level cap possblitys
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-20 16:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:

lol

But yeah. I can't wait to get level 80 and cast Stone 5 on stuff >:O! As well as being able to explore the Walk of Echoes area. Looks pretty cool.

Hahaha yeah that's hilarious. 5143 Mountain Road, Lake Shore MD. Come over, I'll talk ***in your face and I guarantee you it's not dangerous.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-20 16:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, you expect me to run across the country to get to you? Yeah, good luck dude. You should stop acting like a 12-year-old. D:
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-20 16:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah accuse me of acting like a 12 year old. That'll get me. Lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-20 16:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

; ;
[+]
By Enzoe 2010-06-20 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what there will be to merit on at lvl 80.

White mage gets haste at lvl 40 so 80 SCH/WHM will be a win for party healing.

Since Sekkanoki will become lvl 40 on samurai than /sam will be more tp proficient than it already was.

I think, since there are so many lvl 75 jobs out there, that lvl 75 cap merit parties will be used by many to lvl up thier jobs past 75 until the 80 merit spots are figured out.

Dynamis will be the same, I doubt even lvl 80 you can't solo any dynamis mobs. Sure blms can solo stones at 75 but I mean the regular mobs. My dyna ls drops mobs in the blink of an eye anyway. Perhaps more full clears.

In sky mobs like Ulli and Despot will be more easily solod. The top sky bosses will still need a sizable group to take these bosses down in short time without a struggle.

HNMs will more easily operate when they can take down the land gods with smaller numbers. Alliances will still need the essential elements like tanks, melee, healing and nukes.

Alot of NMs, like the Aptant dropping ones for instance, which you need certain jobs or job combinations to solo or duo, will open with more ways to possably solo them. I mean there will be an uptick on competition on the tougher to solo NMs with popular drops.

My last prediction: More fun!

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-20 16:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's SAM. MNK has just terrible acc tbh. Mines pimped out(pre-Usu, I only have feet ;;) and in merits its about 77% acc w/o sushi. Full usu will allow you to eat meat and do more dmg. I have to eat sushi to hit my cap currently.

SAM only use full usu for the purpose of more acc on something like HNMs.

I couldn't tell you about ninja. They might use most of it for an eva set, on HNM they would only use feet though for enmity. No one tanks HNM on nin though anymore so w/e lol...

However MNK are only "amazing" in salvage, every where else they are lackluster, period. MNK haven't had any boost since they took away the asuran tp glitch lol. Not to mention during the 2H patch way back they *** with asurans dmg and lowered it. I think they *** with the fstr, I really don't know my formulas to sit here and say ***. I just know that they ninja *** it.

I love my MNK, it's one of my favorite jobs, but in no way is it powerful. I don't complain though, i'm just *** glad they don't nerf it, it already has limited usage.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-06-20 16:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Enzoe said:
I wonder what there will be to merit on at lvl 80. White mage gets haste at lvl 40 so 80 SCH/WHM will be a win for party healing. Since Sekkanoki will become lvl 40 on samurai than /sam will be more tp proficient than it already was. I think, since there are so many lvl 75 jobs out there, that lvl 75 cap merit parties will be used by many to lvl up thier jobs past 75 until the 80 merit spots are figured out. Dynamis will be the same, I doubt even lvl 80 you can't solo any dynamis mobs. Sure blms can solo stones at 75 but I mean the regular mobs. My dyna ls drops mobs in the blink of an eye anyway. Perhaps more full clears. In sky mobs like Ulli and Despot will be more easily solod. The top sky bosses will still need a sizable group to take these bosses down in short time without a struggle. HNMs will more easily operate when they can take down the land gods with smaller numbers. Alliances will still need the essential elements like tanks, melee, healing and nukes. Alot of NMs, like the Aptant dropping ones for instance, which you need certain jobs or job combinations to solo or duo, will open with more ways to possably solo them. I mean there will be an uptick on competition on the tougher to solo NMs with popular drops. My last prediction: More fun!

Wow you answered the question my OP stated perfectly... kodos to you!
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-20 17:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That's SAM. MNK has just terrible acc tbh. Mines pimped out(pre-Usu, I only have feet ;;) and in merits its about 77% acc w/o sushi. Full usu will allow you to eat meat and do more dmg. I have to eat sushi to hit my cap currently.

What is this supposed to prove ? SAM with top gear (bare relic) reaches about the sameish accuracy as monks with top gear. Just because you monk doesn't have usukane gear, doesn't show that mnk is suffering accuracy. For your info anything which eva is comparable to merits mobs, both jobs will have to use the same food to max their damage. If you have both maxed SAM and maxed monk they will have to use meat but as soon as they don't have good gear (= usukane BODY for sam mainly) they will have to use sushi. I'm not even sure that the best TP setup which is Turban+usu body+ dsk+1+ byakko+ dsk feet +1 doesn't require sushi (but this doesn't matter as polearm is better and *will* require sushi anyway).

