulling on pld non-stop for about 2hrs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-12 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
That BG theory on the chests is accurate. After a certain amount of azure light is built up, you will only see 6 guess chests.

I've been the designated chest opener for all the runs I've done so far. After so much light is built up, you only get 6 guess chests. I usually open red only if they are azure, gold, or silver light on the inside. I leave them alone otherwise.

So far I've only had time extension chests once the guesses had jumped to 6. I've never opened a time extension chest with less.

So if it is possible, someone let me know. I haven't seen it.
Open Ebon as well, it's basically a weaker combination of Gold + Silver. I've opened ruby light chests as needed to boost red chest drop rate, but otherwise I leave those alone.
 Ramuh.Chairo
user: Chairo
By Ramuh.Chairo 2010-07-12 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think this has been asked before but are there mobs to charm in the zone or if not can bst solo anything there with jugs?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 20:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Chairo said:
I don't think this has been asked before but are there mobs to charm in the zone or if not can bst solo anything there with jugs?
No charmable mobs.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-07-12 20:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah one more question. What produces the silver and gold light and what does it do?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-12 20:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
Ah one more question. What produces the silver and gold light and what does it do?

Ruby chests.

Gold Light Raises the Cruor Cap

Silver light Raises the Exp cap

Or vice versa, I'm not entirely sure.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-12 20:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A question about lights.

Are they mutually exclusive? Meaning if you gain 1 light, you lose the other?

Example, I have Azure Light engaged, and someone kill a mob with a weapon skill and triggers ruby light, is the Azure light now lost, or is it a combination of both?
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-07-12 21:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tsujikiri said:

Ruby chests.

Gold Light Raises the Cruor Cap

Silver light Raises the Exp cap

Or vice versa, I'm not entirely sure.

its vice verse gold is xp
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-12 22:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

0/5 thew bomblet NM
 Ramuh.Mirel
user: Demon
By Ramuh.Mirel 2010-07-12 22:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
0/5 thew bomblet NM

Did u bring a TH with you? few days are went 4/4 drop w/ TH..next run 0/5 w/o TH :(
 Lakshmi.Khyal
Server: Lakshmi
user: kelman66
By Lakshmi.Khyal 2010-07-12 23:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes for the doubters, xp in Abyssea is sick.
once you are getting up to 600xp per kill you will get about 80k/hour! Yes, eighty thousand.

By that point you are probably capped on xp and now capping your merits and not wanting to go change jobs because it will reset your chain. lmao

Join an experience points alliance shout now!
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-07-13 02:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, one should be able to break latents for Nyzul Isle and Trial Weapons in Abyssea right?

Seems silly to ask, but just wanted to confirm that people have or not? :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 02:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol so decided to try out the xp thing in abssyea and first one broke before I even got to 160 per kill.

Got random tell for another one like an hour later and it litterally broke after 4 kills I think.

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 07:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mirel said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
0/5 thew bomblet NM

Did u bring a TH with you? few days are went 4/4 drop w/ TH..next run 0/5 w/o TH :(
Nah, we were mage heavy to prevent a lot of TP feeding. We don't even have a THF now that I think about it.

We've still got 4 pop items and will be farming 6-7 more on Thursday during our XP/cruor run. Drop rate is annoying, but at least the trigs and the fight are easy enough.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 08:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd get a thf and screw tp feed. The nm really doesn't hit that hard. I can't count the number of times our kinda badly geared pld just sat at <400 because of max hp down and most the time me having to erase and cure him back just to have it use the move again

Still went 2/2
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 36 37 38