What you just say is that an under average mnk is suffering accuracy compared a top SAM. Well .. of course. I've said it many times but the 2 handed "update" was quickly fixed with pizza. In 2010 all job cap accuracy.

[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 17:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

uh oh, someone talked ***about pimpchan's favorite bought job...***just hit the fan lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-20 17:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
uh oh, someone talked ***about pimpchan's favorite bought job...***just hit the fan lol

He's a dumbass, not even going to respond to him in any way. Gimpchan can go *** his Automaton.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-20 17:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

He's a dumbass, not even going to respond to him in any way. Gimpchan can go *** his Automaton.

just double checked. Maxed SAM pre hasso and food has 414 accuracy and maxed MNK pre focus and food has 415. You don't answer because you are wrong :P
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-06-20 20:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge wtf at that guy flipping a ***on page 1. o_O; Disproportionate reaction is disproportionate. And kinda funny. :D
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 20:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

just double checked. Maxed SAM pre hasso and food has 414 accuracy and maxed MNK pre focus and food has 415. You don't answer because you are wrong :P
is that accounting for the acc boost due to 2h update? b/c aren't sam and mnk the same skill level? If so, that would put sam above mnk b/c of Dex...then add in hasso...
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-20 22:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

is that accounting for the acc boost due to 2h update? b/c aren't sam and mnk the same skill level? If so, that would put sam above mnk b/c of Dex...then add in hasso...

You see why I don't respond to him now? He only posts HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like that lol. A man who loves mnk and doesn't understand it's shitty acc isn't a man who is a good mnk.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-06-21 01:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is getting shafted this update?
How? Though I'd LOVE Tactical parry..
Trait to do more dmg SC'ing?
a JA to do extra dmg on SC'ing?

Edit: oh i get it, noobs dunno SC's :/
iseewhatyoudidthere

Sounds routine to me.

Tho Sekko is going to 40 does suck..
But i share my SAM JA's with the rest of the world :3
[+]
By Genesimmons 2010-06-21 02:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a MNK main, and I <3 my MNK, but even I'll admit that our acc kinda sucks compared to SAM. A top-geared MNK when Focus is up MIGHT come close to a top-geared SAM without Hasso up, but the other 50% of the time we're wiffing at birds if we don't have madrigal or hunter's roll, or using acc food. A decent SAM can come close to capping acc on birds without an acc roll or food. The 2-handed bonus to DEX is just huge. And add in Hasso, that just gives them even more of an advantage over us.

I love MNK because it's fun to play, and once every 2 hours it can be a beast in a zerg situation, but it doesn't compare to SAM as a full-time DD.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 03:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Yes it is...

You see why I don't respond to him now? He only posts HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like that lol. A man who loves mnk and doesn't understand it's shitty acc isn't a man who is a good mnk.

This just in, having turban, byakko, black belt and destroyers makes you an under average monk. Don't use the fact that you are stuck in 2006 to argue that in 2010 MNK is lacking accuracy compared to SAM, or any DD for that matter. It's just plainly wrong.

Mithra SAM hagun/black tathlum/Turban/usukane haramaki/dusk gloves+1/AT/brutal/Hollow/rajas/toreador's/cuchulain's/speed belt/byakko/dusk ledelsens+1 is 414 acc pre hasso and food and with 2 handed bonus.

Mithra MNK full usu/shenlong/BT/AT/brutal/hollow/toreador's/rajas/cuchu/BB is 415 pre focus and food.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-21 03:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Mithra MNK full usu/shenlong/BT/AT/brutal/hollow/toreador's/rajas/cuchu/BB is 415 pre focus and food.

LOL. Not even gonna say ***rofl.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 08:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

LOL. Not even gonna say ***rofl.

Hades sainti (+1). Going to assume you QQ about you ***accuracy when you don't equip real weapons (inebfore destroyers).
I find it funny that you also QQ about the mnk getting shenlongs but don't argue agianst the SAM getting speed belt & disk gloves +1 even though the last 2 items are going to cost you 15-20 mor emillions. For your info it's easy to get HS+1 for less than 10M. Enjoy your mediocrity.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-06-21 09:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
I've seen many QQ theads around here so I thought I would post something positive. What does everyone think will be possble after this update (which nms can be killed with less people or soloed). Also how much people can go to end game events (how much less can you do them with).

Hey guys, remember this? Take your mnk battle to a mnk battle thread please.

I'm greatly looking forward to getting Sekkanoki as /sam. I can understand career sams getting mad that everyone else gets access to it, but I'm really looking forward to using it. I'll have even greater TP control now than before. Aspir II is going to a great help as well.

I'm excited to see how party builds change now that mages will have access to Convert, and eventually Refresh. I would like to be able to play RDM as a pure debuffer/enfeebler, not just the party Refresh/Haster. Hell, I'll just be happy to be in a party that doesn't involve birds or imps!